Latitudes Special Ambassador Gift

Davechipp74

Does anyone know what it is? I have never seen a post or comment about it I can only imagine it's something way cheesy or way cool. My next NCL cruise is my first as Platinum, which I feel is the best upgrade as far as perks go on NCL, I hear tell that the dinner with officers at the Sapphire level is dinner with like the food and beverage manger, you know not like the Captain or ships Navigation Officer. I have achieved some status perks on other lines, but for the most part they are mediocre at best. 

The best perk I ever received was a shellback card from crossing the Equator aboard the USS Reagan (CVN-76 Nimitz class nuclear powered supercarrier.) believe me that was earned, not given away. 

Edited by Davechipp74
  • Like 2

Dinner With An Officer can be anyone in a middle management to Senior Management position.  Captains and Staff Captains have been known to also host a table.  I had dinner one time with the 3rd Officer (Ships Communications Officer-newly promoted), I had a great time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Dinner With An Officer can be anyone in a middle management to Senior Management position.  Captains and Staff Captains have been known to also host a table.  I had dinner one time with the 3rd Officer (Ships Communications Officer-newly promoted), I had a great time.

That sounds awesome, I had a whiskey and cigar with a Staff Caption on a HAL cruise cigar lounge, it was great he put with me and answered every question I had for over 15 minutes, bid me a toast then was on his way, 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davechipp74 said:

Does anyone know what it is? I have never seen a post or comment about it I can only imagine it's something way cheesy or way cool. My next NCL cruise is my first as Platinum, which I feel is the best upgrade as far as perks go on NCL, I hear tell that the dinner with officers at the Sapphire level is dinner with like the food and beverage manger, you know not like the Captain or ships Navigation Officer. I have achieved some status perks on other lines, but for the most part they are mediocre at best. 

The best perk I ever received was a shellback card from crossing the Equator aboard the USS Reagan (CVN-76 Nimitz class nuclear powered supercarrier.) believe me that was earned, not given away. 

The dinner with the officers can be anyone. The highest we ever had was the Food and Beverage manager. The lowest was the photo shop manager. Actually the lowest was the Tradewinds manager because the shops are contractors (not even NCL employees). 

• Like 3

On my 2nd NCL cruise, the Captain came and sat at our table at Teppanyaki, along with a friend of his and another officer. I didn't want to ask to take a picture with him during his meal but got a couple of covert shots. He let me have the extra vegetables too! That is about as close as I will ever come to Dinner with the Captain.

• Like 4

We had dinner with the Hotel Director on our honeymoon cruise many years back. Hugo was one of our favorites! A terrific dinner with two other couples where we chatted about a lot of the changes that were taking place back then. 

FB_IMG_1691317091445.thumb.jpg.9a904d02d31bb747eaffe9c45dc40faa.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fabnfortysomething said:

if your expectations for dinner with officers are realistic it can be fun and actually the lower levels are more used to socail chit chat

Having spent several years in the United States Marine Corps, and being aboard many U.S. Naval Ships, I'd prefer the company and conversation of more senior officers. However I do understand that officers at any level can be just as entertaining 😏

Edited by Davechipp74
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 7:11 AM, Coastalbreezes said:

When I became Ambassador a few years ago they sent a beautiful Away brand travel tote bag. It has the NCL Latitiudes/Amabassador logo on it.

A tote bag?!? I'd be livid, I'd expect something a bit more than what I can buy at the gift shop for $20.. 

I had replied with a picture of the specific bag from the Away website, but it seems CC deleted my post? Why? Beyond me! Anyway, it's a $245 bag with the embroidered Ambassador Latitudes emblem. A very nice, sturdy and certainly not cheap bag. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@Coastalbreezes & @romalley99

Is this the bag you received?
Appears nicer than the first ones I found...

image.thumb.png.cf6981d87f1511d0382a6db6c4c536f1.png

23 hours ago, Von & John said:

@Davechipp74

Not sure what specific bag @Coastalbreezes received for attaining ambassador.

As a general rule the Away luggage is considered good quality.

Here are the 3 Tote Bags on their website @ this time:

image.thumb.png.b52ada61ad2923e5c69cdbe6ea7e0eee.png

3 hours ago, romalley99 said:

I had replied with a picture of the specific bag from the Away website, but it seems CC deleted my post? Why? Beyond me! Anyway, it's a $245 bag with the embroidered Ambassador Latitudes emblem. A very nice, sturdy and certainly not cheap bag. 

Edited by Von & John

On 8/5/2023 at 3:26 PM, Davechipp74 said:

Most memorable was dinner(s) with Brian Walters, Hotel Director on the Sun.  So fun and informative.  One class act is that man. 

On 8/5/2023 at 3:26 PM, Davechipp74 said:

I hear tell that the dinner with officers at the Sapphire level is dinner with like the food and beverage manger, you know not like the Captain or ships Navigation Officer.

It depends on which officers are available and willing to participate in the program.  I have had dinner with 5 different General Managers, 3 Cruise Next Managers, 2 Captains, 2 Chief Engineers, 2 Chief Medical Officers, once each with half a dozen other three-stripe officers, and 8 times with a junior officer (one or two stripe).  There really is no way to predict who will join you for dinner, although once you reach Diamond or Ambassador the odds of dining with a senior officer do increase.

2 hours ago, DMH15 said:

Most memorable was dinner(s) with Brian Walters, Hotel Director on the Sun.  So fun and informative.  One class act is that man. 

I haven't sailed with Brian, but I have had some really outstanding dinners with other officers.  Usually there are half a dozen or more passengers with one or two officers.  On a couple of occasions, though, it has been just my wife and me with an officer or two in either Le Bistro or Cagney's.  Those were truly memorable.  Our very first dinner with an officer also was in Le Bistro..  We were at a table for six with one other couple plus Captain Mattias and Hotel Director (now called General Manager) Manny.

I was on the Bliss in the Haven as a Gold Level and for reasons unknown to me and my wife we were invited to dinner in Cagney's with the Captain. It was the same night as the officers party in the Haven Lounge. At the end of the party 3 couples and the Captain went to dinner at Cagney's. The captain was very engaging and led much of the conversation as he answered our questions very memorable and a great evening!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DMH15 said:

👍 👍 for Brian. With NCL for 53 years.
Also 👍 👍 for GM Alain Magnier. Both super! Great GMs. Excellent dinner companions.

• Like 1