SAS Transportation from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami

abby1257

Good morning, has anyone used the above service...if yes....what was your experience.  We are contemplating using them ...we land in Ft. Lauderdale cruise day at noon.....not sure how far too Port of Miami....TIA

We've used them and I booked a private option for my family of 5 adults at the time. The drive from FLL to POM was ok except the driver NEVER stopped talking. Just landing from a red-eye flight this was so annoying !! 

On the return pickup from POM to FLL the driver actually argued with me in that he was insisting we had to wait for another passenger. I had to get very INSISTANT that we had booked this as private transportation. He finally relented and got us on our way !!

I won't book with them again and have used South Florida Shuttles and been very happy with their service.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Good morning, has anyone used the above service...if yes....what was your experience.  We are contemplating using them ...we land in Ft. Lauderdale cruise day at noon.....not sure how far too Port of Miami....TIA

We use them every time we fly until Ft Lauderdale and cruise out of Miami.  I have never flown in day of cruise, but we use them from a hotel to port.  Then again from port to airport.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abby1257 said:

.we land in Ft. Lauderdale cruise day at noon.....not sure how far too Port of Miami....TIA

Hmmm?  Landing at noon, if your flight is not delayed/cancelled, for a cruise leaving that afternoon. 😬

FLL to POM will take about 45-60 minutes - depending upon traffic and day of the week.  If you land at noon (hopefully your flight is not delayed) it will be about 1:00 by the time you are off the plane and reunited with your bags - WHAT TIME DO YOU NEED TO BE ON THE SHIP? 

IF it is 3:00 or 3:30, and IF your flight is on time, and IF there is not a big traffic issue you should make it.  My advice is to skip any shared shuttle, grab the first cab in line and ask the driver to HURRY.  I would also invest in travel insurance ASAP.

Good luck! 😎

Man, landing at noon on cruise day! Good luck! 

Anyway, given your position I honestly would just hop in the first thing you get. Unless you are a larger group just go with an Uber/Lyft from the airport. 

On 6/27/2023 at 11:29 AM, Flymia said:

Man, landing at noon on cruise day! Good luck! 

Anyway, given your position I honestly would just hop in the first thing you get. Unless you are a larger group just go with an Uber/Lyft from the airport. 

I hear you, thank you for your reply...and everyone who replied...SAS sounds reliable so we have booked them from FLL airport to our hotel in Miami...and am taking advice and are coming the day before the cruise...STRESS FREE LOL, thanks again.

• Like 1

We used SAS twice in 2022. They were great both times. Called us in advance and picked us up quickly.  We took them to FLL for early flights and it was perfect. That said in our case we used them for the first run to FLL between 8 & 830.  My brother used them recently but his flight was later so he took the later run and said they were late getting back for the second run. Other than waiting he was happy. Nice Mercedes vans.  

Edited by volk904

• 1 month later...

Used them regularly prior to COVID with no issues, very satisfied. Had them scheduled again, prepaying for the first time when COVID hit and got cancelled. Tried several times over the next year to make contact with no response to either phone calls or emails, trying to get reimbursed. They went into hiding. When things started to return to normal post COVID they appeared out of nowhere offering service and responding to inquiries. Requested refund on prepaid shuttle and got the same answer each time, "we'll be putting the check in the mail next week". This went on for over six months. Finally gave up as others had same problem and couldn't any resolution even after contacting the state of Florida and the BBB. Have gone to MJS Transportation for the past few trips and are very happy with them.

We are interested in using SAS from a hotel in Dania Beach (on their approved list) to the Port of Miami. For the return trip, it looks like they do only POM to FLL, with no option to return to the Dania Beach hotel. Has anyone ever done return trip to hotel rather than airport?  Do you think it is possible?

19 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We are interested in using SAS from a hotel in Dania Beach (on their approved list) to the Port of Miami. For the return trip, it looks like they do only POM to FLL, with no option to return to the Dania Beach hotel. Has anyone ever done return trip to hotel rather than airport?  Do you think it is possible?

Possible yes.  This is a rare option - I would give them a call or email to discuss.

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Possible yes.  This is a rare option - I would give them a call or email to discuss.

Thank you!  Yes, I did try to call, but the voicemail message directed mr to use the website. I inadvertently booked to trip to the port as I was trying to find a way to book the return trip. When I received a confirmation email, I responded to it with my question,  That was yesterday, Sunday, so hopefully I will receive a response today 

6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

If worst comes to worst, does your hotel offer a free shuttle from the airport?

We discussed the issue after I had emailed SAS. We checked the map and saw that the hotel is three miles from the airport, in the opposite direction of the cruise port. We know they need to keep the shuttle moving back and forth from the port, so using the hotel shuttle from the airport is now Plan B.