Ruby Princess Curse continues…..

Guest Bronston

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Put one of the suites on hold tomorrow and call the CVP department or main booking number to complete. Anything else you would like us to do for you

No - see post #27 above

35 minutes ago, Bronston said:

100 % of cruise fare and 50% FCC.

where I would lose out is I paid over $3000 airfare. Simply would be lost money for no purpose. Air trip as over 4 hours one way. Tough on grandkids and to turn around and fly back cross country would be dumb.

no airfare compensation offered if you cancelled??

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

no airfare compensation offered if you cancelled??

For independent air, this is what Princess offered: “We understand you may incur unexpected expenses, such as air change fees. Un-reimbursable air change fees, increased flight costs, and transportation expenses will be reimbursed.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

For independent air, this is what Princess offered: “We understand you may incur unexpected expenses, such as air change fees. Un-reimbursable air change fees, increased flight costs, and transportation expenses will be reimbursed.”

so no future compensation for airfare for the cruise or next cruise if that was the option... thanks

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This group is amazing as I see multiple people trying to help another member who doesn't seem to want to, or know how to, help themselves.  

I think maybe we are jumping through hoops for someone who really may not want our help.  Keep in mind, the original post was basically a "vent".

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Bronston said:

must be used by Feb 1, 2025.

I have never dealt with a refund like this from Princess, before.  I know the day will come.  I have cancelled cruises in the past, and those were handled in a straightforward manner, but, obviously, I was the party that initiated the action.

The clause "must be used by Feb 1, 2025" is a bit ambiguous. It can mean that the a future cruise must be booked by Feb. 1, 2025 and the actually cruise can commence at a subsequent date, or it can mean that the booked cruise must start or, maybe, complete by Feb. 1, 2025.

Does anybody definitively know which is the Princess interpretation?

If the former is the case, and the cruise only has to be booked by Feb. 1, 2025,, then I assume all the funds that are being held by Princess would be immediately applied for the passage of that future cruise..  Presumably, this would be more than the standard deposit amount.  That might bother some, but the way I would see it, Princess is holding the money anyway.  So, why should I care which pocket they put it in?

I think the Princess 2025 AK schedule is being released in a couple weeks.  The OP, might check it out. and, if he sees something attractive, go ahead and book it,  If his future cruise credit is drained, then I think he will have an answer.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I like this one too on the 3rd and 4th sail free. Ok now I’m probably being too helpful. My apologies 

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1096.jpeg

Yes, you are too kind and helpful. OP hasn’t even thanked you for your efforts on his behalf. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Guest Bronston
4 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Yes, you are too kind and helpful. OP hasn’t even thanked you for your efforts on his behalf. 

Thank you….had to run out

6 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

I have never dealt with a refund like this from Princess, before.  I know the day will come.  I have cancelled cruises in the past, and those were handled in a straightforward manner, but, obviously, I was the party that initiated the action.

The clause "must be used by Feb 1, 2025" is a bit ambiguous. It can mean that the a future cruise must be booked by Feb. 1, 2025 and the actually cruise can commence at a subsequent date, or it can mean that the booked cruise must start or, maybe, complete by Feb. 1, 2025.

Does anybody definitively know which is the Princess interpretation?

If the former is the case, and the cruise only has to be booked by Feb. 1, 2025,, then I assume all the funds that are being held by Princess would be immediately applied for the passage of that future cruise..  Presumably, this would be more than the standard deposit amount.  That might bother some, but the way I would see it, Princess is holding the money anyway.  So, why should I care which pocket they put it in?

I think the Princess 2025 AK schedule is being released in a couple weeks.  The OP, might check it out. and, if he sees something attractive, go ahead and book it,  If his future cruise credit is drained, then I think he will have an answer.

Normally, PCL uses this date as a "book by".  However, I have seen FCC posted with both "book by" and "sail by" dates, so it depends.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bronston said:

Thank you….had to run out

No worries 😀I really do feel for you and your situation with trying to do something special with your grandchildren while you can. Life is precious and shorter than we’d like. Best of luck to you. I hope you the get the vacation you wish for. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

Guest Bronston
8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Normally, PCL uses this date as a "book by".  However, I have seen FCC posted with both "book by" and "sail by" dates, so it depends.

Sail by Feb 1, 2025.

5 hours ago, Bronston said:

Sail by Feb 1, 2025.

I see SOME of your frustration, but wasn't there value to your family for the cruise you took?  It still went.. though abbreviated.  So why not build on that and try something different?  Maybe something on east coast?  I'm a half glass full type, so I still you that you have the potential to do at least OK if not better than OK.  For one, try a bit of a different booking option.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Bronston said:

Read where I say my grandkids are in school. June/July of ‘24 are the only option. 

Or should I just get Princess to write a note to their teachers????

If you have to sail by Feb 1, 2025 you've got 1 summer, 1 spring, and 2 winter breaks. Surely the 'grandkids' have 1 of those off. And why can you only cruise in a full suite? (Asks someone who slums it in a balcony with the grandkids in an adjoining balcony. They are not sleeping in my room, I want my sleep)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Seems OP just needed to vent, especially trying to call into Princess (I think most of us knows how frustrating this can be).

Then see some nice folks here on CC trying to help OP on cruises that is very similar to what they would like (CC is a great place for that 🙂 )

I hope OP can just start cooling down and understand this.

Yes, it sucks when cruise plans don’t work out. But I hope OP starts getting the head wrapped around finding solutions to the problem (like getting a cabin booked asap and then get a TA or CVP to work on the details). 

Cheers

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Bronston said:

Well, the Captain/pilot Captain punched a hole in the ship.

vacation destroyed….

no conversations, no feedback, limited communication. It is princess’s way - or no way!

Took the abbreviated cruise (7)days. Had to cruise due to private air arrangements. 

Then princess delivers letters under the cabin door. 75% off abbreviated cruise (Money back) plus 75% off in Future Cruise Credit. Sounds sweet….

But there is fine print….lawyers no doubt.

must be used by Feb 1, 2025. Great unless this was a vacation with grandkids who only get off for June and July from school! 

so that leaves….June/July 2024 for a FCC.

Except all the quality Suite cabins for 4 are already booked.

Guess what - an FCC ain’t worth bird spit if you can’t find a cabin.

as for Princess customer/guest services….non existent. Can’t get anyone on the phone. Princess should disconnect all of their phones…..they are never used anyway!

I supported Princess after the accident on Two (2) San Francisco TV interviews. Thinking of calling the reporter back and telling the world what a sham Princess really is. Two letters, two bait and switches.

not venting, only asking for fairness. Still wondering, why hasn’t Princess reached out to injured parties?? 

waiting Princess. And no, I have never signed a release on anything. Make me whole!

Disappointed in Princess

You don't have to go on the same ship / itinerary... Go somewhere else with the grandkids on another Princess ship. 

When life gives you lemons you have two options:

1) squeeze the juice into your own eye

2) find someone that life gave vodka and have a party with your future cruise credit and refund

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

Our friends were on same cruise with you. 

They and their grandson got covid by day 7 onboard.

They didn't report it, but said they stayed in their cabin once they knew. (they brought test kits)

They're looking forward to the NEXT cruise they can book with FCC, and hope to stay well.

Good luck to you.

• Like 3

On 7/23/2023 at 10:48 AM, Bronston said:

If you are a grandparent, you do all you can to make them happy.

simple as that.

I'm sure there is another cruise that works with your needs and schedule?  You will lose the FCC, but sadly, that might be what it takes.       

Guest Bronston

Does anyone have a number from Princess where I can talk to staff about my FCC. I leave callbacks….nothing or if I do get a callback princess staff tells me it is outside their job duties. 

Over 60% of FCC from Covid were never used. Makes me think Princess prefers we not use the FCC so they can sell same cabin at 100%. Princess is making this so called process exceedingly difficult. I am open to all cruises/destinations. Can’t do much though if lPrincess won’t talk to me.

one word - sad.

I am out of this conversation some people will never be happy. If I recall this is not the first time this poster has vented like this about nothing. 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Bronston said:

Princess is making this so called process exceedingly difficult. I am open to all cruises/destinations. Can’t do much though if lPrincess won’t talk to me.

one word - sad.

Go to the website.  Enter the months you want to sail and add filters as desired for region and length.   You will see available options.  

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Bronston said:

Does anyone have a number from Princess where I can talk to staff about my FCC. I leave callbacks….nothing or if I do get a callback princess staff tells me it is outside their job duties. 

Do you receive cruise offer emails from Princess? I found the name, number, and email of a PVP in an email and he's been great. I wish I could share contact info with you here.. but that's the rule!