Dining question

redwell

10 minutes ago, redwell said:

I've just booked a cruise next year on apex we have chosen early dining can we dine in all four dining rooms or do we have to be on anytime dining

We like to eat early then go to early theatre

Show 

On the Beyond, it was Anytime dining.  We were told to show up when we wanted to have dinner.  You can alternate dining rooms to experience different decors.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, redwell said:

I've just booked a cruise next year on apex we have chosen early dining can we dine in all four dining rooms or do we have to be on anytime dining

We like to eat early then go to early theatre

Show 

If you selected Early (traditional) dining, it is my understanding that you will need to go to the same dining room each night.

If you want to experience all 4 dining rooms, you will need to book “Select” dining.  But you will maybe not get same times each night and some times could be later

12 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

If you selected Early (traditional) dining, it is my understanding that you will need to go to the same dining room each night.

If you want to experience all 4 dining rooms, you will need to book “Select” dining.  But you will maybe not get same times each night and some times could be later

There is no traditional set dining on the E class ships any longer, however reservation systems has not been changed so passengers book thinking have a set time but they don’t. 

they have made it more like a food court..pick your choice and line up.. we go early so hope that works out when we cruise on APEX . We prefer the 2 smaller dining rms

next up for us will be BLU on ASCENT so not anticipating issues..although many were abandoning Luminae on BEYOND...

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

There is no traditional set dining on the E class ships any longer, however reservation systems has not been changed so passengers book thinking have a set time but they don’t. 

That’s interesting to know.  I just checked a future booking and it does give me 3 choices;  Early at 6pm, Late at 8pm or Select (Anytime)

I booked Apex for next year and was told by telephone with Celebrity if I went for set late dining I could go where I liked at that time. 

I felt that this would be chaos so decided to change to anytime dining and reserve the restaurants of our choice.

There are 3 choices for dining-early, late or select (anytime). If you have select you can make advance reservations in each of the 4 MDR's online under dining. I was told that they do try and push people toward early seating or late seating, but I just booked dining for all nights for my Apex 9/24 cruise and most time slots were wide open with lots of choices for dining time.

However I had not known about this until a few months ago for my 9/23 Beyond cruise-- and there were far fewer options when I booked each night there. 

55 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Equinox in Jan 2024

The two seatings have been eliminated on the Edge-class ships but not on the computer system. Equinox is a Solstice-class and should still have two seatings in addition to open.

Edited by hrhdhd

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

That’s interesting to know.  I just checked a future booking and it does give me 3 choices;  Early at 6pm, Late at 8pm or Select (Anytime)

S and M class ships still offer set Early and Late.   It is just the Edge class ships that are all anytime, although the system hasn’t been corrected to remove set time Early/Late option.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Thanks for this , we have experienced much confusion with this issue.

10 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

We had a 6 pm reservation on our last cruise for the entirety, when we arrived in our cabin there was a card on the bed saying our dining time would be at 8:30 every night.

After much hoopla with the maitre d , by the third night we had a table for the duration at 6 pm.

It was quite annoying to say the least.

9 minutes ago, horseymike said:

We had a 6 pm reservation on our last cruise for the entirety, when we arrived in our cabin there was a card on the bed saying our dining time would be at 8:30 every night.

After much hoopla with the maitre d , by the third night we had a table for the duration at 6 pm.

It was quite annoying to say the least.

That would be very frustrating, especially as you had 6pm booked in advance