Is anyone on a cruise in a Sky Suite that can comment about the changes instead of speculating.

aml3679

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Maybe all the people who don’t want a butler could tell Celebrity.   And the people who do want one can let them know.

I agree and they should happy that you have volunteered to manage and keep track and verify that each and every person got that they requested. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

Having sailed suites on a number of lines now, there's also this particular trend that bugs me: people online asking what 'extra' things they should ask their (butler/concierge/rock star agent) for. And the corollary, people bragging about all the extra things they got their butler to do. (I remember this a lot when I was reading DCL forums.) "Most people don't know this, but your concierge will get in a helicopter and fly back to the mainland and bring you McDonald's if you want. Most people don't know this, but your concierge may surprise you with a visit from all the Disney Princesses for your kids." 

Then people who previously didn't care about a McDonald's Life Flight or Disney Princesses feel cheated if they don't get those things ... because someone else claimed to have them. 

(And the people saying "What should I ask my butler for?" ... I guess don't feel like they're getting their money's worth if they don't send the butler off on some weird towel animal/random entree collection errand.)  

Since you quoted me and I am not sure how to read your post but think you are in agreement. I just want to be clear. We don't want a butler, never did, never will (no matter which travel venue). We had minimal cabin 'support' in our Oct. Sky Suite (definitely no butler and minimal contact with cabin attendant) and everything was good. Reading wailing about 'no butler' policy and just today receiving an e-mail from X regarding the butler services for an upcoming Ascent cruise I confess to being thoroughly confused.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

Since you quoted me and I am not sure how to read your post but think you are in agreement. I just want to be clear. We don't want a butler, never did, never will (no matter which travel venue). We had minimal cabin 'support' in our Oct. Sky Suite (definitely no butler and minimal contact with cabin attendant) and everything was good. Reading wailing about 'no butler' policy and just today receiving an e-mail from X regarding the butler services for an upcoming Ascent cruise I confess to being thoroughly confused.

Sorry, I was just using the quoted part as a jumping-off point for some thoughts I had, about how people who expect and post about unlisted 'extras'--and then cause everyone else online to expect those extras--create even more confusion about the service people expect in higher-level suites. (Across all lines.) 

(I don't like overly attentive service either--at most I appreciate someone who can get me some extra reservations if needed.) 

Edited by AlyssaJames
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I agree and they should happy that you have volunteered to manage and keep track and verify that each and every person got that they requested. 

I live to serve….. the passengers in the UPPER suites.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

reality today

Those who wanted, expected and paid for a BUTLER will have to suffer without one.   It is unfair, but that's  how it is for now.   Current X  spin makes that clear.

.Registering complaints should continue..maybe they will reverse course, but unlikely.  This is more than Cookies!  Over the years most of the BIG changes that made folks unhappy have remained in place. Only the Zeniths have recently  been somewhat successful.

Reality is that for future cruises customers will have to  pay more upper suites....for what used to be included in Sky Suite

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

Sorry, I was just using the quoted part as a jumping-off point for some thoughts I had, about how people who expect and post about unlisted 'extras'--and then cause everyone else online to expect those extras--create even more confusion about the service people expect in higher-level suites. (Across all lines.) 

(I don't like overly attentive service either--at most I appreciate someone who can get me some extra reservations if needed.) 

Thanks for responding and clarifying. Sounds as if we are on the same page. I remember years ago on NCL complaints that when a butler delivered an  in-cabin dinner he did not stand by and serve each course separately.  Certainly the cruise lines are in part to blame for all the expectations they create.

Happy cruising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

reality today

Those who wanted, expected and paid for a BUTLER will have to suffer without one.   It is unfair, but that's  how it is for now.   Current X  spin makes that clear.

.Registering complaints should continue..maybe they will reverse course, but unlikely.  This is more than Cookies!  Over the years most of the BIG changes that made folks unhappy have remained in place. Only the Zeniths have recently  been somewhat successful.

Reality is that for future cruises customers will have to  pay more upper suites....for what used to be included in Sky Suite

Considering the price we booked a Sky Suite for over a year ago, and at that time included a Butler and now does not, we should be sailing in a CS.

It's not just upper suites that have been affected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/22/2023 at 10:45 AM, jelayne said:

In reading the reports from SS guests on different ships it seems that guests on the S class with 44 Sky Suites and and M class with 32 SS are experiencing more interaction and better service from the Head Butler and Concierges. 

The E class ships have between 146-162 Sky Suites, with 1 Head Butler it is not surprising that many only see them once a cruise and that there are lines to speak to a Concierge.  
We board the Edge in a week, lowering my already lower expectations.

We were just on the equinox and saw the butler twice (first time we didn’t know who he was) . The retreat concierges never knew our names but were friendly . The retreat manager hardly spoke to any of the guests.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Considering the price we booked a Sky Suite for over a year ago, and at that time included a Butler and now does not, we should be sailing in a CS.

It's not just upper suites that have been affected.

i agree but hope you do not let it ruin the cruise..or maybe cancel??

Yes to slippers and tote bags. Our cabin attendant (I refuse to use the term "Retreat Host")kept two large bottles of water (or 4 small) every day without my asking. So no schlepping water from the lounge except for my occasional San Pelligreno.  We were on EQ for a total of 20 nights and never saw nor heard from a Head Butler.  

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, 39august said:

Yes to slippers and tote bags. Our cabin attendant (I refuse to use the term "Retreat Host")kept two large bottles of water (or 4 small) every day without my asking. So no schlepping water from the lounge except for my occasional San Pelligreno.  We were on EQ for a total of 20 nights and never saw nor heard from a Head Butler.  

When was this? Did you see the retreat manager ? Any other butlers ?

This was Sept Oct. returning Oct. 14. Have no idea who the retreat manager was. Saw both Ian and Gazelle in the Retreat Lounge. As I reported earlier Ian was useless. Gazelle lovely, but I asked very little of her. I found her very hard to understand. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

i agree but hope you do not let it ruin the cruise..or maybe cancel??

Cancel a cruise..?! 😳 Heaven forfend! 😁

I was just trying to convey that we didn’t need a Butler but we were paying for one regardless.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

I would cancel our SS cruise if I hadn’t chosen a NR deposit back when I was told I had a butler.

Is this the worst thing in the world?  No.  Going to the dentist is the worst thing in the world.

You can make fun of us in SS but let’s wait until something you care about is taken away.  Without a refund.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I would cancel our SS cruise if I hadn’t chosen a NR deposit back when I was told I had a butler.

Is this the worst thing in the world?  No.  Going to the dentist is the worst thing in the world.

You can make fun of us in SS but let’s wait until something you care about is taken away.  Without a refund.

People are giving you a hard time, but I understand your POV.  It is not about the butler.  

I am not okay with contracting with a business for certain goods and services and then having them taken away at a later time.   I expect to get what I pay for.  Nothing more and nothing less.   

Some things are included and paid for in the cruise rate that I do not partake in.   I am ok with subsidizing those things or experiences for other cruisers.   The big difference is that I make those choices.  

We cruised with Celebrity three times over the past year.   Twice on Solstice and once on Reflection.   The product is not the same.    I am a low-maintenance person and I was very disappointed in the changes.

After 20 years of cruising with Celebrity, I don't think we will be returning any time soon.   

We booked our upcoming December cruise with Azamara.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 39august said:

Thank you.  The fact that water is being provided is welcome news. 

If as @Rmoosh indicated there is no tote, I will ask them for one.  Got to have something to carry my soda’s and Vitamin Zero water back from the Retreat Lounge to the room. 

• Like 1

The comment about slippers got me thinking:

Just wondering if I purchase my slippers and robe before I board, do you think I will get them?  Only certain cruises have this available to purchase...

A.  You might get your slippers.

B.  You might get your robe.

C.  You will not get either.

D.  Just wait and see, or ask your butler if he/she makes an appearance.

E.  Bring your own and maybe the airline will not loose your luggage.

F.  Do not bother purchasing because you will not get either, or your money back.

G. Get your room steward to try and locate at least a right or left foot slipper.

H.  Book a cabin instead of a suite and don’t worry about anything; go home with a lot more $$$ having enjoyed your cruise by just doing everything for yourself.  Don’t sweat the small stuff because you paid much less than the SS’ people😜.  

Enjoy your cruise and don’t worry about a tip for your butler if you are in a suite because he/she will not worry about you!  If you don’t have a tote to carry water to your suite, use your rolling carry-on getting as many bottles as possible.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, hcat said:

reality today

Our reality is that after our already booked X voyages, we will move to other cruise lines to get the value for our $$ that X used to provide. Current Sky Suite prices are insane, CS and above are even more so. No thanks. 

I agree that those unhappy with the changes need to voice their opinion, regardless of how many deaf ears they may fall on.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:40 AM, patty1955 said:

The one time we booked a Sky Suite, the butler did nothing more than we normally receive in a Concierge room. We got afternoon snack and  that's it. We didn't know what service we could ask for and he didn't tell us. We were not impressed.

That was our experience as well.  We were in an accessible Sky Suite on Silhouette and my husband is in a manual wheelchair.  You would "think" that would be the perfect set up for a lot of Butler Use, but frankly anything we asked for (i.e. can we remove the chair that is in the way ) was met with a polite "no".  The butler knocked every day and asked if we would like afternoon canape's and most of the time we said "no".  The only time I can think of that we ever actually took advantage is the one time we had him serve breakfast on the balcony for us.  This meant we had to get up extra early (a no-no on a cruise as far as I am concerned) so DH could get dressed, something he wouldn't have done until after breakfast any other time.  We sat their awkwardly while the butler did his thing of setting things "just so" on our table and we dissolved into giggles after he left.  It was fun, but not something worth canceling a cruise over if we didn't have it.