Improving the experience and making X money!

chemmo

I would just like Celebrity to enforce the rules that they have, or not make any new ones if they are not going to enforce those.  Simplicity, IMHO, is just so much better.  Yes, I know it is difficult, but consistency is a positive.  After reading all the changes other cruise lines are also making, Celebrity is still a great cruise choice!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, OysterD said:

OK thats 3 of the unnecessary overly expensive shops I can think to get rid of and replace with...

Culinary masterclasses. How to create Daniel Boulud signature dishes yourself.

Maybe turn one into a dancing class studio. Offer various styles throughout the cruise. 

Turn one into a mock up of the bridge and have a simulator in there. See how easy it is to dock the ship (a friend just off first X cruise with his family commented how nice it was to see senior crew members around the ship so frequently, unlike other cruise lines. He did wonder who was left up on the bridge driving the thing though, but figured computers do most of it now!). A simulator might help keep the liability insurance down a tad.

Much more enjoyable and profitable use of space! I hope Celebrity is reading this!

3 hours ago, lobsternight said:

For those of us who grew up watching the Love Boat, how about skeet shooting off the stern?  Ok bad suggestion.

I quite like where this thread is going, has me thinking a lot.  I would love to see on sea days some reasonably priced small group tours or lectures.  Similar to like what you experience on wine pairing.  Minimal cost for X and still generating good revenue, not heavy on crew resources.

They stopped skeet shooting when skeets were put on the world endangered species list.

• Haha 7

46 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Two things I would pay for:

1) a great late night show in the theatre with a renowned artist - for example Catherine Jenkins.

2) some peace and quiet - the background "music" is now so loud that it destroys the atmosphere in many (almost all Venus). Examples:

Pre theatre - you used to be able to talk to other guests now it's virtually impossible.

Spa Pool 

Main Pool area - the sound levels here are appalling.

Cafe Al Bacio - the this should be the perfect spot to chat but the background music often makes it impossible 

Grand Foyer - the shows are great but in between the "music" is just not needed.

Most of the other lounges could also do with at least some quiet periods.

Don't know how X would charge.

I don’t think paying for peace and quiet was in my mind when I started this post! As you say it would be difficult to see how to charge for it. Definitely it would be nice to have some star acts…

45 minutes ago, hcat said:

Just not a gadget person.. We have no problem ordering drinks, opening our cabin door and getting the  lights on.. also the IV window if we need to open it  .  We read books and take photos with the Tablet..phone mostly OFF in the safe.. And we do not use the App..our Android devices are too old.  We use the "daily"  to plan our next day.

Understood.  Yes, you would not be the target customer for this sort of device then.  Nothing against that.

With the popularity of Escape Rooms on land, I think that having one onboard, could be a fun revenue-generatror. These are especially popular with the younger Gen-X, Millennial, and Gen-Z folks cruise lines need to attract. 

Perhaps Celebrity Central, or another location could be temporarily set up as one, especially on sea days. If it ends up being very popular, it could perhaps replace a shop that doesn't generate much revenue, and could be set up more permanently. 

If they had multiple sets of puzzles, they could sell pacakges. As with some other things, discounts could be offered to E, E+, and Z  CC members. 

• Like 4

Open an adults only area with padded sun loungers, well spaced,  that are reserved for the day or the cruise, with shade if desired.  Have waitstaff and occasional passed treats (fruit skewers, ice cream sandwiches, mini hot dogs), with pop up entertainment.   No chair hog problem.  

Get rid of all the stores and start from scratch. Young people especially like to shop.  The clothes are largely "old". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Understood.  Yes, you would not be the target customer for this sort of device then.  Nothing against that.

if others want it, its fine as long as we can co-exist!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

With the popularity of Escape Rooms on land, I think that having one onboard, could be a fun revenue-generatror. These are especially popular with the younger Gen-X, Millennial, and Gen-Z folks cruise lines need to attract. 

Perhaps Celebrity Central, or another location could be temporarily set up as one, especially on sea days. If it ends up being very popular, it could perhaps replace a shop that doesn't generate much revenue, and could be set up more permanently. 

If they had multiple sets of puzzles, they could sell pacakges. As with some other things, discounts could be offered to E, E+, and Z  CC members. 

they had  a late night game on early  EDGE... you get an identity..role play .. It flopped!

2 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I would pay good money to have the option of a sit down lunch on embarkation day. Being elbowed out of the way by people a lot bigger, taller and pushier than I am is not how I like to start my cruise!

Sushi on 5 is open on M class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

They had a “escape room in a box” event on the Apex earlier this year. It was fun, and free. I’d definitely pay for a similar experience, especially if it wasn’t with a group of random people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

All I have to say is that so many changes and complaints since the CEO left for another position in the company.   Bring back Lisa.

You can never be sure where or who had a hand in starting the implementation of these changes. It could be the new CEO taking the hit for things started by her predecessor.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

They had a “escape room in a box” event on the Apex earlier this year. It was fun, and free. I’d definitely pay for a similar experience, especially if it wasn’t with a group of random people.

Yep, wife and I are avid escape roomers, and loved this (and won)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I would pay good money to have the option of a sit down lunch on embarkation day. Being elbowed out of the way by people a lot bigger, taller and pushier than I am is not how I like to start my cruise!

Thinking of the number of posts about lunch options on boarding this could be a winner. Bistro on 5 used to fulfil this role but somehow Sushi doesn’t seem to have filled the gap…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MamaFej said:

7 hours ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

Great, now we are thinking!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kr00t0n said:

Yep, wife and I are avid escape roomers, and loved this (and won)

Another vote for an escape room!

7 hours ago, hcat said:

they had  a late night game on early  EDGE... you get an identity..role play .. It flopped!

I remember a mystery dinner on a cruise once, RC I think…Certainly the ship will know it’s ‘quiet’ nights in the speciality restaurants and could try something…

57 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I have had afternoon tea as Elite.

Yes, we enjoyed the first one we went to but the second was heaving…It resembled the one run by the Mad Hatter! The food went around fast but less so the tea! Also The Retreat Lounge/Michael’s offers afternoon tea of a good standard but not available to all. Perhaps, Blu could be a nice venue for an afternoon tea event? Keep the numbers to a reasonable limit leaving space for some live but not too lively music!

7 hours ago, RTShaker said:

You can never be sure where or who had a hand in starting the implementation of these changes. It could be the new CEO taking the hit for things started by her predecessor.

I do know that X does read these threads, whether or not they take the comments/advice seriously is another matter…I just hope that if they read this they do get the message to ask their regulars about changes before implementing both positive and negative. This post has focused on positive changes they could make that we would even be happy to pay more for…

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I have had afternoon tea as Elite.

Hello,

When was that as I've missed it?

The only afternoon tea I've had (available to those in 'steerage') was a 'once and once only per cruise' Afternoon Tea in Murano with a three/four piece music ensemble.

I happily pay €39 for Afternoon Tea in Reid's Hotel in Madeira each and every time we stop there.

A Daniel Boulud cooking session would not interest me as, reading his book, I got to page 300 before I found anything I would want to eat! BUT I would be interested in a 'knife skills' class.

Combining 'drive the ship' and Escape Room, we could have a room set as a dummy bridge and the 'captain' has to save the ship from dangerous situations. Maybe 'chief engineers' and 'mates' could play supporting roles. Who remembers "Left hand down a bit"?

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1