Wifi Pricing without HIA

Desert Cruisers

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Don't credit me -- it was @Haljo1935 that found the information. I just rotated and split the file into two pics (using IrfanView, handy program), which enlarges them for readability on CC.

I am one-step-forward-two-steps-back tonight. It was not Haljo that found the info (although she is on or just off a BHB!), it is @zelker who gets the credit! 

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

Question?   My wife and I have a 25 night cruise booked.   Price for premium internet pre cruise is $291.99 for one device or 459.99 for multi devices.   

the details for the multi device says:

” The plan can be activated on up to 4 devices at a time, but all must be using the same Navigator credentials, 

So if we both want to have internet access at the same time, do we each purchase the $291.99 or does one of us purchase the $459.99 plan?   I didn't know what “ but all must be using the same Navigator credentials” meant.

Thanks

1 hour ago, retird said:

Question?   My wife and I have a 25 night cruise booked.   Price for premium internet pre cruise is $291.99 for one device or 459.99 for multi devices.   

the details for the multi device says:

” The plan can be activated on up to 4 devices at a time, but all must be using the same Navigator credentials, 

So if we both want to have internet access at the same time, do we each purchase the $291.99 or does one of us purchase the $459.99 plan?   I didn't know what “ but all must be using the same Navigator credentials” meant.

Thanks

You must both sign into Navigator using the username / password of the person who purchased the package in order to share it.

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

You must both sign into Navigator using the username / password of the person who purchased the package in order to share it.

Yes I understand that but what I’m asking is if I purchase the multi device plan, can my wife be signed on her Ipad at the same time that I am signed in on my Ipad? Or do we both have to buy the $291.99 plan to do that? 

35 minutes ago, retird said:

Yes I understand that but what I’m asking is if I purchase the multi device plan, can my wife be signed on her Ipad at the same time that I am signed in on my Ipad? Or do we both have to buy the $291.99 plan to do that? 

If you have the multi device plan up to 4 devices can be signed into the internet at the same time under the same credentials. If you have the single device package, one device at a time can use the internet, but many devices can be logged into the Navigator account. Right now I have the single plan with three devices logged into Navigator, but only one has the internet enabled.

1 hour ago, retird said:

What is it you want to do? 

If you just want to each check email (or social sites including Cruise Critic) at sometime in the day -- a one-device plan will do. When the second device logs on as the first person, it will kick the first one off without warning (!). If you want to be on line at the same time, the multi device is the better price than two singles, saying you over $100. But that person's device must log on to the other person's Navigator (Navigator is the gateway to the wifi, as I understand it).

Did that help?

We like the Muti device plan so we can each have our iPhones and iPads connected all the time. Easier to transfer pictures from one device to the other since all are connected. Doesn't cause any issues with Navigator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

What is it you want to do? 

If you just want to each check email (or social sites including Cruise Critic) at sometime in the day -- a one-device plan will do. When the second device logs on as the first person, it will kick the first one off without warning (!). If you want to be on line at the same time, the multi device is the better price than two singles, saying you over $100. But that person's device must log on to the other person's Navigator (Navigator is the gateway to the wifi, as I understand it).

Did that help?

Thank you that answers my question

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:51 AM, crystalspin said:

I am one-step-forward-two-steps-back tonight. It was not Haljo that found the info (although she is on or just off a BHB!), it is @zelker who gets the credit! 

Correct - it wasn't me, but you know I will help when I can 😊 

Thanks @zelker for getting the info, thanks @Crew News and @richwmn for doing the heavy lifting and thanks @crystalspin for herding the cats. It does take a village to keep these ships afloat!!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

Generally speaking, does anyone know if the 20% off premium package continues to be offered  til just before the voyage ? 

It was this month when I was on K'dam - the cut off to pre-purchase is 3 or 4 days prior to sailing. 

• Thanks 1

I don't want to take the discussion in a different direction, but I just wanted to mention another possible option for anyone that might want talk and text instead of an internet package.  We have used Cellular at Sea a number of times, but most recently on our 31 day South America trip.  We purchased Cellular at Sea through our mobile ATT plan.  It cost $100 per month for talk, text and a tiny bit of data.  We did NOT opt for data or the land portion.  

This has saved us a few times.  But, most recently we had a major snowstorm that knocked out power for a few days, caused a lock out on our boiler (heating) and a few other problems.  Friends and neighbors told us about the storm, and we were able to instruct them on turning on the generator, and fixing the boiler lockout.  Also, it was nice to talk to our kids when we were out at sea.  On the long transatlantic sea days we will also do this.    

As I said, this is just another option in case people are only interested in that type of access.  Maybe there are other standard plans that people have through their mobile contracts that I'm not aware of.  I just wanted to mention it. 

• Like 1

We like being connected while onboard and HAL’s net was absolutely impressive, compared the speeds and price we’ve paid on Celebrity and RCCL.  We did the upgrade which was 50 dollars each.  I was able to FaceTime my friend and son.  It really was blazing fast!  I put a video up on Facebook and it took no time at all to upload.  Adding a picture of the speeds midday outside at the pool deck.  My oldest son works for Cisco and is a huge fan of Elon Musk/Starlink/Space X/Tesla and was so amazed at the speeds (he and his wife also cruise!) that he wanted to share them with the Starlink group he belongs to.  My hubby and I thought it was great!

IMG_7801.png

We will be boarding the Koningsdam soon for an 18-day Hawaii cruise. We have a lot of OBC which I might use to purchase an internet plan. Using the tables from above, I calculated the cost per day of the Surf plan (for the first 20 days) just out of curiosity since I might wait a day or two before buying the package:

image.png.74efaae51c2ceb2647aa73c0bee9a47d.png

• Like 1

You can buy full-cruise, or remainder of cruise. So for a 7-day Mexican, I used an $8 e-sim on my phone for Mexico ports, and then on the 2 sea days home I bought the surf package for the remainder of the cruise for $34, I think. On the good side, it was very fast and much better than the by-the-minute show internet HAL used to have, which also had serious adult site filters. 

There's no discount for internet, unless you're 5-star. I really like the half-off internet I get at the Elite tier on Princess, and they don't have multiple speeds/access to encourage you to upgrade, everybody gets the same internet. 

This will be our first HAL cruise, normally we are on Celebrity but we found a great itinerary.

What is the cost to upgrade the all included surf plan to premium?

Can I upgrade prior to the cruise?

Has anyone used TEAMS with the premium internet? (I do have to work a few days)

Thank you

1 hour ago, Konasteve said:

This will be our first HAL cruise, normally we are on Celebrity but we found a great itinerary.

What is the cost to upgrade the all included surf plan to premium?

Can I upgrade prior to the cruise?

Has anyone used TEAMS with the premium internet? (I do have to work a few days)

Thank you

2013 the cost to upgrade a 14 day cruise was $50

Screenshot2024-01-20183043.png.395bc0436c2105e649bc3b545debcc67.png

• Like 1