Is it allowed to bring and use a non used previously bought Soda cup?

29 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

I am going on a cruise now in September s and another one in late October. Is it allowed to buy the soda package now and not use the cup until the next cruise?

Technicly its paid for and unused, but for a lower price... $9.99 vs $14 a day.

No

32 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

I am going on a cruise now in September s and another one in late October. Is it allowed to buy the soda package now and not use the cup until the next cruise?

Technicly its paid for and unused, but for a lower price... $9.99 vs $14 a day.

What cruise is charging $14 a day for the soda package?

I would imagine the cup   only becomes active when it is used for for first time and that starts a 2 week timer that the cup works.  If you are on the ship for 2 weeks, it will work for the second week also. If on a B2b   6/8 . pay for the 6 days, it will work for the following 8 days also.   Buy it pre cruise for a discount. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I hope you are ready for "feedback" from the morality police.

I actually had a crew member let me know it was still good on the second cruise.

The cup actually told me how long it as good for. 

34 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I actually had a crew member let me know it was still good on the second cruise.

Yes, I know that, on our last cruise we bought 2 DBP and 2 Soda packages. I didn't use my cup from the DBP until the last day and compared it to my sons, mine hade a later "end date" than his that he activated 6 days before I did.

Will it work?  Probably.  I think the cups are just all set up to work for 2 weeks after whatever activation takes place.

Will you be caught or called out for it?  I don't see that happening.

Is it allowed? There is nothing to stop you.

Is it Royal Caribbean's intent to have you do this?  No.

Is it wrong?  I'm not going to take the time to look for rules that permit it or not.  You can do that or decide on your own.  My guess is that Royal Caribbean either has wording in some terms and conditions that say "for the current cruise" or they didn't think to include that because they thought it was unnecessary.

34 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

But you would only be able to use the cup-not get soda in the dining room or at the bars since the soda package is not attached to your card, correct?

Correct, though some very accommodating bartender may fill it for you without asking for your Seapass card to confirm that you don't have a package.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Do it. I'm regretting opening both of mine last cruise then never even using the 2nd one... could've saved it for my next one! 

I still have mine and my wifes unused from our Freedom 2017 cruise, but they are mixed up with our kids and I doubt that they will work now even if we could find out which were ours...

We have a ton of old cups (sail B2B but don't bother opening the second cup we get for the second cruise).  Usually bring one or two in case it is difficult to pick up the new cup (have had long lines).

Sometimes works in machines, sometimes doesn't.  Did have one bartender ask about the old cup design since it was different from current design.  Once he saw our cruise card had the soda package he had no problems filling it.

Having an old cup can be handy if you drop the cup on the pool deck and shatter the bottom - they may or may not give you a new cup to replace a broken one.

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Depend's, Ships I typically go on do not use the Freestyle Machines and week to week have been known to Change Cup Style. One week the Coffee Cup Style, next the one Amusement style Soda Pop one with huge straw

11 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Enchantment of the seas, Nov 6 from Athens to Barcelona.

They are even genrous to include a "30% off" for that price according to Royals Swedish webpage.. 😂

You were talking in original post about September and October trips. 

If you go in September, buy a soda package. 

If you go in October, buy a soda package.

So the rest of us don't pay more and more to make up for it. 

It's that simple.