Adults and Waterslides

I am a mid 50's age adult male.  I love waterslides.  I guess I will never grow up.  I noticed my next cruise will be on a ship that has waterslides.  Is it faux pas for an old man like me to use the waterslide?  I don't want to seem like some creeper.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jeffr6596 said:

I am a mid 50's age adult male.  I love waterslides.  I guess I will never grow up.  I noticed my next cruise will be on a ship that has waterslides.  Is it faux pas for an old man like me to use the waterslide?  I don't want to seem like some creeper.

Thanks for your feedback.

I use them on every cruise I have been on.  🙂 I'm 57

• Like 3

My husband went down one.  His swimming trunks were made out of some strange material that would not slide.  He got stuck and had to scoot part way down.  It took him longer to get down so we were looking for him!  He was so embarrassed.  I told him to quit buying his swimming trunks at Dollar General and this would not happen!  He still slides down them.  If that didn’t stop an old man then I don’t think anything will!  I say go for it and have fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

I am early 50s and love the slides! I've had a lot of fun conversations with the kids in the lines 🙂 My husband is almost 60 and sometimes I can drag him on the slides as well!

• Like 3

My sister and I both went on all the Perfect Storm waterslides on Oasis earlier this year. We had a blast, but I will say that I tweaked my back a little the third time I went down the green and blue one (which I think is called the Supercell). That one was the most fun, but I never quite made it around the bowl without having to push with my hands. That last time I went over the lip a little funny. No regrets, though!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

I am 50 and did the waterslides last year for the first time in 5 years (got a concussion when hitting my head, while doing it drunk when I was 45 😂) Not my favourite thing to to but no one will bat an eye if you do it. Maybe if you were in your 80s but not mid 50s for sure.

2 hours ago, xeriod said:

I'm 79 and still use them.

...And xeriod , don't listen to anyone who says otherwise !

Happy sliding into your 80's !

Cheers

• Like 8

60+ and looking forward to the waterslides on Liberty next month.  Will miss not having slides on my Anthem TA and Odyssey TA, but will enjoy all the slides, including the express elevator (aka Ultimate Abyss) on my Oasis TA (9 consecutive sea days).

I was the only person doing the water slides on Voyager, while docked at Akureyri, Iceland, last September.  

• Like 5

I’m 48 and intending to head straight for the water slides on our next cruise. I think we’re early boarders (11:30) so hoping to head straight for the slides before the masses arrive.

will the slides be open immediately after embarkation?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

...And xeriod , don't listen to anyone who says otherwise !

Happy sliding into your 80's !

Cheers

Hey Hey Hey! Just to be clear, I never said that someone in their 80s shouldn't ride waterslides, just that people MIGHT look at them if they did, but with admiration in their eyes 🙂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

60+ and looking forward to the waterslides on Liberty next month.  Will miss not having slides on my Anthem TA and Odyssey TA, but will enjoy all the slides, including the express elevator (aka Ultimate Abyss) on my Oasis TA (9 consecutive sea days).

I was the only person doing the water slides on Voyager, while docked at Akureyri, Iceland, last September.  

make sure you try the Tidal Wave, it is awesome

• Like 2

Are you kidding me?  My niece (11) and I RACE EACH OTHER on the slides!  For proof, check out my video here from my time on "Oasis".  My entire family went on "The Ultimate Abyss, as you will see in 15:16.  We loved the slide so much that every time we go on an Oasis class ship, we must christen it with a slide down "The Ultimate Abyss".

@molsonschooner is "Tidal Wave" scary?  My niece and I are debating on trying that next year.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 1