Navigator of the Seas 2024

Hello.  Does anyone know why the Navigator is not showing being able to book for March of 2024?  Is it maybe dry-dock?  I wouldn't ask if I knew how to find on my own.  TIA

Well, they maybe changing the areas it will be sailing to………….I hope they are not moving it from the West Coast, and if so I hope it is replaced!  I do know that Celebrity is moving Solstice fron porting in LA to Seattle for 2024.  I guess Mexico was not a good move for them

Perhaps it's chartered. We were on in January 2022 and January 2023 and will be on again in February 2025. Waited a long time for RCI to return to our coast and love the Navigator.

• Like 3

I was wondering the exact same thing. I was trying to find a cruise on Royal Caribbean for the eclipse cruise in early April, and hoping they had something leaving at the end of March from LA.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Perhaps it's chartered. We were on in January 2022 and January 2023 and will be on again in February 2025. Waited a long time for RCI to return to our coast and love the Navigator.

We're on Feb 2025 as well B2B with a 4 and 7 day.  What dates do you have?

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We're on Feb 2025 as well B2B with a 4 and 7 day.  What dates do you have?

We're on her Feb 14th. and got in on the crazy price point when the bookings opened.

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

It will be in dry dock. Heard that from several crew members last month. The ship will be traveling to the Sembawang shipyard in Singapore which is why it’s has the month of March zeroed out for cruises. 

Any idea what they'll be doing? She looked great the last time we were on her.

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

Any idea what they'll be doing? She looked great the last time we were on her.

General routine maintenance. Nothing special. It will only be in dry dock for about two weeks. I was told that this was the only shipyard available since the ship is on the west coast. A good amount of travel time to and from Singapore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

General routine maintenance. Nothing special. It will only be in dry dock for about two weeks. I was told that this was the only shipyard available since the ship is on the west coast. A good amount of travel time to and from Singapore. 

Looks like crew only. It would have made for a nice transpacific. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone for your responses.  I think folks are right about the dry dock.  Sad that there is no RC ship out of San Pedro the entire month March.  Thinking maybe of Feb but concerned what things will be like just before going into dry dock.  Or April just coming out of dry dock. 

Anyone have experiences to share on those thoughts?  We are also looking at New Orleans as they are bringing a ship back there starting Oct of 2024.  We always enjoy our time in that city so would be perfect for us.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. 

We just got off Navigator yesterday.  Department heads put in their wish lists two weeks ago, but haven't gotten results yet.  They are going to Singapore for 6 weeks.  Different opinions if they will have any passengers on board.  The crew members we talked to were pretty excited about the journey.

We earned more credits, not sure if going Jan, Feb or May.  Already booked for this Sept.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 5:52 PM, driftychick said:

Well, they maybe changing the areas it will be sailing to………….I hope they are not moving it from the West Coast, and if so I hope it is replaced!  I do know that Celebrity is moving Solstice fron porting in LA to Seattle for 2024.  I guess Mexico was not a good move for them

I am a bit saddened that Celebrity is leaving LA as well. They really haven't sailed the Mexican Riviera in years but covid changed all that for us and we loved the 7 day runs on Solstice. We have also sailed Navigator a few times but the atmosphere on Celebrity is very different and we prefer the longer cruises, not the 3 and 4 day drinkathons that sometimes comes with the weekender cruises. Celebrity will bring the Eclipse to LA from Oct 1 thru Dec 6 of this year for the last hurrah of Mexican Riviera cruises.

Edited by neverlaysup

1 hour ago, NJoynCruisin said:

We just got off Navigator yesterday.  Department heads put in their wish lists two weeks ago, but haven't gotten results yet.  They are going to Singapore for 6 weeks.  Different opinions if they will have any passengers on board.  The crew members we talked to were pretty excited about the journey.

We earned more credits, not sure if going Jan, Feb or May.  Already booked for this Sept.

We board Sept 18th.  Really looking forward to it. 

I really wish they didn’t cut the 5 day Cabo overnight cruise. The 7 day Mexico itinerary is super expensive and the 3-4 days are too short, plus I don’t trust that it would be all that warm in Ensenada or Catalina in January! 

Interesting about the dry dock. We were on Navigator a month ago and it was great, but the rooms definitely looked a little tired. 

On 5/15/2023 at 5:24 PM, imola said:

Hello.  Does anyone know why the Navigator is not showing being able to book for March of 2024?  Is it maybe dry-dock?  I wouldn't ask if I knew how to find on my own.  TIA

The Captain told us last week that she will be dry docked in Singapore. At least I THINK that’s what he said.  He has a Swedish accent and I didn’t always hear him. 

Edited by Linsifer
  • Like 1