Must cancel cruise 2 weeks before departure!

I have lost my passport. When I realized a few weeks ago I called the passport agency in DC and was told that I couldn't make an appt for "urgent travel" replacement until today. I called and the first availble appt is the day of my travel!!! The closest ageny is DC so I was going to fly up for the day. I am in shock and don't want to miss my 12 day trip. I have called the travel ins and it is only covered if itwas stolen and i filed a police report.  Is there any chance of getting any type of credit for a future cruie from RCCL? 

Call passport folks again and try to get an appointment again.  There are other offices you could potentially fly to and get it done in time.  Also, appointments get cancelled.  

Also, depending on the cruise, you may not need a passport?   What cruise is it?

12 minutes ago, read2learn said:

I have lost my passport. When I realized a few weeks ago I called the passport agency in DC and was told that I couldn't make an appt for "urgent travel" replacement until today. I called and the first availble appt is the day of my travel!!! The closest ageny is DC so I was going to fly up for the day. I am in shock and don't want to miss my 12 day trip. I have called the travel ins and it is only covered if itwas stolen and i filed a police report.  Is there any chance of getting any type of credit for a future cruie from RCCL? 

Also, call your congress rep office.  They might be able to help get you an appointment?   Not sure on that though.  

• Like 1

If you purchased your travel insurance from Royal, the insurance does include CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) and you receive a 75% credit towards a future cruise. It allows you to cancel your cruise For Any Reason at any time up to the ships scheduled departure date and time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topnole said:

Call passport folks again and try to get an appointment again.  There are other offices you could potentially fly to and get it done in time.  Also, appointments get cancelled.  

Also, depending on the cruise, you may not need a passport?   What cruise is it?

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

Also, call your congress rep office.  They might be able to help get you an appointment?   Not sure on that though.  

7 minutes ago, topnole said:

The cruise is to the British Isles from Amsterdam. The person I spoke with was less than helpful when I asked about canceled appts. I thought about calling our Rep. I was really lookingforward to fish and chips.  

2 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

If you purchased your travel insurance from Royal, the insurance does include CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) and you receive a 75% credit towards a future cruise. It allows you to cancel your cruise For Any Reason at any time up to the ships scheduled departure date and time.

I purchased from Travel agency and have already called them and I don't have that coverage. 😞

12 minutes ago, read2learn said:

The cruise is to the British Isles from Amsterdam.

Yes, you definitely need your passport.  Good luck.  I hope you can figure something out.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, read2learn said:

If you can't find your passport, how do you know it wasn't stolen?  If you know it wasn't stolen for sure, you'd know where it is.  File a police report.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Thst coverage was increased to 90% a while ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can see filing that police report going well....

Police officer, when did the theft occur

You, I'm not sure

PO, any signs of forced entry

You, No.

PO, anything missing beside your passport

You, No.

PO, where was the last place you saw it

You, I can't remember

Lost, not stolen.

Please don't waste the police departments time on something that did not happen.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Search again for the passport.  Turn everything inside out.  Every nook and cranny in your luggage where you might have slipped it in after showing your passport to immigration.  That's a crazy time and you might have misplaced it in a pocket of your jacket or pants.  Try and review your last use of the passport and what you wore or bags you had.  You do have it somewhere.  Maybe in your vehicle glove compartment.  Check all your pants pockets too.  I

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can see filing that police report going well....

Police officer, when did the theft occur

You, I'm not sure

PO, any signs of forced entry

You, No.

PO, anything missing beside your passport

You, No.

PO, where was the last place you saw it

You, I can't remember

Lost, not stolen.

Please don't waste the police departments time on something that did not happen.

I have no intention of filing a report. My house was not broken into and my passport would not be the only thing stolen. I fear I may have put it out with papers I had while planning the trip. I had it out for the airline reservations and tthen it was gone. I have even checked all of the dog's hiding places.🐕 Saint Anthony must be on vacation as he isn't answering my calls!!    😊

• Like 5

Many years ago DW and I were flying to Florida for a cruise.  About a week before I realized I couldn't find my DL (yes, we were using passports, but DLs are easier to work with).  I went to my DMV and got a new DL (at the time, they could print out at the office).  So we go on the flight to Orlando.  

We check in with my parents who were staying with our kids.  My dad asked "did you forget something?"  No.  "Are you sure?"  Yes.  "Where's your DL?"  In my wallet.  "Oh, we found it on the scanner bed."

I had scanned my DL so I'd have an electronic copy and left it on the scanner.  Fortunately DLs were easy to replace.  

I tell this story just to reiterate about turning your house upside down looking for the passport.  You never know where you might have put it. 

• Like 4

I agree, check everywhere. Inside jacket pockets, manila filing folders, mail pile sitting on your counter, even if you just looked there. Take your time. Recently I couldn't find a prescription and it was sitting in front of my keyboard the whole time. It was on top of the pile of receipts, too. My husband didn't see it, either.

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

The cruise is to the British Isles from Amsterdam. The person I spoke with was less than helpful when I asked about canceled appts. I thought about calling our Rep. I was really lookingforward to fish and chips.  

Definitely call your rep and ask for help.  And definitely call the passport folks again for an appointment.  Call now if possible.  The sooner the better.  The quality of help varies a lot per person.  Keep calling till you get an appointment.  At least I would.  Don’t give up just yet.  

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

They can potentially get you a passport appointment at any passport office.  Tell them you are open to other locations.  I’d first research what might work best for you for flights etc. and ask for that.   It may we’ll still be possible.  

• Like 1

Finding that lost passport would be your happiest outcome. Has someone else you trust searched diligently for the passport?  Or even yet multiple people (spouse, good friend, house cleaner, etc).  Sometimes DH finds my misplaced things or I his.  Get some fresh eyes on the job.

My DS and DDIL are planning a trip to Iceland for their 10th anniversary.  Just as my DS was going to hit "buy" for the tickets, DDIL told him she couldn't find her passports.  She has two (UK and US) but only really travels with her US one.  So, she had used them last year on a trip to the UK and had them when she returned.  Her mom came over and the three of them turned the house upside down.  They did not find them.  She applied for a new US one and is now waiting and waiting patiently for it to come in the mail so they can plan their trip.  I told her to look in the freezer and anywhere else she wouldn't ever think they could be.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

Have you tried using a private passport replacement service?  they typically can turn it around in 5-7 days.  It's not cheap ($749 for the one I googled), but it's better than missing entire trip!

Good idea.  I didn’t realize these places can handle lost passports.  Worth a try.  I’d spend that in a heartbeat to save my trip.  

• Like 4