Need help please. Hawaiian cruse “adjusted”

1 hour ago, tkalina1111 said:

Hello everyone, I’m super frustrated now. We we supposed to go on a cruise with RC from Vancouver to Hawaii, Maui in October. Because of the situation there with fires, RC just sent us an email where we now have Victoria BC and Seattle instead😭 we’re from Canada, we don’t wanna go to Victoria at all(( 

People are dying and you're upset about a change to your cruise.  Outstanding.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry to disagree but it is completely different.  Substituting Seattle and Vancouver is no where near an overnight in Maui.  People do not book this cruise for Seattle and Vancouver and if Royal thought that they would they would offer this as a regular scheduled itinerary.

I am fully aware that it's just a change in ports and Royal can do what they did but that does not mean that its the right thing to do.  

I understand.

I only glanced quickly at itinerary and I didn’t realize they weren’t in fact stopping in Kauai. I didn’t realize the whole cruise was in fact dependent on one cruise stop.

I agree it is a shame another Hawaiian island couldn’t be substituted but I am sure there are a lot of logistics involved and NCL may be taking the slots at other ports. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tkalina1111 said:

Thank you for your support!🤗 I will contact RB again tomorrow, I’m too upset today and it’s hard not to cry((( 

Ask to escalate it and call on Monday when the supversiros are there if they still give you a problem ca calling. Maybe we will sail together some day and I'll tell you my TA lol. 

Sending hugs. Try not to cry. 

17 minutes ago, tkalina1111 said:

Thank you for your support!🤗 I will contact RB again tomorrow, I’m too upset today and it’s hard not to cry((( 

Who is RB?  The first time I thought it was a typo for Royal Caribbean but not sure who you are referring to.  I hope resolutions can help you as they should allow you to move to a different itinerary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Who is RB?  The first time I thought it was a typo for Royal Caribbean but not sure who you are referring to.  I hope resolutions can help you as they should allow you to move to a different itinerary.

My bad, so sorry🙈 of course it’s Royal Caribbean,  I was typing quick and just too upset because all this situation 

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone, I’m super frustrated now. We we supposed to go on a cruise with RC from Vancouver to Hawaii, Maui in October. Because of the situation there with fires, RC just sent us an email where we now have Victoria BC and Seattle instead😭 we’re from Canada, we don’t wanna go to Victoria at all(( 

And the most frustrating thing is that RC don’t want to do a refund or deposit our money to our next cruise. 
What can we do in this situation, please help 🙏😢

Dear Guest,

Due to the devastating wildfires in Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, we’ll now visit Victoria, British Columbia instead. Additionally, we’ve added a visit to Seattle, Washington on Day 3. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, nonetheless, the safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit are our highest priorities. Below, please find our revised Ovation of the SeasOctober 6th, 2023 itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

10/6/23

Fri

Vancouver, British Columbia

8:00 PM

10/7/23

Sat

Victoria, British Columbia

7:00 AM

6:00 PM

10/8/23

Sun

Seattle, Washington

6:00 PM

10/9/23

Mon

Cruising

10/10/23

Tue

Cruising

10/11/23

Wed

Cruising

10/12/23

Thu

Cruising

10/13/23

Fri

Cruising

10/14/23

Sat

Napali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii

7:00 PM

10/15/23

Sun

Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii

In Victoria, enjoy a delightful blend of Victorian architecture and beautiful outdoor spaces. Stroll along the Inner Harbour and admire views of the Parliament Buildings and ornate totem poles at Thunderbird Park. Explore the colorful and aromatic Butchart Gardens and be sure to try a ride on the hand-carved Rose Carousel. In Seattle, experience new heights at the Space Needle with a 360º view of the city from a vantage point unlike any other. Check out the Museum of Pop Culture for a throwback to some of the most memorable pop culture moments throughout the decades. Whatever you decide to do, we know you’ll have a memorable time!

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Lahaina will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Plannerto level up your vacation.

Thanks for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Ovation of the Seas!

I'm trying really hard to have empathy for you here.  But after reading of all the devastation and loss, maybe it's a bit too raw or too soon to feel for you.  

Teddie

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, teddie said:

I'm trying really hard to have empathy for you here.  But after reading of all the devastation and loss, maybe it's a bit too raw or too soon to feel for you.  

Teddie

So because of the fires in Maui it’s ok (according to you) for Royal Caribbean to screw over loyal customers?  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

People are dying and you're upset about a change to your cruise.  Outstanding.

People are dying all over the world all the time because horrible things happening yet you still go on cruises and would gripe too if this was your dream cruise.   I shouldn’t be shocked but yet I am by so many peoples lack of empathy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

And the most frustrating thing is that RC don’t want to do a refund or deposit our money to our next cruise. 
What can we do in this situation, please help 🙏😢

did you ask?

6 minutes ago, Annie01 said:

So because of the fires in Maui it’s ok (according to you) for Royal Caribbean to screw over loyal customers?  

Of course it's not OK.  But in the grand scheme of things, I can't help my feelings.  

Teddie

Edited by teddie

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry to disagree but it is completely different.  Substituting Seattle and Vancouver is no where near an overnight in Maui.  People do not book this cruise for Seattle and Vancouver and if Royal thought that they would they would offer this as a regular scheduled itinerary.

I am fully aware that it's just a change in ports and Royal can do what they did but that does not mean that its the right thing to do.  

I 100% agree Ken. We’ve done two Hawaii cruises on Royal in the past, and I’ve wanted to book another Hawaiian TA for the past couple of years, but Royal doesn’t stop at Kauai at all now and even the Hawaii ports are just ok….except for Lahaina. Now, there’s no way I’ll book another cruise to Hawaii in the near future. Royal should be ashamed to make this change without any compensation. I’m sorry but Seattle or Vancouver are nothing like Hawaii. Shame on Royal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

In the grand scheme of things unless it's your time, money, and dream vacation that you've lost a piece of, feel free to move on from this post and learn how to empathize for more than one situation. S**t is constantly happening at every single port we cruise to: crime, poverty, etc, doesn't seem to stop anyone from griping about goodness knows what in those moments. As for the OP, they're not blaming the wildfires for a dang thing, they're upset that RCI is actin' a fool again by not accommodating in any way, shape or form, their customer, who is now not getting the experience they had planned for. Bad form.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

To the OP, I know it sure doesn't feel fair but for the way it is really bothering you..............It is an expensive cruise to begin with,  since it does seem they are allowing you to switch to another cruise of your choice? Just pay the $100 per person change fee and be done with it and be happy with your new  cruise you pick..  🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

To the OP, I know it sure doesn't feel fair but for the way it is really bothering you..............It is an expensive cruise to begin with,  since it does seem they are allowing you to switch to another cruise of your choice? Just pay the $100 per person change fee and be done with it and be happy with your new upcoming cruise.  🙂

Pretty sure it's after final payment. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

To the OP, I know it sure doesn't feel fair but for the way it is really bothering you..............It is an expensive cruise to begin with,  since it does seem they are allowing you to switch to another cruise of your choice? Just pay the $100 per person change fee and be done with it and be happy with your new upcoming cruise.  🙂

Unfortunately it’s not $100, it’s 75% per guest(( , and we have 4 family members. 

Is not that different you said??  I was supposed to have two normal days in Hawaii, now I have none! What I will see in Hawaii is the airport on my way back to Canada

I see that you do still have 1 day in Kauai, which is really a beautiful island and one reason I like to visit Hawaii.  I agree that royal should offer something to you all because this is a cruise to “Hawaii” and 1 stop isn’t enough.  In the past we had 7 days in all the islands of Hawaii. 

I’m so sorry for what’s happened in Maui, it’s unbelievable and so tragic , but I understand how you feel too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

IMG_8637.png

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I see that you do still have 1 day in Kauai, which is really a beautiful island and one reason I like to visit Hawaii.  I agree that royal should offer something to you all because this is a cruise to “Hawaii” and 1 stop isn’t enough.  In the past we had 7 days in all the islands of Hawaii. 

I’m so sorry for what’s happened in Maui, it’s unbelievable and so tragic , but I understand how you feel too. 

They do not stop in Kauai.  They cruise along the coast.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Unfortunately there will no stop in Kauai

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

In the grand scheme of things unless it's your time, money, and dream vacation that you've lost a piece of, feel free to move on from this post and learn how to empathize for more than one situation. S**t is constantly happening at every single port we cruise to: crime, poverty, etc, doesn't seem to stop anyone from griping about goodness knows what in those moments. As for the OP, they're not blaming the wildfires for a dang thing, they're upset that RCI is actin' a fool again by not accommodating in any way, shape or form, their customer, who is now not getting the experience they had planned for. Bad form.

It is what it is.  I've stated my feelings and opinion.  You are entitled to yours.

Teddie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk just asking but wondering if they cant just skip maui. Seems like they are skipping all of hawaii. There are not other hawaii ports they can do, like I know big island has hilo and kona.  ... seattle makes no sense to me.

Yes. Skipping most of Hawaii. NCL took 2 days of Maui out and added an overnight in Hilo and Kona and 3 days in Kauai (ship sails out of Honolulu). 7 night cruise. 7 days in Hawaiian ports.

A “Hawaiian Cruise” that does not go to the Big Island is not a Hawaiian Cruise. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4