What is your fav ship non Oasis class ?

We love oasis class…one big point is the newness of the ships, the older ships get revamped but don’t seem to get new cabin decor, carpet, etc.

we would enjoy trying some different itineraries that Oasis class don’t offer….but not sure which ship we would enjoy. We have sailed many times on Mariner but only Oasis class since 2011 or so….we would consider the Freedom class….or Mariner class….but not smaller.  Tendering sounds like a hassle too but for the right ship and ports….we would do. I would love to see Grand Cayman again. 
We only cruise about once a year so want it to be a good one 😎

so what is your favorite and why 😃thanks 

9 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

I was just researching the Odyssey for a Caribbean cruise…how is the solarium?

I don't spend any time in the Solarium.  Only been on the Odyssey one when it first came out but prefer to to the Ovation as they changed the dining rooms around and added Playmakers and Hibachi.  Small changes but made a difference for us.

• Like 2

Odyssey and Liberty. Odyssey was our favorite cruise and Liberty was the cruise we became addicted to cruising. Liberty has a great double person waterslide that is unique to her. Odyssey had a great music hall, playmakers in he sports area and still had that new ship smell. 

Edited by Rusty_lock

30 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

I was just researching the Odyssey for a Caribbean cruise…how is the solarium?

My experience on Odyssey was Feb 2022. I loved the Solarium. It was easy to get a seat bit my experience there may not be instructive. That was before they were running at full capacity. I think we had 2950 passengers instead of the 4900 you’d likely see. 

We've only been on Quantum and Oasis class ships.  Our first cruise on a Quantum Class was Anthum to Bermuda/Boston.  We absolutely loved the ship, especially the Music Hall and the 270.  It didn't hurt that a tribute band that was fantastic (U2 - L.A.vation) was on board and played in both venues. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

We've only been on Quantum and Oasis class ships.  Our first cruise on a Quantum Class was Anthum to Bermuda/Boston.  We absolutely loved the ship, especially the Music Hall and the 270.  It didn't hurt that a tribute band that was fantastic (U2 - L.A.vation) was on board and played in both venues. 

Oops, we have been on the Independence.  Don't know what class it was.  It was almost as big as the Quantum class ships but I didn't like it as much and we were only on it on a 4-night cruise.  Really didn't have time to experience the ship to its fullest. 

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Oops, we have been on the Independence.  Don't know what class it was.

Freedom class - Freedom, Indy, Liberty

And fwiw, it's very very similar to Voyager class, just slightly longer so the promenade is larger.  Everyone's favorite FREE pizza place originated on Freedom class b/c they used some of the extra room to spin off Sorrento's into its own location instead of just serving pizza at Cafe Promenade.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

Odyssey and Liberty. Odyssey was our favorite cruise and Liberty was the cruise we became addicted to cruising. Liberty has a great double person waterslide that is unique to her. Odyssey had a great music hall, playmakers in he sports area and still had that new ship smell. 

Will be on Liberty next month and Odyssey Nov. 2024.

• Like 1

Radiance class,. but basically for the itineraries more than the ship itself. Absolutely nothing wrong with the ship. But given the same itinerary, we'd choose an Oasis class over Radiance every time. Arctic Circle, Iceland & Ireland, Panama Canal (next spring), etc..

37 minutes ago, George C said:

We loved Navigator, that was our first grand suite, love ice show and rest of entertainment, sailed her 3 times always in grand suite . 

I haven't sample them all but so far I think Navigator's ice show is the best!

• Like 1