What is the next Celebrity cut?

NMTraveller

Sea pass will scan for elevator access at $2. Plus gratuity with each use.  Using the stairs and avoiding cookie fee will result in my dropping a dress size on our upcoming transatlantic. 
Time to go back to Princess for my daily warm cookies 24/7 at the Atrium cafe, free too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All I know is one thing, that we pay automatic gratuities of 36 dollars a day per couple, the 20% added service charges on just about anything you purchase except in the shops is just plain and simple gouging. I’m surprised there’s not a 20% service charge on the gratuities. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

All I know is one thing, that we pay automatic gratuities of 36 dollars a day per couple, the 20% added service charges on just about anything you purchase except in the shops is just plain and simple gouging. I’m surprised there’s not a 20% service charge on the gratuities. 

Do what we do.

Cancel the automatic gratuities and instead apply the sum pp that you consider to be most suitable.

That is, after all, the very definition of a gratuity.

In our case it matches the on-board credit.

That way the staff get their salaries paid by the company and not through guest tips.

Kerching.

Simple.👍

Edited by Baggy178
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

Do what we do.

Cancel the automatic gratuities and instead apply the sum pp that you consider to be most suitable.

That is, after all, the very definition of a gratuity.

In our case it matches the on-board credit.

That way the staff get their salaries paid by the company and not through guest tips.

Kerching.

Simple.👍

I wanted to add that if you order an up charge meal in the MDR like 16.95 for lobster they add a 20% service charge, your server is already receiving part of the automatic gratuities so why the service charge, I refuse to believe that the lines are passing on the service charge to the crew, maybe I’m wrong but just the way I feel. Another way to combat this is go to guest services and reduce the automatic gratuity by 20%, we aren’t grinches, we tip at least 20% in our local restaurants and always tip extra to our waiters and cabins stewards on the ship  but that 20% service charge just leaves a bad taste in our mouths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

In the next 5 years, I fully expect some cruise line to do a trial of making the MDR have a cover charge per person and transition to having the buffet be the complimentary dinner option. 

That is my absolute no go no matter the price of the cruise. I really don’t like buffets and the MDR is non negotiable for me.

• Like 1