Retreat phone wait time?

39august

I called the Retreat phone number at 7: 30 AM my time, and got the recorded message the wait time was 2 hrs. 5 min.! I held for a few minutes thinking the message was wrong, but quit after about 15 minutes. I have always gotten thru' in a matter of a few minutes. What the heck could be causing this overload of calls from Retreat guests?

I thought shoreside was in their Kansas call center....At least all of the shoreside concierges I've spoken to in the past said they were. I also pulled my last email from shoreside and she said she works 9-6 (central time). So that also may play into it.

Edited by dcbiker97

10 hours ago, 39august said:

Thanks. I didn't realize staffing would be different during a holiday week. Also, I called the CC number and got on in maybe 10 minutes or less. Strange. 

When I was working, yes many employees used 3-4 days vacation to have a week off. 
I am pretty sure the staff on the Retreat # is far fewer than on the CC # and unless I am mistaken the Retreat # also deals with emails to the executive office

Guest 4-2-N-8

Never had a problem with the Retreat team for Beyond (granted, my only experience to date, but soon also Ascent).

Compared to nearly everyone on this forum, I am new to Celebrity and plan only itineraries on their two newest ships. However, I would believe their other ships must have just as good shoreside service, if my experience is any guage.

In fact, the Retreat team has reached out to me well ahead of travel and been quite responsive and with excellent follow through. For my asks, they dial it in perfectly.

Important point, I don’t call them. They always reach out to me via email threads that they begin. The subject line includes my sail date and reservation number, so I surmise this is their way of tracking everything.

Perhaps instead of calling, you respond to them on the email thread they started for/with you?

They are a nice team.

Peace to all.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

15 hours ago, Sigyn said:

There's a Retreat phone number? What is it? I need it!

we were in Retreat on BEYOND..never given a special number to call. 

Cap Club has a phone number but it is often best to just call the general no.  Early am works best for us!

4 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Never had a problem with with the Retreat team for Beyond (granted, my only experience to date, but soon also Ascent).

Compared to nearly everyone on this forum, I am new to Celebrity and plan only itineraries on their two newest ships. However, I would believe their other ships must have just as good shoreside service, if my experience is any guage.

In fact, the Retreat team has reached out to me well ahead of travel and been quite responsive and with excellent follow through. For my asks, they dial it in perfectly.

Of course, I am respectful toward them and come in with zero gripes. They are nice people.

Peace to all.

you are new....shoreside help and  experiences on the  ship are often two sep worlds!

Guest 4-2-N-8
24 minutes ago, hcat said:

you are new....shoreside help and  experiences on the  ship are often two sep worlds!

My experience to date on the ship was likewise superb.

I don't have many asks, but I am specific and clear when I do. I guage what is in line with what Retreat support staff should do.

I think some of what Celebrity notes that their butler "can" do is silly.

Draw my tub each day? No thank you. 

Unpack my clothes? If on Cunard in top Grills suite (and we have a lot of clothes for long duration), no problem. On Celebrity, I won't ask that even when in the Iconic suite.

Press my shirts for first few nights (as they are usually somewhat wrinkled from travel), great.

Specific champagnes each day in our stateroom, that's a simple ask. Confirm all dining and spa reservations and get us to our private tours, no problem.

Special flower arrangements and breakfast in room at our dining table each morning, likewise no problem.

Every ask of mine is/has been met with efficient and effective service.

We're fairly simple in our requests and always nice to staff, who are far from home. We bear this in mind.

I will say, however, that based upon countless unhappy comments in this forum about Celebrity, it would seem so much less exhausting to just change to another cruise line instead of griping ad nauseum.

I for one like what I have found in Celebrity. More power to them.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

34 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Never had a problem with the Retreat team for Beyond (granted, my only experience to date, but soon also Ascent).

Important point, I don’t call them. They always reach out to me via email threads that they begin. The subject line includes my sail date and reservation number, so I surmise this is their way of tracking everything.

Perhaps instead of calling, you respond to them on the email thread they started for/with you?

They are a nice team.

Peace to all.

From your posts it seems your sailings are in one of the high end suites.  

On the Beyond there are 16 high end suites out of a total of 198 suites.  The guests in those suites deserve and get more personalized attention both from the Shoreside Retreat Team as well as on board Retreat Team.

The disconnect comes when those guests in the other 182 suites expect to be contacted pre cruise, which doesn’t happen much of the time, and  have their requests all handled prior to boarding.   Once on board they expect that their Butler who is responsible for 12 or more suites will be able to give them the same attention and experience of those in the very top suites. 

The reality is that the Shoreside Retreat staff is rather small and main purpose is to focus on the top suites and when time allows to reach out via email to other suites for basic requests (extra hangers, pillow choice, arrival & departure times).  

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

From your posts it seems your sailings are in one of the high end suites.  

On the Beyond there are 16 high end suites out of a total of 198 suites.  The guests in those suites deserve and get more personalized attention both from the Shoreside Retreat Team as well as on board Retreat Team.

The disconnect comes when those guests in the other 182 suites expect to be contacted pre cruise, which doesn’t happen much of the time, and  have their requests all handled prior to boarding.   Once on board they expect that their Butler who is responsible for 12 or more suites will be able to give them the same attention and experience of those in the very top suites. 

The reality is that the Shoreside Retreat staff is rather small and main purpose is to focus on the top suites and when time allows to reach out via email to other suites for basic requests (extra hangers, pillow choice, arrival & departure times).  

This is good information.

Yes, I only do IC and EV bookings. Those balcony views and hot tubs are required features of mine, which limits me to only certain ships and these staterooms.

Perhaps people should engage shoreside only if/once shoreside has contacted them? That's how it has worked for me, and quite well, I might add. The Retreat team is probably busy otherwise and unannounced phone calls probably just interrupt their flow.

TBH, I thought all Retreat service was equal, no matter the stateroom. I haven't reviewed offerings for anything but the two room types I book.

The Retreat team has consistently been quite positive and responsive. I like their product.

On 7/7/2023 at 12:12 PM, 4-2-N-8 said:

This is good information.

Yes, I only do IC and EV bookings. Those balcony views and hot tubs are required features of mine, which limits me to only certain ships and these staterooms.

Perhaps people should engage shoreside only if/once shoreside has contacted them? That's how it has worked for me, and quite well, I might add. The Retreat team is probably busy otherwise and unannounced phone calls probably just interrupt their flow.

TBH, I thought all Retreat service was equal, no matter the stateroom. I haven't reviewed offerings for anything but the two room types I book.

The Retreat team has consistently been quite positive and responsive. I like their product.

Obviously you are the exception and not the norm.  Good for you!  The rest of the 2,400 passengers obviously don't get the treatment you do.  What is the sayin'  Money talks and .......

Guest 4-2-N-8
41 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Obviously you are the exception and not the norm.  Good for you!  The rest of the 2,400 passengers obviously don't get the treatment you do.  What is the sayin'  Money talks and .......

I don't know, but I'm not rude to anyone, here or on the ship, and try to treat staff and crew with respect. 

Plus, as a seemingly rare counterpoint to so much negativity on this forum about Celebrity, I point out what is working well and actually offer my experience. 

I'd think that would be welcome.

There are those who see the good in everything. I'm one of them.

Peace to you.

On 7/7/2023 at 12:12 PM, 4-2-N-8 said:

I thought all Retreat service was equal, no matter the stateroom.

Having stayed in multiple types of Retreat staterooms, I can assure you that this is not the case. For instance, only a small percentage of the Retreat has any tangible access to the shoreside concierge. The onboard experience, while less quantifiable, is different as well. Your only experience thus far is in that small percentage of Retreat staterooms.

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
36 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Having stayed in multiple types of Retreat staterooms, I can assure you that this is not the case. For instance, only a small percentage of the Retreat has any tangible access to the shoreside concierge. The onboard experience, while less quantifiable, is different as well. Your only experience thus far is in that small percentage of Retreat staterooms.

Yes, a presumption on my part, but I do understand that real world experience by others may be different.

Again, simply my observations that are positive, in this forum that has so much negative.

Just an alternative perspective. 

On 7/6/2023 at 7:45 PM, dcbiker97 said:

I thought shoreside was in their Kansas call center....At least all of the shoreside concierges I've spoken to in the past said they were. I also pulled my last email from shoreside and she said she works 9-6 (central time). So that also may play into it.

It depends on the agent.   Many work from home.   I know many of them are in Miami and others in the Midland.   Some I have known for 20 years plus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

It depends on the agent.   Many work from home.   I know many of them are in Miami and others in the Midland.   

Therein lies the difference and experience that so many of us have when talking with Celebrity.  Answers can be all over the place, especially if you are a newbie trying Celebrity for the first time without a TA.  I love hearing the “noise" in the background on some calls, but that was more prevalent during the restart after C.

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It depends on the agent.   Many work from home.   I know many of them are in Miami and others in the Midland.   Some I have known for 20 years plus. 

That sort of tenure with this cruise line holds merit. You've no doubt experienced the gamut.

Hopefully, it will work out satisfactorily, ultimately, at least for most.

Way, inevitably, leads on to way. I guage some to finally have enough and leave Celebrity behind, if general commentary on this forum holds sway.

On 7/6/2023 at 10:31 PM, t18c97 said:

I really wish that the companies that are facing long wait times constantly would implement the call back option, much nicer way to handle the bad service.

I did get the call back option the last time I called and received a call back promptly at the time they had provided. Sure beat hanging on for over an hour.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I guage some to finally have enough and leave Celebrity behind, if general commentary on this forum holds sway.

This forum is not what's causing people to leave Celebrity behind, it's Celebrity's performance/pricing/new policies, etc. that is causing any exodus. The commentary in this forum is only a byproduct of people's experience. I find it odd that you choose to blame the messenger instead of the message or am I misunderstanding your use of the word "sway"?