World Wine Tour?

LizzGo

We've done it several times and thought it was one of the more enjoyable wine events. There will be white and red wine representing 5 or 6 countries set up at different tables. You wander through out the venue and sample as much of the wines as you want. Usually lasts 45 to 60 minutes and they have cheese, crackers, etc set up.

• Thanks 1

It used to be a great value for wine drinkers when it was priced at $20 or $25. Now at $45+$9 = $54 (onboard price, per my pending cruise drink options), not a good value at all.

There would be six stations with two wines at each representing different countries, and someone at each station to talk about the wines. There were some cheeses and crackers available also. It was basically all you can drink in an hour. The experience was particularly good when the weather was good (not too hot) and they'd have it out on the lawn.

Edited by publicpersona

If you have a beverage package, there is really no need to pay extra (just skip it) for this event. It's about 6-12 budget priced wines from around the globe that you probably have never heard of (that's OK because you may find a gem). We didn't find it to be anything special on our one and only visit. I know plenty of people that enjoy this tasting but when I pay for a wine tasting, I like to drink nicer wines. JMHO.

Edited by neverlaysup
  • Like 2

Hello,

There was a number of tables put out with as selection of wines from the country whose national flag was pinned to the front of the table. Except for Australia and New Zealand whose flags were swapped-over.

Regards,

Cublet

Oh, ok! We did this before but it was only $20 or $25. It was ok. ( wouldn’t do it again at current price - true about entry level wines) I thought this was something different bc it was more expensive. I was also looking for a wine package that included bottles of wine. Is this not offered? 

Think it was well worth it. I recall for 4 tables setup and just kept going back. I drink cheap wine at home so it all seemed better to me than that. Good use of promo OBC also between this and using it for onboard gratuities.

Edited by coaster

I did this event on the Equinox in June 2023 and was somewhat disappointed.  Maybe my expectations were off.... was hoping to learn a little bit about the wines we were tasting from the various countries but this did not happen except for one station. 

At our event it was simply go to the "country" station and taste with very little to no description of the wine.  In fact one pleasant young man who was very honest (to his credit) simply stated that he was put there to "man the station" and acknowledged he knew nothing about the wine at all. 

Overall the wines were not exactly high quality IMHO, of course understanding that everyone's taste is different.  I would agree with the poster above who recommended waiting for a sale before purchasing.

Signed up for other wine events onboard after the galley tour that were not offered precruise. Sadly, they were cancelled due to low signups. Really wanted to do the port wine tasting. Just fyi..... Not sure why they don't offer all of them in the cruise planner as they would book to a higher level.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

About 12 wines - 6 each of white and red and all quite pedestrian.  A nice opportunity to try wines and use up some OBC.  We'd do it again.  Here's the one pic I have of the World Wine Tour on the Infinity in Fall 2022.

Celebrity World Wine Tour.jpg