No More Sky Suites - New Booking in Concierge Class

bnurick

With all the X changes we cannot book a Sky Suite at this time and have moved to Concierge Class and a-la-carte with no drink package. Just booked the Eclipse for September 2024 and after booking our specialty dining lineup, I will a-la-carte a portion of the $8,268 in savings as shown below.  Hopefully, X will over time justify the Sky Suite pricing.  Have 6 upcoming X cruises with 3 in Celebrity Suites, 1 in a Sky Suite and 2 in Concierge Class as of now.

Boston Cruise Savings.png

• Like 4

My limit on a sky suite is about $300 pp/pd and about $500 pp/pd for high end suites.   As you can see I won't be sailing in suites anymore.   Plus since I get drink package and wifi with my loyalty status I won't book AQ either as I just find it wrong to have to pay for something I get as a perk.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

I'm not clear on your title. Do you mean Celebrity has eliminated Sky Suites as a class or do you mean that you will no longer book sky suites? Actually, your plan is the exact one Hubby and I have followed for many years.

No longer book. Makes no arithmetic sense to me at this time. See you at a specialty restaurant sometime! :)

8 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

I'm not clear on your title. Do you mean Celebrity has eliminated Sky Suites as a class or do you mean that you will no longer book sky suites? Actually, your plan is the exact one Hubby and I have followed for many years.

Sky Suites still exist. They are apparently posting an announcement to demonstrate if they book a cheaper cabin, they can do other things with the money they would otherwise spend if they had booked a more expensive cabin. You can also book an inside cabin and save even more money. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, jwlane said:

Nice numbers, but to determine TRUE savings shouldn't the OBC/bev/tips/internet be accounted for?  To me this is 🍎 vs 🍊.  Also, "save" even more by ditching concierege for veranda.

Didn't have any OBC. But even, overall at the differential it’s materially the same result at over 2x.

2 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Didn't have any OBC. But even, overall at the differential it’s materially the same result at over 2x.

The 9/19 sailing date for a guaranty suite at the exact price you stated includes $800 OBC.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jwlane said:

The 9/19 sailing date for a guaranty suite at the exact price you stated includes $800 OBC.

And 11 nights in Luminae rather than 5 days in a specialty, no wi-fi or beverage package.   Wi-fi and beverage packages have no value if you drink only the included beverages or use wi-fi.  But if you want to see the true cost difference you either have to add premium wi-fi and beverage to the CC cost or back out theses and OBC from the suite.  

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

And 11 nights in Luminae rather than 5 days in a specialty, no wi-fi or beverage package.   Wi-fi and beverage packages have no value if you drink only the included beverages or use wi-fi.  But if you want to see the true cost difference you either have to add premium wi-fi and beverage to the CC cost or back out theses and OBC from the suite.  

Same as the 4 suites I already have booked. Elite Plus benefits factors too. We drink bottles of wine so the beverage packages don’t do much, it’s 20% off the list price. The WiFi is a real cost for us, we would buy two devices and we would not change the specialty dining. Usually on a 7 night, Luminae has about 3 dishes we look forward to.

The bottom line is the math is lopsided no matter these small differences.  Maybe I should price out the other 4 cruises now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jelayne said:

With our preferences it is 81.6% or $6,720 as we would still dine at the specialty dining we have booked, but for those that would eat at Luminae 11/11 nights I think this your view.

Boston Cruise Savings.png

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

My limit on a sky suite is about $300 pp/pd and about $500 pp/pd for high end suites.   As you can see I won't be sailing in suites anymore.   Plus since I get drink package and wifi with my loyalty status I won't book AQ either as I just find it wrong to have to pay for something I get as a perk.

Yup.  I have the same issues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I also get drink package and Wi-Fi with my loyalty status.  After cruising exclusively with Celebrity (in suites for the past 10 years or so) my next Celebrity cruise is in Concierge class (I have FCC that I want to use!!). I am also trying MSC Yacht Club next month so, who knows, MSC may be my preferred cruise line in the future.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yup.  I have the same issues.

Think there are more of us now.

15 minutes ago, jcpc said:

I also get drink package and Wi-Fi with my loyalty status.  After cruising exclusively with Celebrity (in suites for the past 10 years or so) my next Celebrity cruise is in Concierge class (I have FCC that I want to use!!). I am also trying MSC Yacht Club next month so, who knows, MSC may be my preferred cruise line in the future.

I read Generation X review of YC MSC. Very interesting option.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Ditto.  I have four cruises booked with X in 2024; two M-class dining in Luminae and two S-class (V2 & C2) dining in specialties.  Also have two cruises booked on premium lines.  Knock wood, I'll be keeping all four X cruises because there are friends involved.  However, earlier today, I put down a 15% deposit (refundable except for $100) on a Regent 2025 cruise.  I'm so disappointed in Celebrity management choices right now, perks or not, they're going to have to do a lot of backpedaling to (re)gain my future business.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, bnurick said:

Think there are more of us now.

I read Generation X review of YC MSC. Very interesting option.

Even prior to Generation X sailing and reviewing MSC, MSC was on my horizon.  My travel agent did an MSC Meraviglia sailing in January.  She quite honestly told me to "go for it" (and her commission is less with MSC than it is with Celebrity and she still recommended that I try MSC!)  and gave me her opinion of the pros and cons of Yacht Club vs. Retreat.  Additionally some of my longtime "Celebrity friends" have friends who have sailing MSC Yacht Club and they all say they love it.  (Outside of the Yacht Club is somewhat of a different story......it's kind of frenetic!)  Actually 4 of my longtime Celebrity friends are also sailing with me next month on Meraviglia.  Another huge plus.......saved tons of money over a Celebrity suite sailing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

With that $$ limit, I think they will let you stay onboard about 11 hours a day..🤣

mac_tlc

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I was successful doing longer Caribbean sailings at that rate until early last year.

I just looked back and 5 of our 6 Sky Suite cruises on Edge/Apex/Beyond since the restart were $380pppd or less. Our Ascent cruise in January is around $365. 

Since we are not Z, that's an acceptable price to us. But at $500-$650 pppd, it's too high for us. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcpc said:

MSC Yacht Club is great.  The problem is the itineraries out of Florida.  All 7-night, same, same.

• Like 3

Our 8 nt. Caribbean cruise next month cost 212.50 pppn, Aqua class with all inclusions and SBC. I booked thru a large online agency who had a great deal. Added Premium beverage package for additional 180.00 for both of us. Before I book I wait for sales. Booked on Azamara for a Japan intensive cruise. A great sale again which included Air, transfer, 4 nights hotels. Approximately 320 Pppn. 

15 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

MSC Yacht Club is great.  The problem is the itineraries out of Florida.  All 7-night, same, same.

Well I’m thrilled that they sail out of New York year round as I live within driving distance to NYC.  Itinerary doesn’t concern me as the ship is my destination not the ports as I’ve been to all Caribbean ports multiple times!

8 hours ago, jwlane said:

Nice numbers, but to determine TRUE savings shouldn't the OBC/bev/tips/internet be accounted for?  To me this is 🍎 vs 🍊.  Also, "save" even more by ditching concierege for veranda.

No doubt!  We had a great experience in a veranda stateroom category. Our first non suite experience On celebrity and I was pretty delighted with our vacation. One of the suite perks we’ve enjoyed in the past is priority embarkation. It felt like we were boarding earlier than others, thus making the most of our first day. Call me gobsmacked when we walked right up, checked in and boarded in the same, or dare I say faster amount of time than our most recent suite cruise. 

All that to say, the suite perks were so hyped that I had myself convinced that a cruise could only be good if we were in the Retreat. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches