Pinnacle $25.00 voucher

jamon

1 hour ago, jamon said:

Does anyone have any info whether this Pinnacle benefit is still being given?????

It was in July. However, it was not listed anywhere in the pinnacle letter that we received in our stateroom. We only confirmed its continued existence by having one of the bartenders print out the list of benefits that were loaded on our sea pass cards.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, KelJ said:

What is a pinnacle voucher?

$25 voucher given to a pinnacle member on ships with Coastal Kitchen to compensate for not being able to get a dinner reservation every night at coastal kitchen. On some ships/sailings, Pinnacles are limited to just two dinner reservations per cruise.

m

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

$25 voucher given to a pinnacle member on ships with Coastal Kitchen to compensate for not being able to get a dinner reservation every night at coastal kitchen. On some ships/sailings, Pinnacles are limited to just two dinner reservations per cruise.

m

Thanks for your explanation. Is this a one time voucher for the entire cruise?

46 minutes ago, Driftwoodgal said:

Thanks for your explanation. Is this a one time voucher for the entire cruise?

One time  use - per Pinnacle per qualified cruise.  Specific ships only and certain limitations such as not combinable with BOGO. 

M

13 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Interesting.  I'm a Pinnacle member too and I've never heard of this; granted I've only held this status for about 12 months now.  Thank you.

It was first enacted during the initial restart when Pinnacle members were barred from the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  It was a temporary measure to compensate for losing CK access.  

Like many things Royal in practice it varied in implementation by ship.  Some ships that don't have a CK offered it during the restart.  Other's didn't.  Once CK access was restored as the restart progressed it began to disappear from the welcome letter.  Yet in the time honored tradition of Royal Caribbean International consistency, not all ships removed the $25 voucher in the same manner. 

I was eating at Johnny Rockets on Adventure.   I had some OBC to use up so I splurged on that occasion.  When it came time to settle the bill the server asked if I wanted to use my Pinnacle voucher.  "Sure, why not?".  Adventure doesn't have a CK yet this ship covered my JR lunch with the voucher I wasn't expecting and didn't ask for.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Interesting.  I'm a Pinnacle member too and I've never heard of this; granted I've only held this status for about 12 months now.  Thank you.

The information should be in the welcome letter that you receive in the cabin. It is generally in one of the paragraphs rather than included in the list of benefits. Perhaps someone on this thread, has a copy of the letter. I do not. 

m

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It was first enacted during the initial restart when Pinnacle members were barred from the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  It was a temporary measure to compensate for losing CK access.  

Like many things Royal in practice it varied in implementation by ship.  Some ships that don't have a CK offered it during the restart.  Other's didn't.  Once CK access was restored as the restart progressed it began to disappear from the welcome letter.  Yet in the time honored tradition of Royal Caribbean International consistency, not all ships removed the $25 voucher in the same manner. 

I was eating at Johnny Rockets on Adventure.   I had some OBC to use up so I splurged on that occasion.  When it came time to settle the bill the server asked if I wanted to use my Pinnacle voucher.  "Sure, why not?".  Adventure doesn't have a CK yet this ship covered my JR lunch with the voucher I wasn't expecting and didn't ask for.  🤷‍♂️

You were quite lucky. I’ve been on dozens of non-CK ships since the start and I have never heard anything nor been offered to use the $25 voucher on any non CK ship. Perhaps you had a wait staff that used to work on an oasis class ship. I don’t know how they would have charged it since it wouldn’t have been on your benefits list, but glad it worked out.
m

10 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I’ve been on dozens of non-CK ships since the start and I have never heard anything nor been offered to use the $25 voucher on any non CK ship.

On your next sailing on a non-CK ship, ask a bartender to print out the perks on your account.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

You were quite lucky. I’ve been on dozens of non-CK ships since the start and I have never heard anything nor been offered to use the $25 voucher on any non CK ship. Perhaps you had a wait staff that used to work on an oasis class ship. I don’t know how they would have charged it since it wouldn’t have been on your benefits list, but glad it worked out.
m

I got it on the Indy earlier this year.  Ate at Playmakers and the bartender asked if I wanted to use my $25 food voucher.  Of course I said OK.  Then I went back and had a second meal using the remainder of it

• Like 1

m

As far as I was told it only applies to ships that have coastal kitchens 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I got it on the Indy earlier this year.  Ate at Playmakers and the bartender asked if I wanted to use my $25 food voucher.  Of course I said OK.  Then I went back and had a second meal using the remainder of it

Of course, there is inconsistent consistency.  Crazy, right?   We’ve been pins 5+ years and in May on our Ovation Alaska cruise the Loyalty Ambassador told us we could no longer use our $25 vouchers at their Pub for our usual pub burger meal. We have often enjoyed a burger there in the past as well as Playmakers.  He told us the terms of the vouchers have changed to only include specialty restaurants.  We thought…chicken excrement!   Makes you wonder where those terms are available to read.  🙄

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

Of course, there is inconsistent consistency.  Crazy, right?   We’ve been pins 5+ years and in May on our Ovation Alaska cruise the Loyalty Ambassador told us we could no longer use our $25 vouchers at their Pub for our usual pub burger meal. We have often enjoyed a burger there in the past as well as Playmakers.  He told us the terms of the vouchers have changed to only include specialty restaurants.  We thought…chicken excrement!   Makes you wonder where those terms are available to read.  🙄

It is frustrating that crown and anchor guests are given a perk with so many limitations attached.  

M

• Like 1