Beer not part of Diamond drinks?

Recall an update recently that the drink vouchers only are good for liquor based drinks. Is this a thing or did I read something wrong? More of a beer guy here and only get occasional cocktails.

2 minutes ago, coaster said:

Recall an update recently that the drink vouchers only are good for liquor based drinks. Is this a thing or did I read something wrong? More of a beer guy here and only get occasional cocktails.

Diamonds get 4 drink vouchers a day, loaded to your sea pass card, to be used at anytime during the day on any drink up to $14.

38 minutes ago, coaster said:

I think what you may be confusing this with is that with the recent enhancements D+ members no longer get to select beer as their welcome aboard beverage, everyone now just gets water.  has nothing to do with the daily vouchers

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think what you may be confusing this with is that with the recent enhancements D+ members no longer get to select beer as their welcome aboard beverage, everyone now just gets water.  has nothing to do with the daily vouchers

Makes sense as to my confusion. Thank you. 

Have to say there were  some days I didn't use my vouchers until right before the old midnight cutoff and got bottles of beer to go... 

Edited by coaster

2 minutes ago, coaster said:

Have to say there are some days I don't use my vouchers until right before the old midnight cutoff and get bottles of beer to go... 

I do the same and have them at the solarium during the following day.

• Like 1

I never managed to use all my vouchers each day.  I drink the ships water so no need for bottled and I brought several bottles of wine to drink at dinner.  Such a lightweight 😁😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coaster said:

Have to say there were  some days I didn't use my vouchers until right before the old midnight cutoff and got bottles of beer to go... 

that’s a good idea,

some days you don’t feel like a drink then others days you make up for it .

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Do they still offer the Foster's?  I did not see it on a recent bar menu.

Thanks.

They had it on the Enchantment in January.  I haven't asked for it since on any other ship.

• Like 1

The downside to using a CAS voucher for beer is the lower price compared to cocktails.

If you are likely to use all of your CAS drinks and you would enjoy another drink then you might save the CAS drinks for wine or cocktails since these cost more, then buy a beer at the lower price. 

Also don't forget about the two 50% off beer or wine vouchers.   These are available per cruise, not per day.  On a day when you might go over your daily CAS drink limit buy a beer with a 50% voucher and save your CAS drinks for more expensive drinks.  

• Like 2