Oasis Portside BBQ Price Increase

Just now, JessyCruises said:

Well that sucks.  We usually go there every cruise and share a 3 cut.

We do that too.  The first time we both got a 2 cut meal and couldn’t eat it all.

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Pretty big % increase. This was two sailings ago:

IMG_4502.jpeg

30-40% !!!!

An increase is not unexpected, but that percentage is crazy!

And before someone says that another $3-4 is not a lot on a multi thousand dollar cruise, that is not the point. 

mac_tlc

BBQ prices here in North Texas are up about 50% in the last 6-9 months

• Like 1

NCL has a for pay restaurant that has BBQ with a country band and is good.

I like Carnival’s free Guy’s as well but check out the cruise fares for the ships that have Guy’s and they are not very cheap.

Carnival fares are very tiered and higher than folks think. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Royal seems like they want us to forget that a lot of the food cost is already supplemented by our cruise fare.  They are pretty much at land prices now.  

That’s a hefty % increase

Pretty soon the only thing covered by your cruise fare will be the Miami salaries.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

This will baffle me til the day I die.

There are an infinite number of things that people spend their money on in everyday life that I never would but I don't judge them for it.

Yep, and I am one that will spend the money at least twice on a 7 day for Portside BBQ. Looking forward to Oasis again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATG said:

We do that too.  The first time we both got a 2 cut meal and couldn’t eat it all.

When we had the dining package on Oasis I learned the lesson I could not eat one by myself real fast lol

Edited by JessyCruises

On 8/22/2023 at 9:34 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

Should be included, like Guy's is on Carnival.

On 8/22/2023 at 5:30 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

NCL has a for pay restaurant that has BBQ with a country band and is good.

And if NCL's newest ship (Prima for sure, I assume also Viva) is any indication of direction, their BBQ place has been moved to the Indulge Food Hall and is now free. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 2:52 PM, PATRLR said:

And if NCL's newest ship (Prima for sure, I assume also Viva) is any indication of direction, their BBQ place has been moved to the Indulge Food Hall and is now free. 

sorry just go back from a trip, but if free on Prima then that will be interesting at best.

• Like 1

I understand prices have gone up around the world i get that, but cruising always used to be about great free food and service. 

Now you have to pay for any food other then cafeteria style food and on top of that another gratuitie (for taking order, getting it right, delivering it to the table) when your already paying Graturites......

I guess royal must have massive debt from a big fleet doing nothing over covid and building lots of big ships. 

On 9/16/2023 at 6:51 PM, txjim09 said:

Any good BBQ joint here is just as expensive.   The best ones are a lot higher

Yes, but on a cruise you've already supplemented a good amount of the food cost with your cruise fare.  Similar food on cruises should be lower than on land based locations.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Yes, but on a cruise you've already supplemented a good amount of the food cost with your cruise fare.  Similar food on cruises should be lower than on land based locations.

Agreed.

In theory, you've supplemented 3 full meals plus snacks in your cruise fare.  So, additional food should be incredibly work-intensive, severely supply-limited, and/or gourmet quality to be charged for.

None of those apply to BBQ in any form.

Edited by TwoMisfits

34 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Agreed.

In theory, you've supplemented 3 full meals plus snacks in your cruise fare.  So, additional food should be incredibly work-intensive, severely supply-limited, and/or gourmet quality to be charged for.

None of those apply to BBQ in any form.

Exactly! There is no excuse for charging money , especially when the main competitor, who is cheaper provides good bbq that is included in the fares. But RCI will continue to weaken the guest experience and will,continue to increase the prices to find the “ breakage point”. The thing is: WE The customers decide on that breaking point...same goes for Celebrity, another outfit that treats its non-suite guests with contempt, touting a “ luxury experience” while serving in the MDR Fast food like Fried Chicken and Spaghetti Bolo. ( we are elite + on X but decided to spend our Euro on Lines that DO treat all their customers as equals and with respect.)

• Like 2