10 AM assigned check-in time?

OlsSalt

5 minutes ago, sandygal said:

We’re on the September 20 th sailing of the Volendam. We haven’t received our boarding time, but is there a time in the afternoon that there would only be a short wait? Thanks 

Best for you would be after 1:30 to 2pm depending on how many ships are in port.   If the ship leaves at 4 pm, you could be there at latest about 3pm. You should be able to waltz on then :)

Edited by SilvertoGold

I just printed our boarding passes for our 21 October 2023 cruise. Under "Embark Date/Assigned Check-in Time/Group" it says Saturday Oct 21 / To Be Assigned". We have a non-suite, VB cabin. I never was given the opportunity to select a Check In time during filling out all the "check In" pages, nor have I seen anywhere to do that at HAL's web page.

We're sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam from Port Everglades. Anyone else have a TBA check in time? I suppose we'll just plan on arriving at the ship's terminal around 1100 unless I head anything else from HAL.

Doug

13 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I just printed our boarding passes for our 21 October 2023 cruise. Under "Embark Date/Assigned Check-in Time/Group" it says Saturday Oct 21 / To Be Assigned". We have a non-suite, VB cabin. I never was given the opportunity to select a Check In time during filling out all the "check In" pages, nor have I seen anywhere to do that at HAL's web page.

We're sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam from Port Everglades. Anyone else have a TBA check in time? I suppose we'll just plan on arriving at the ship's terminal around 1100 unless I head anything else from HAL.

Doug

You don't get to pick your check in time, it is assigned. The "TBA" will be populated a week before your sailing.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 1:04 PM, OlsSalt said:

Good point about other ship traffic that day. Just checked the Canada Place port schedule.

Yikes, four ships and two of them are Big Ones.  Don't know if they are arriving or departing, or both ....yet.

Looks like it will be hurry up and wait, regardless. Good thing we are stay at the Pan Pacific and can get a feel for what might be unfolding that day.

If you're staying at the Pan Pacific check your gear with them it will be in your cabin when you board. That way you can just hang out in the hotel until check in works for you. The longest hold up we encountered at Canada Place was clearing US customs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

You don't get to pick your check in time, it is assigned. The "TBA" will be populated a week before your sailing.

Okay thanks. Seems like they'd have had they by now. But our last HAL cruise was a while ago. How do they notify me? Email I'm guessing?

Doug

Twice we had a super early check in time and it didn't happen for an hour to hour and half later.  Then, there are those ports that you don't go to early, like San Diego.  We ask for a late check out at our hotel then head to the port and that has seemed to really work out nice for us.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

How do they notify me? Email I'm guessing?

You get an e-mail that your boarding pass is ready on the Website. The time will be on it. HOWEVER, the time will likely change a couple times before actual embarkation with an e-mail each time. It's not "official" until the barcode appears on it a few days before sailing. So no need to print until then. If using the Navigator app, it will be on there as well.

11 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

You get an e-mail that your boarding pass is ready on the Website. The time will be on it. HOWEVER, the time will likely change a couple times before actual embarkation with an e-mail each time. It's not "official" until the barcode appears on it a few days before sailing. So no need to print until then. If using the Navigator app, it will be on there as well.

Okay, thank you for that tip.

Doug

16 hours ago, sandygal said:

We’re on the September 20 th sailing of the Volendam. We haven’t received our boarding time, but is there a time in the afternoon that there would only be a short wait? Thanks 

Same cruise - just got ours last night - 10 AM and A group!

3 hours ago, Mosaic said:

Yes you can get 10:00 boarding times.  Actually boarding will probably not happen quite that early....

Check-in time is not to be confused with boarding time. HAL sends pax their time to show up at the cruise terminal, not when to board. Boarding time varies considerably depending on when the ship is considered ready.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2023 at 6:24 PM, AKJonesy said:Then, there are those ports that you don't go to early, like San Diego.  We ask for a late check out at our hotel then head to the port and that has seemed to really work out nice for us.  

Not to hjack this thread, but why not show up early in San Diego?

14 hours ago, RuthC said:

San Diego is notorious for enforcing check-in times. 

Thanks RuthC. We will board in San Diego in November. We'll be on Princess next week  with no  assigned boarding times, just a time range to board, and I was wondering if the assigned times were enforced on HAL.