Icon has started her sea trials

Icon has started a series of weeklong Sea Trials according to this source. CruiseHive also reporting similar without a video.

She looks...interesting..while floating. I know they were trying to go all in on the ship's design, but i can't help but wonder if anyone took a step back from the renderings and photos to look at her profile from a distance.

1 hour ago, notscb said:

i can't help but wonder if anyone took a step back from the renderings and photos to look at her profile from a distance.

Before it was built how would they see it from any way other than renderings?

Just now, twangster said:

Before it was built how would they see it from any way other than renderings?

I meant someone on the design team needed to take a further out view of the overall look of the ship (in the renderings).

On one hand, i'm excited to see a new ship sailing. On the other, when the new ship looks so odd at every angle, I wish they would have put more thought into how she looks overall vs. cramming everything on it.

• Like 3

Royal seemed to abandon the exterior aesthetic when they gave in and added water slides to their ships. I suppose relatively few people care much about how the ship looks from afar. But I say the same about automotive design. Cars have gotten pretty ugly but they seem to sell just fine Pontiac Aztec being a notable exception. I’m having a difficult time getting excited about Icon. I’m sure it will be a hit though.

6 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Here's her Marine Traffic position right now:

When she gets out of AIS range, cruisemapper might be a better/easier way to track her.

Biker, who is looking forward to the "Crazy Ivan" tracks that are likely coming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Sea trial to the UK and stay here please 👍💪😜

You can have it.  North America already has more than enough theme parks, which is what this most resembles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one thinking Icon is ugly 🙂

Folks will likely have a great time on her, but dear lord RCL really sacrificed something to try to do it all on this ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Wonder what the reasoning was to shape the bow  like that?

Once designers  claimed  the bulbous  bow was the best,  now they reverted  back to a 1912 Titanic design bow.

20 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Gosh, the front profile looks especially unappealing. I guess it doesn't matter so long as it looks good from onboard.. Even the Icon lettering looks like it's off..

They need a propeller on top of the dome to finish off the look 

FB_IMG_1687211580414.jpg

brimless_big_1_large.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8