Elite perks

Elevatorman

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Does any Elite member know when the 10% shore excursion discount actually gets posted to your account? For example, will the discount for all of the booked excursions  be posted to the account at the beginning of the cruise or once you actually go on the cruise?

We were on the Sky in June/July as a B2B2B.  On our 2nd cruise we had 3 excursions that posted to our statement on the first day (17 June).  The 10% excursion credit for those 3 excursions were posted right after the  excursions.  For each cruise, the credits (MOBC, SOBCC, etc) were the first items listed on the statement   and then the excursions and 10% discount were listed next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We haven't even tried ordering the Canapés from the Elite benefit as everything I've read said they are "disgusting". Chocolate covered strawberries would be great but we really don't want some smelly fishy odor delivered to the cabin and hate to order something we might well toss as inedible.

• Like 2

Chacun son gout. These are the new canapes. Sorry, I didn't take a photo of the list/order. I enjoyed them, they are different. That said, presentation could be improved...

I recall one was beef with some horseradish, one was tuna tataki, another was smoked salmon and ??? Sorry, that's all I've got for you!

Crown, August 2023. Last sailing before the new roll out. 

IMG_0419.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have to wonder how many people actually use the "shoe polishing" perk. I'm sure some do but can't imagine it's widely used. Perhaps I should give it a try.

When you live on a farm, the shoe polishing benefit is almost as helpful as the free laundry. I was looking at my shoes just today and thinking how nice it will be to have them polished when we are on Ruby Princess this fall.

• Like 1

These are not part of the Elite perks, but on August 10th or so, here's what I had for tapas at Vines on Crown. Added to my good time there, thanks to Ronnie and Cami. I was looked after very well there.

I know...things will be different going forward. However, I still enjoy cruising with Princess. It's the brand that I know and love. I do not see myself as one who is "complaining" about the changes. Just here to learn and to inform others about what is happening, from my first hand experience. Hope you see it that way, as that is my intention. Sharing, as so many others have too.

Thanks to all!

IMG_0420.JPG

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

My favorite elite perks that I use on every cruise have a red star:

20230823_165115.thumb.jpg.ce75360d809912af937e530e9cd421ac.jpg

Caveat: disembarkation tours are never discounted. Its been explained to me that they are primarily viewed as a transfer. Not an excursion.  And those are the only ones I normally do

Not directed at you, but that starred priority disembarkation is not much of a benefit because any guest can priority disembark by electing early walk-off.  Indeed, if not picking up a bag in the terminal, a guest can leave the ship as soon as they open the gangway.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not directed at you, but that starred priority disembarkation is not much of a benefit because any guest can priority disembark by electing early walk-off.  Indeed, if not picking up a bag in the terminal, a guest can leave the ship as soon as they open the gangway.

Yes but not everyone gets into priority disembarkation lounge and then walked to the front of the line when they're number to get off is called. Just Elite & Suite. I see everyone else queuing around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes but not everyone gets into priority disembarkation lounge and then walked to the front of the line when they're number to get off is called. Just Elite & Suite. I see everyone else queuing around. 

We just get off when it suits us, never bothered with the times given. No one checks anyway 

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have to wonder how many people actually use the "shoe polishing" perk. I'm sure some do but can't imagine it's widely used. Perhaps I should give it a try.

I'd be interested if anyone had ever used it.

Tom

Edited by trbarton

12 minutes ago, antsp said:

We just get off when it suits us, never bothered with the times given. No one checks anyway 

Yeah, everyone will be off by 10.  There's no way I would've stood in those lines. I'd just wait until it died down.

But we're all different. 

• Like 1

If we are doing walk off it, means we are either driving home or need to be at the airport early.  Do not use the elite lounge in that case.  We find the exit, get in line early and off the ship maybe 10 minutes later.  Was surprised that our cruise out of Southampton this past June/July did not use the silent disembarkation like Fort Lauderdale.  There was the Elite Lounge but everyone was milling all around the deck that we were exiting waiting for their color number to be called.  Line did move faster than I thought they would.

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Retired from USAF 1978, 45 years ago. Totally retired Y2K.

Now we cruise about 10 times a year. So, now active USN.  LOL

Happy Cruising! 

Since Princess is owned by CCL and the company if registered in Panama and England more like Panamian or British Navy.

42 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I had no idea you could substitute for chocolate covered strawberries.  Will ask for this on my next cruise.

Varies by ship. Once hand made truffles instead. No way will I let those things that CruzeQueen2 posted in the room. I write that I'm vegetarian and then just see what comes 

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

DH has utilized the service.   Great job.

11 minutes ago, MrSchwump said:

I could use the complimentary laundry, maybe the shore excursion thing but that’s about it. 
it doesn’t seem like Princess is being very imaginative when it comes to rewarding loyalty. 

When compared to other cruise line upper level loyalty perks like Celebrity (Elite+), NCL (Sapphire), and HAL (4 star), they’re not too bad.

BTW the ability to also see new itineraries at least a day before everyone else is also a pretty cool perk if you like to book early.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Ken the cruiser I'm going to have to ask how to see the cruises a day b4 non-elite

My understanding is it’s the first Elite perk mentioned regarding “early access to new itineraries”. But my understanding is that you have to be logged onto your Princess account to see them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwattle said:
9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Ken the cruiser I'm going to have to ask how to see the cruises a day b4 non-elite

You just go online the day before the general release, sign in , and you're able to see the pricing

Umm my problem is that I don't know when they are going to be released unless I catch it on cruise critic. So I guess I need to reach out to my CVP and ask why. I have several ports in my bucket list (1/2 the time I cruise for the itineraries and 1/2 the time for the ship, although I almost always get off)

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My understanding is it’s the first Elite perk mentioned regarding “early access to new itineraries”. But my understanding is that you have to be logged onto your Princess account to see them.

Got it. I don't log into Princess everyday

• Like 1