Back to back cruises incentives?

luv2bcruzn

We already have one cruise booked and are looking at possibly booking a second being a back to back. The 1st is booked thru a TA.

Are there usually any extra incentives to booking a b2b; either with TA or cruise line? 

33 minutes ago, LuvToSki said:

Discount is taken off total cruise price, amount depends on length of each cruise. Each cruise on a B2B gets a discount. Have TA request the discount. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Back_to_Back_Offer_Flyer.pdf

thanks for this! i am on the phone at the moment seeing i can have this discount applied to my b2b in Nov/Dec.  You can learn so much from CC!

23 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

Ok, so I got off the phone.  The sales person I spoke to said that at this time there are no discounts offered for back to back cruises.  Which is a shame!

I see that our OP is in Australia.  Double check if there are different rules/protocols for Australian bookings.  But for a US booking the sales person is 100% wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

Ok, so I got off the phone.  The sales person I spoke to said that at this time there are no discounts offered for back to back cruises.  Which is a shame!

If you only called once, it is worth calling again to see if you get a different, more favorable answer. 

• Like 3

If you have the same cabin you don’t have to pack at the end of the first cruise

You don’t have to rush on the morning between the 2 cruises.  

You will be the one of the first in the buffet on the second.  You will also be given a voucher for the MDR lunch on the 2nd embarkation day.  

If you buy liquor on the first cruise you will have it in your cabin for the next cruise.

If you are into the trivia games you will know all of the answers from the previous cruise and win some cheap piece of nothing.   On one cruise the winner got all you can eat pizza in the buffet.  This was done because of all of the ‘cheating”.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

From what I understand both sailings have to be with the same TA to be able to apply the B2B discount.

Not necessarily true. I have two different TAs for my B2B in June (long story and I wouldn't recommend doing that again) and was able to get an onboard credit for both cruises (I learned about the discount after final payments) although it did take several 3-way phone calls with the TA(s) and Celebrity to sort that out... (good on the two TAs and Celebrity for accommodating this).

• Like 1

OK, so for Aussies...  I rang back and spoke to four different agents.  They all knew about the back to back discount but it does not apply in the Australian market - we can only access discounts on celebritycruises.com/au (or whatever the australian version of the website is).   So, sucks to be us, but it is what it is.   :  )

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 7:51 AM, mahdnc said:

If you only called once, it is worth calling again to see if you get a different, more favorable answer. 

We booked back to back at Christmas on the Beyond. One with the cruise line and one with vacation to go. We got a extra 50 on each cruise ship board credit. 

On 5/29/2023 at 9:01 AM, miched said:

If you are into the trivia games you will know all of the answers from the previous cruise and win some cheap piece of nothing.   On one cruise the winner got all you can eat pizza in the buffet.  This was done because of all of the ‘cheating”.  

Gotta say this one made me laugh out loud. I'm a trivia guy and I always suspected some people just feel the need to look at their phones. But what do I know? I'm also suspicious of people cheating at Wordle.

On 5/29/2023 at 6:01 AM, miched said:

If you have the same cabin you don’t have to pack at the end of the first cruise

You don’t have to rush on the morning between the 2 cruises.  

You will be the one of the first in the buffet on the second.  You will also be given a voucher for the MDR lunch on the 2nd embarkation day.  

If you buy liquor on the first cruise you will have it in your cabin for the next cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We had booked a B2B that was on 2 different X ships from 2 different Ports! (post covid 2021)

One arriving in  Miami and the next Ft. Lauderdale. I was thinking I would get an UBER but then Celebrity notified me without my asking that our transfer would be taken care of and was already arranged!

Both cruises were booked through our TA and not Celebrity.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, D. B. said:

We had booked a B2B that was on 2 different X ships from 2 different Ports! (post covid 2021)

One arriving in  Miami and the next Ft. Lauderdale. I was thinking I would get an UBER but then Celebrity notified me without my asking that our transfer would be taken care of and was already arranged!

Very very cool

On 5/29/2023 at 6:01 AM, miched said:

We were just on a cruise where one team kept winning all of the trivia games with some unreal scores--even getting correct some really obscure questions to which NOBODY possibly could have known the answers.  Finally, one day, several people objected to a question where the host obviously had the answer wrong.  But, again, this one team scored 20 out oif 20--even the clearly wrong answer. When someone showed the host the Googled correct info, one of the women on this winning team blurted out "Well...THAT was the answer on last week's cruise!".  At tht point, we all knew how this team seemingly knew everything.

The rest of us puzzled about how some people could take so much joy in "winning" anything based on having the answers ahead of the game.  Between that and the people googling every question on their cell phone using their wifi package and the people grading their own papers and writing in the answers as the answers are given (Yes, we've seen both), it makes me want to never play Trivia on a ship again.

As to the original point of the thread, we've gotten that $100 before...but, with our upcoming B2B Millennium Japan cruises, since we booked back in 2019 and lifted-and-shifted multiple times, we don't even remember if the $100 was ever discussed or accounted for...but, considering we'll finally get to do the cruises in 2024 and considering all the people who just got shockingly canceled, I've decided not to push the issue or otherwise mess with the deal.  Not over $100.  We don't want anyone messinfg with the bookings.

Edited by Bruin Steve

On 5/29/2023 at 3:59 AM, luv2bcruzn said:

We already have one cruise booked and are looking at possibly booking a second being a back to back. The 1st is booked thru a TA.

Are there usually any extra incentives to booking a b2b; either with TA or cruise line? 

I booked a back to back to back a few months ago & got £100 discount on each cruise but the big plus was only one deposit not 3 for all the cruises even though they have separate booking numbers. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, D. B. said:

What you did is called a side by side.  We did that one time  and were in suites for both cruises, and also Elite Plus.   The sailings were out of the same port and Celebrity didn’t do anything for us.  We asked if they could transfer our luggage and we were told that they couldn’t do that.  They told us that we could stay on board until 11 with all of the privileges.   At 9:30 we were told that we had to leave as they had to zero out the ship.  We left, got out luggage and walked over to the adjoining terminal.  They wouldn’t take our luggage as it was too soon.   We found a shady area and sat on our luggage until 11:00 when they finally accepted our luggage and then let us into the terminal.  

This was about 5 years ago.  It is nice to hear that Celebrity is now accommodating those that are doing side by side cruises.  

We did get the discount for the side by side the same as for a B2B.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On 5/28/2023 at 10:59 PM, luv2bcruzn said:

I just booked a B2B on the Summit in December. The first half was booked by me directly through the Celebrity people and the second half was booked via my TA but….. I was too late for my TA to transfer the first half to her. That was somewhat of a dilemma so make sure you have your TA do both parts of your B2B. 
As far as advantages go, it doesn’t seem like Celebrity offers anything for B2Bs. However you do save on travel, airfare, motel etc.