New email - recognition of website issues

uktog

Dear Azamara Guest,

We deeply value your trust and loyalty to Azamara. As many of you are aware, we’ve completed the final steps of becoming an independent company. As part of this process, we implemented new technology to support all aspects of our business.

The most critical and complex component of transitioning our reservation system was to transfer bookings for future cruises from our former parent company’s system into our new system. We underestimated the complexity of moving over these bookings and as a result, trip components and prices may appear inaccurate in some guests’ accounts. We deeply regret the inconvenience or frustration this process has caused you and your travel companions. I can assure you that we are working diligently to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

We want to assure you that all your booking information remains secure, and you’ll be able to sail with us as planned at the same rates you reserved. In the most concerning cases, customers may see a balance due that is not accurate. No additional payment outside of the original balances on the original booking is required, even if one appears in the account.

We understand that many of you and your travel advisors have questions, which has led to an increase in our call centre volume. Wait times have been unacceptably high, which has made servicing existing bookings and making new reservations difficult. We recognise that the current pre-cruise process does not meet the Azamara standard. To address this issue, we have:

• Increased overall global call centre staff to help answer request forms in a more timely manner.
  • Added a dedicated call centre option for sailings within 30 days.
  • Added IT resources to repair bookings and account accuracy to fix any incorrect information before you board so you can have a stress-free experience.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this transition period. We remain committed to providing the exceptional service and experiences that have made Azamara one of the most respected and beloved brands in the travel industry. 

Thanks,

signature-carol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I am happy to say that I received this email - I have rarely been on the email list for the last 15 years, so this is a big step forward for me! Also, my online account is correct, and has been, right along. I suspect many others are correct also, and we are hearing from the (very understandably!) upset people whose accounts are not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When this email arrived, I had just finished discussing the "Azamara Issue" with someone, and I had made the statement, "At this time, they need to rely on Public Relations 101, which is Apology, Accountability, Promise. Along the lines of, 'We are sorry for the frustration this has caused, we underestimated the challenges migrating to the new system would create, and we are working diligently to correct the problems'."  From the email wording, sounds like they have someone trying to steer the PR ship with a bit more thought. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

My bookings are made with a well-respected travel agent who has historically done a lot of business with Azamara. I have no restrictions booking future Azamara cruises through them. 

I assure you that even though some travel agencies are accepting Azamara bookings (and some are not), there is much chatter in the community about "recommending" to these clients other lines such as Oceania and Viking Ocean until the problems get sorted out. It's just become too time consuming and frustrating to provide accurate information, make bookings, or service bookings at the current time. 

• Like 6

Received the letter. Yesterday cruise blogger “Cruise With Don” featured story was about Azamara’s problem with web site and online service. 

Not any new information but he was just telling it like it is.

• Like 1

I find it all a little too late. We originally booked b2b cruises for summer 2022. Then I got Covid right two weeks before our first cruise. Canceled our first cruise we thought until we realized they actually cancelled our second cruise” by mistake.” At that point our original cc room was booked. The good news was they upgraded us to a full suite. Then we had issues with the Covid testing protocols. After a totally mild case and a negative test before we left we took two tests the day before we got on the ship because we didn’t get confirmation that the proctored zoom test was allowed. The zoom proctored test was negative for me. The pharmacy test was on the border. Fortunately I had the note from my dr saying I had quarenteened  for two weeks. So the pharmacy marked me negative. The ship only looked at the date of the test. And the next day the cruise line cancelled most pre cruise testing. 😬 the trip was fine and we booked our replacement cruise thank goodness including shore excursions. However my husband left his iPad on the ship and it took three months and many phone calls, emails for him to get it back. Our bad for leaving it but still we paid over $300 in shipping FedEx and it still took that long???  Everything looks fine for getting on our replacement cruise.. but we had issues with our cruise getting the replacement credit applied. Hope our cruise is good. It will probably be our last with Azamara!  

5 hours ago, lisiamc said:

I am happy to say that I received this email - I have rarely been on the email list for the last 15 years, so this is a big step forward for me! Also, my online account is correct, and has been, right along. I suspect many others are correct also, and we are hearing from the (very understandably!) upset people whose accounts are not.

Having just completed our 12th Azamara cruise in April, for some reason we have been dropped from the email list and haven't received any of these Cabezas apologies and updates.

Accounts are a mess but I will wait and hope for improvement one day.

Good thing i read cruise critic to stay up to date and to all of you, thankyou for sharing.

• Like 2

I usually get emails, but not this one.

"Added a dedicated call centre option for sailings within 30 days."

Comment on another thread indicates there is no prompt to select a "dedicated area" and no new phone number appears to have been provided.

FWIW as someone who has yet to sail with Azamara, but has a specific itinerary in mind to book, I am not doing so at the moment. There’s simply no excuse for IT issues continuing for this long. TA’s shunning Azamara also send a grave signal. I can’t, in good conscience, commit right now. 

I regret that this is my first post on this board, but I felt that an outsider’s perspective might be helpful. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, terry&mike said:

I assure you that even though some travel agencies are accepting Azamara bookings (and some are not), there is much chatter in the community about "recommending" to these clients other lines such as Oceania and Viking Ocean until the problems get sorted out. It's just become too time consuming and frustrating to provide accurate information, make bookings, or service bookings at the current time. 

Horrible on their part then!  The agents I know have absolutely no problems booking Azamara since transitioning.  

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, RichYak said:

FWIW as someone who has yet to sail with Azamara, but has a specific itinerary in mind to book, I am not doing so at the moment. There’s simply no excuse for IT issues continuing for this long. TA’s shunning Azamara also send a grave signal. I can’t, in good conscience, commit right now. 

I regret that this is my first post on this board, but I felt that an outsider’s perspective might be helpful. 

I completely understand.  I'm the Host of the River Cruising forum and there are several river cruise lines that I would never cruise with because of their serious long-term customer service issues – despite great reviews from those who actually cruise on them.

One line that had similar threads on Cruise Critic not long ago was Scenic – their website was hacked and they chose not to pay the ransom.  It turns out that rebuilding a cruise company website is a lot more complicated that we duffers [and even they – the owners] thought.  During the many months that their website was completely unusable, many people wondered if they were doomed and many refused to book with them.  We did have a cruise booked during that period; our TA was able to help us with the most pressing issues; and in the end the cruise was the best river cruise we have had and made Scenic our favorite river cruise line after many very happy AMA cruises.

So in this case, as someone who has sailed on 32 cruises total (even though only 3 on Azamara, and none during this website meltdown) – I will say that Azamara is a very special cruise line with unbeatable itineraries and very special onboard experiences.  If you don't book this itinerary this year, it will probably reappear in the future.  Don't write off Azamara completely because of today's problems.  Stay tuned – 'this too shall pass.'

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I completely understand.  I'm the Host of the River Cruising forum and there are several river cruise lines that I would never cruise with because of their serious long-term customer service issues – despite great reviews from those who actually cruise on them.

One line that had similar threads on Cruise Critic not long ago was Scenic – their website was hacked and they chose not to pay the ransom.  It turns out that rebuilding a cruise company website is a lot more complicated that we duffers [and even they – the owners] thought.  During the many months that their website was completely unusable, many people wondered if they were doomed and many refused to book with them.  We did have a cruise booked during that period; our TA was able to help us with the most pressing issues; and in the end the cruise was the best river cruise we have had and made Scenic our favorite river cruise line after many very happy AMA cruises.

So in this case, as someone who has sailed on 32 cruises total (even though only 3 on Azamara, and none during this website meltdown) – I will say that Azamara is a very special cruise line with unbeatable itineraries and very special onboard experiences.  If you don't book this itinerary this year, it will probably reappear in the future.  Don't write off Azamara completely because of today's problems.  Stay tuned – 'this too shall pass.'

I was hoping you might reply on this one.  I was going to make an attempt but you did a better job replying than I could have!   I was going to say “stand by and stay tuned”, also.  I am more hopeful today after seeing some progress with my reservation.  I cruise in a month.  I will try to give some updates from onboard Pursuit as a long time cruiser and lover of Azamara since 2009 (although I admit to losing patience in the past couple of weeks).  😀

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If you don't book this itinerary this year, it will probably reappear in the future.  Don't write off Azamara completely because of today's problems.  Stay tuned – 'this too shall pass.'

I have the luxury of time. This sailing isn’t until fall of 2024. This too may pass, or it may crash and burn. Right now, there are too many red flags. 

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

their website was hacked and they chose not to pay the ransom.  It turns out that rebuilding a cruise company website is a lot more complicated that we duffers [and even they – the owners] thought

But... 

Scenic's problems were unexpected!

Azamara knew that they would have to transfer their data to a new platform. 

As they say: 'apples and oranges'. 

Edited by blag
Expansjon
  • Like 4

I have yet to get today’s email.  My husband did and clearly many others did as well. I received the last two (sent on the same day) so it is not a matter of them not having my email address. What value is there in an update and apology that is sent out to some but not all. This email is intended to make people feel better about AZ but I am now more annoyed than ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, blag said:

But... 

Scenic's problems were unexpected!

Azamara knew that they would have to transfer their data to a new platform. 

As they say: 'apples and oranges'. 

My university knew that we had to transfer our data to a new platform, and we spent years planning with the new vendor and trying to clean the data files before the transfer – and we still experienced the same 'unexpected' problems.  Don't be so sure about things that you haven't been through.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Don't be so sure about things that you haven't been through.

That seems rather dismissive, and not a little patronising. 

You have no idea of my knowledge or experience.

• Like 4

I have got that email. I was able to log in today after resetting my password. My booking is there as well as the shore excursions I have booked. But the on board credit has disappeared and for the shores excursions it appears if I owe money.

Does this sounds familiar to others? My cruise is at the end of June. Shall I just wait or get in touch with Azamara?

Ivi

20 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I have got that email. I was able to log in today after resetting my password. My booking is there as well as the shore excursions I have booked. But the on board credit has disappeared and for the shores excursions it appears if I owe money.

Does this sounds familiar to others? My cruise is at the end of June. Shall I just wait or get in touch with Azamara?

Ivi

Yes it is, my situation has not improved, in fact my account is now showing an even larger amount of fictitious money owing!! Plus no OBC showing anywhere and I have tried all the "helpful" tips others have suggested.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

My university knew that we had to transfer our data to a new platform, and we spent years planning with the new vendor and trying to clean the data files before the transfer – and we still experienced the same 'unexpected' problems.  Don't be so sure about things that you haven't been through.

Well said! And as someone else pointed out, Azamara is very dependent on the the data sent over by RCCL. They haven’t cared about Azamara for some years before the sale, so expecting them to be helpful and efficient AFTER the sale is unrealistic. 

• Like 3