Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

No more breakfast tag cards left in the room (per current steward). Everything g is paperless.  Suggested I pick up the phone and call room service for menu items and suite canapés. 

Hmmmm….did he not the the “message”.

He certainly did not get the memo. Lol!

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Huh???  NO!!  Casual Dining locales include both free and for-fee food.  This has been the case for a long time now.  Slices and the Grill on Lido were free and remain free.  O'Malley's and Salty Dog have fees for food.  The change is that Alfredo's/Gigi's used to be free and will now incur fees for food. 

Plus/Premier guests will have casual dining fees waived.  2X per voyage for Plus and unlimited for Premier.

Ok, got it, Thx.  There is so much confusing information out there.  Grrr....  

• Like 1

Sad to see Princess following the airline industry nickle and dime philosophy.  One option is to vote with your wallet and sail on  a competitor.  Another option is to make make sure you get what you paid for by ordering the maximum number of drinks you paid for, even if you just set them aside without consuming them.   Myself, we are already taking road trips rather than cruise or fly.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, UT-Volsfan said:

Have not seen anything about getting wine glasses, but since those come thru Room Service I guess we will order plenty of them for a single $5 RS charge.

Hey everyone.  This was clarified in the seminar from a question.  Things you order for the cabin as supplies like hangers, towels, glasses, etc, do not incur a RS charge.  That new RS charge is for food and drinks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I sure won't be booking full suites anymore since I get nothing for it. I liked room service as included but that take away is a deal breaker. I don't drink so no packages meet my needs. I have a few more cruises booked then I will be looking at other ways to travel. I took some bus tours and liked them and will be looking more closely at them again. 

Flame away but my daily gratuity will be cut in half on my next cruises. I had reduced it  by 20% now it will be 50%. With all this gouging Princess can compensate their crew.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Baby Ruth's don't float. They sink, much like this new incentive program will.

Sorry, I had to add that amonst all the bad news. 

Did you try it in the pool?  With all those nuts maybe it will float?  😂 

Wait, they probably cut down on the nuts!

😜

4 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I sure won't be booking full suites anymore since I get nothing for it. I liked room service as included but that take away is a deal breaker. I don't drink so no packages meet my needs. I have a few more cruises booked then I will be looking at other ways to travel. I took some bus tours and liked them and will be looking more closely at them again. 

Flame away but my daily gratuity will be cut in half on my next cruises. I had reduced it  by 20% now it will be 50%. With all this gouging Princess can compensate their crew.

Of course you would bring up gratuities AGAIN.   PLEASE take bus tours and move on.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, jajohnson said:

Sad to see Princess following the airline industry nickle and dime philosophy.  One option is to vote with your wallet and sail on  a competitor.  Another option is to make make sure you get what you paid for by ordering the maximum number of drinks you paid for, even if you just set them aside without consuming them.   Myself, we are already taking road trips rather than cruise or fly.

Agree, except I don't feel comfortable with the idea of taking unlimited drinks because (1) I was raised (drilled) with the motto of not wasting food/drink and I can't seem to get that out of my head and (2) there is some history of alcoholism in my family so that does not sit well with me. This strategy would work for others though.

I think that we will plan on doing some short "introductory" cruises to new places to get a feel for what we like.  Then, we will follow-up with a land vacation to the places we really liked and want to see more of. If it wasn't for the nickel and diming, we would have been happy to do nearly all cruise vacations.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jajohnson said:

Another option is to make make sure you get what you paid for by ordering the maximum number of drinks you paid for, even if you just set them aside without consuming them. 

Please don't do this. It's petty and wasteful and puts extra pressure on crew members who are already overworked.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

1. Surely, you’ll be able to use “locate” shipmates on the kiosks around the elevators?  

2. Surely, Suite guests will not be charged $5 RS?  They can order off the MDR menu to their cabin.  Surely, they won’t charge for that RS?

Still many things to clarify.  Hopefully, we will find out next month from guests OB.

Agreed. As elite and in a reserve mini suite in October paying even $15 each because we’re the “old” plus still makes me 🤬

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, UT-Volsfan said:

Agree.  How you order an item determines if you get charged or not.  Guest Services will have plenty of Irate passengers.

Have not seen anything about getting wine glasses, but since those come thru Room Service I guess we will order plenty of them for a single $5 RS charge.

We are booked on the Grand sailing Aug 12 for a 14 night cruise.  Appears the changes go into effect on Aug 19, halfway thru the cruise.  Curious to see how they handle that, since other posts indicate services/fees are good for length of cruise.  Since we sail with free Alfredos on Aug. 12, I wonder if they will keep it free on the 2nd week for passengers with Standard fare?

Interesting.  Please come back on here and give feedback. TIA

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

so why does P have 3 different levels you can book, not based on status, cabin type?

I only made the remark because the PCL sales team just doesn't understand why all us guests are not booking the packages.  And yet, they do still have the Standard.  I acknowledge that of course and am grateful that it is there to choose still.  But we all know they push the packages no end as the better values, regardless of individual situations.  

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Ok, got it, Thx.  There is so much confusing information out there.  Grrr....  

Unless you’re on the old Plus/Premier (pre Dec 22) and then you won’t be entitled unless you pay an upgrade charge.

1 minute ago, trvlwrld said:

If I use my medallion on Ocean Ready to do the lifeboat drill check-in (as was required) on our last cruise, will I be charged $15?

Doing the check in, is going to your muster station once OB and a crew member there will scan your Medallion.

Then you will watch the video on your TV or your phone.  That should not activate a charge.  You’re not ordering anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villauk said:

Unless you’re on the old Plus/Premier (pre Dec 22) and then you won’t be entitled unless you pay an upgrade charge.

We are booked for October 24.  Are we going to have to pay an upgrade?

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Less included food options on Carnival?   Guy's burgers, Shaq's Big Chicken, Blue Iguana Cantina, the Deli, Pizza Pirate, Guy's Pig n Anchor BBQ, Chibang, Street Eats, Captains Pasta Bar at Cucina del Capitano, Java Blue Cafe take away.   There's a list of 10 free included food options, all available for lunch and 3 available for breakfast.   Carnival has more included food options than any other cruise line sailing.

Agree. Carnival's options and additional charges are way easier to navigate and understand than Princess's. Plus you can still choose your preferred dining style on Carnival. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

If I use my medallion on Ocean Ready to do the lifeboat drill check-in (as was required) on our last cruise, will I be charged $15?

Yes.  But it's small compared to the charge when you enter a lifeboat during an emergency...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Go try another cruise line if you think Princess is gouging.  Their price increases so far is less than their competition.

As the CEO of RCL said in an interview. The value gap between cruises and other land based vacations reached 45% during the restart. After price increases that gap is now around 35%.

This compares to the gap being 15 to 20% prior to the shutdown.  He indicated more price increases are coming. This is from RCL whose lines have been increasing prices faster than CCL lines.

Edited by ldtr

8 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

I'm confused now, why would we be charged for that. 

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I only made the remark because the PCL sales team just doesn't understand why all us guests are not booking the packages.  And yet, they do still have the Standard.  I acknowledge that of course and am grateful that it is there to choose still.  But we all know they push the packages no end as the better values, regardless of individual situations.  

I especially wish that the sales team also looks at there are many people including myself who travel solo and pay the double occupancy fee to start off with. So when they're not so cute webinar calling out standard fare people for not looking a package was disgusting.

I enjoy cruising and will continue to cruise but I cruise because for me, myself, personally I enjoyed the relaxation piece the most . I also enjoy meeting new people from all over, going to shows and activities (or just having that option if I choose to participate or not), listening to live music, and eating some good food. I most certainly don't need to drink to have a good time, besides the fact I simply just don't drink. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

I'm confused now, why would we be charged for that. 

you will not be. Just people getting confused.

43 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

No more breakfast tag cards left in the room (per current steward). Everything g is paperless.  Suggested I pick up the phone and call room service for menu items and suite canapés. 

Hmmmm….did he not the the “message”.

Well, the webinar said the hang tag on your door for bkfst is still complimentary as well as the website Q&A.

They don’t know that the card has been eliminated?  

So, bring a paper and pen, so you can make your own. 🥴  Just kidding.

Trying to lighten up this thread. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2