Discovery Princess suites

helencruising

We have cruised Princess many times. We’ve done mini-suites but never a suite. We are going to book a Mexican Riviera cruise and will be treating ourselves to a suite. I’m doing research. I would greatly appreciate any info on the best suites and/or locations on this ship. Won’t be doing the highest end Sky Suite but open to info on any others. Thanks. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, helencruising said:

We have cruised Princess many times. We’ve done mini-suites but never a suite. We are going to book a Mexican Riviera cruise and will be treating ourselves to a suite. I’m doing research. I would greatly appreciate any info on the best suites and/or locations on this ship. Won’t be doing the highest end Sky Suite but open to info on any others. Thanks. 

It would help if you said what ship.

1 hour ago, helencruising said:

Aft suites, Dolphin deck and Baja (I think) have huge wraparound decks, and very spacious interior, with partially covered deck area. Top choice..

The other decks for aft suites are all expansive also - and very desirable.

Some people prefer Riviera deck, mid to mid aft to be right near the Concierge Lounge.

Enjoy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jwattle said:

In the title: Discovery 🙂

8 hours ago, helencruising said:

Hmmm my topic subject says Discovery Princess suites. So, it’s the Discovery Princess. 

8 hours ago, reedprincess said:

It would help you, If you read the title. 😉

OK. OK. Next time I'll read the title and not just the post.😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We are doing the Mexico cruise in Feb on Discovery. I went for the Penthouse Suite aft suite on Deck 12. Deck 15 is under the Lido deck. I would have booked deck 14 if it was available. The Concierge Lounge/Suite Lounge is on deck 14. Balcony looks bigger on decks 14 and 15. Also interested in what other say.

• Like 1

We're fans of the Penthouse Suites on Riviera Deck near the Concierge Lounge. We don't need the huge wraparound balcony, and we prefer the interior layout better of the side-facing suites. The bedroom has a more open layout than the true aft suites. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, helencruising said:

We like aft suites Penthouse with huge wraparound balconies 

16 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

It would help if you said what ship.

Come on folks; be nice!  It can be a bit confusing for some; I think Princess is the only cruise line that puts the ship's name before the company name. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jwattle said:

We're fans of the Penthouse Suites on Riviera Deck near the Concierge Lounge. We don't need the huge wraparound balcony, and we prefer the interior layout better of the side-facing suites. The bedroom has a more open layout than the true aft suites. 🙂

Interesting.  I had D726 on my last cruise and felt overwhelmed with the size of the balcony, and a little guilty.  One could have a party for many on that deck.  So, I appreciate your feedback on the Riviera deck suites.  Next time Princess has a solo supplement sale on the Mexico sailings, I'll try one of those!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Interesting.  I had D726 on my last cruise and felt overwhelmed with the size of the balcony, and a little guilty.  One could have a party for many on that deck.  So, I appreciate your feedback on the Riviera deck suites.  Next time Princess has a solo supplement sale on the Mexico sailings, I'll try one of those!

In my opinion the Riviera suite balconies are way too small the aft wrap around are awesome one of few things I like about the Royal class are those balconies 

• Like 2

On our Mexican Riviera cruise, we surprisingly enjoyed the Window Suite on the Discovery Princess.

No balcony on this suite but:

1) loved the floor to ceiling windows on the side and up front (lots of them) to provide a panoramic view (the view in Cabo San Lucas while the ship was anchoring was fantastic),

2) the suite felt very roomy because the space that would have been used by the balcony is now part of the suite.

3) the weather was so hot that we likely would not have used a balcony much anyway,

4) the suite was a few steps away from the bar in the Retreat Pool--easy to grab drinks there to bring to our suite, and we got to know the bartender well,

5) easy access to the Retreat Pool and the hot tubs.

CONS: far from the Concierge Lounge.  No balcony if you want one.

• Like 2

I hated the forward suite with the slanted ceiling. I asked to see if I could transfer to any other suite even if it was less expensive just to get away from the suite. It has no closet space and is claustrophobic. Others may like it but I sure didn't.

23 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

On our Mexican Riviera cruise, we surprisingly enjoyed the Window Suite on the Discovery Princess.

No balcony on this suite but:

1) loved the floor to ceiling windows on the side and up front (lots of them) to provide a panoramic view (the view in Cabo San Lucas while the ship was anchoring was fantastic),

2) the suite felt very roomy because the space that would have been used by the balcony is now part of the suite.

3) the weather was so hot that we likely would not have used a balcony much anyway,

4) the suite was a few steps away from the bar in the Retreat Pool--easy to grab drinks there to bring to our suite, and we got to know the bartender well,

5) easy access to the Retreat Pool and the hot tubs.

CONS: far from the Concierge Lounge.  No balcony if you want one.

Just curious how was the movement up front in the cabin?

Thanks

We have done aft suites twice - both times on Dolphin deck.  Yes, the balcony is huge (probably too much unless you plan on hosting a gathering).  It is partially covered but we discovered on the Mexican Riviera cruise that if we wanted shade we needed to sit way back on the balcony, close to the cabin and I really like to be closer to the railing.  We have also done suites right across from the concierge. We prefer these because we can easily get coffee or lattes (etc) early in the morning and snack throughout the day not to mention happy hour drinks in the late afternoon.  Yes, the balcony is much smaller but for two of us it is enough.  Also, the layout seems more open to us as opposed to the aft suites.  Just our opinion, but I think that is what you asked for.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I hated the forward suite with the slanted ceiling. I asked to see if I could transfer to any other suite even if it was less expensive just to get away from the suite. It has no closet space and is claustrophobic. Others may like it but I sure didn't.

I loved the suite we had on Dolphin deck on Sky Princess. In fact my impressions were exact opposite of yours. 🙂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mrmarklin said:

I loved the suite we had on Dolphin deck on Sky Princess. In fact my impressions were exact opposite of yours. 🙂

- - - and that is exactly why there are "choices".  Glad you had a good cruise.

On 9/6/2023 at 10:00 PM, donswife said:

We had a premium suite A101, right under the bridge.  We loved the layout with the large bedroom separated from the sitting area and the wonderful front facing window.  

It did require a lot of walking!

We were in that suite. The walk is good for you.

The balcony could be bigger, but the enormous bedroom makes up for it.

Our steward was the worst we've ever had. Always thought suite stewards were the "best of the best".

• Like 2