LIBERTY ots. Breakfast in Chops. Good ?

33 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Basic breakfast, but at least it’s custom made to order and hasn’t been sitting under a heat lamp for 20 minutes like the MDR. 
Much more pleasant atmosphere.  

That sounds like a real plus. 

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

In the old days, it was also available for D and D+.😇

Must be real old, we turned D+ just before they changed C&A to days.

First time on Oasis, it was served in the CL.

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

In the old days, it was also available for D and D+.😇

I recall a diamond and up (there was no P category) section of the MDR for breakfast.  Same menu but quieter and often better service.   I never recall a D breakfast in any specialty restaurant.  We hit  D around 2005 so maybe it was prior to then.  

I also recall  D+ were sometimes allowed in the specialty breakfast restaurant but we're talking back in 2007 . I think it was the discretion of the HD.

Scarry thought - one day we'll look back  at today and call this the "good old days"

M

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I recall a diamond and up (there was no P category) section of the MDR for breakfast.  Same menu but quieter and often better service. 

Yeah, I liked the pre-COVID Diamond section for MDR breakfast.  It's probably not practical with the current number of Diamonds, but it would be nice to resume it for D+, or at least D++ (D+ 340).

Edited by Another_Critic

Just now, Another_Critic said:

Yeah, I liked the pre-COVID Diamond section for MDR breakfast.  It's probably not practical with the current number of Diamonds, but it would be nice to resume it for D+.

Pre covid, or YEARS ago?  I haven't been aware of a D/D+ section  for at least 10 years. The best perk of the section was that specialty coffees were served ( complimentary) as opposed to paying in the regular section .  This is WAY before daily vouchers.   

M

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Pre covid, or YEARS ago?  I haven't been aware of a D/D+ section  for at least 10 years. The best perk of the section was that specialty coffees were served ( complimentary) as opposed to paying in the regular section .  This is WAY before daily vouchers.   

M

They had the Diamond section on Grandeur on my last sailing before shutdown (Feb 20-28, 2020).  And yes, I enjoyed the complimentary specialty coffees.

P.S.  They had the 3 vouchers valid for select drinks during happy hour.

Edited by Another_Critic

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You can blame it on the service dog!

M

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

They had the Diamond section on Grandeur on my last sailing before shutdown (Feb 20-28, 2020).  And yes, I enjoyed the complimentary specialty coffees.

My service animal is a pig.

ok okay !!!   It’s bacon

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

As an aside, breakfast in Chops on Adventure kind of stinks because the location of Chops doesn't have windows

Adventure serves breakfast in Giovanni's, to the left of WJ. It's nice.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Thanks - interesting to learn that. We were not aware of that at all.  We are eligible for specialty restaurant breakfast, but used the MDR upon occasion.  

Yes , I recall those  happy hour vouchers (A nice treat) , but I was referring to the daily/all day/anywhere vouchers, as I often use one for specialty coffee.  

M