Canned Water

Michelle82

5 hours ago, Michelle82 said:

Taking our first HAL cruise soon.  Could someone tell me how much a can of water cost on the ship?  What is the size (1/2 liter)?  Does the can have a screw top so that it can be reclosed?

Thank You!

Yes it does have a screw top.

20230813_002444.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, crystalspin said:

When we were on the K'dam last January, the cans were 12oz (or appeared to be) and were pop-top with no re-sealing. We will be taking personal bottles to pour them into for convenience, esp. for excursions!

Same here, on Eurodam this winter. Very annoying on an excursion because you can't reseal it. 

20 hours ago, Michelle82 said:

Could someone tell me how much a can of water cost on the ship?

Not sure of the price for the can but we enjoy the "fare included" free tap water......lots of ice and water in lido 24/7....room attendant keeps the ice bucket full in the room....and water is served w/dinner int the MDR.

• Like 3

Thank You everyone for all your help,   

I know the tap water on the ship is fine to drink, however it still has salt in it.   Even though it has gone thru the process to take the salt out.  My ankles/feet swell up so 4 different ship doctors told me to stop drinking the tap water.   My swelling went away after I stopped.  My husband drinks the tap water with no issues.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Aqua Panna spring water liter bottle is available for purchase.   We always drink Aqua Panna or other spring water.   It is a splurge(?) for us but we do not drink alcohol.   One of us is going to be 100 in October 2024 why not treat ourselves.

The canned water is purified water.  We do not drink purified water if we can help it.   Read the label before buying!

Peter

23 minutes ago, SFO Peter said:

Aqua Panna spring water liter bottle is available for purchase.   We always drink Aqua Panna or other spring water.   It is a splurge(?) for us but we do not drink alcohol.   One of us is going to be 100 in October 2024 why not treat ourselves.

The canned water is purified water.  We do not drink purified water if we can help it.   Read the label before buying!

Peter

Congrats on the Milestone - early happy birthday!!

8 hours ago, SFO Peter said:

Peter

A very happy birthday to Harry 🥂 

IMG_9956.gif.ddc2c1b37398e153d33cbf183a7e5511.gif

25 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

I am surprised that they sell canned water, not exactly good for you, bottled is much better.

I believe it is because metal is somewhat more biodegradable, taking decades to break down versus plastic which takes hundreds of years. Apparently massive amounts of tiny plastic bits now are found in the world’s oceans, releasing toxic chemicals and killing sea creatures that ingest the bits.

Other cruise lines now do the same. Celebrity Cruises began using metal water cans around 2019, as I recall. 

I don’t like the mouth feeling of drinking water from a metal can so I just refill my own bottle from the tap as usual.

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 1