If you could bring back any Carnival ship...

CarnivalShips480

If you could bring back any former Carnival ship...  

90 members have voted

1. 1. If you could bring back any former Carnival ship, which one would you pick?

• Ecstasy
    • Sensation
    • Fascination
    • Imagination
    • Inspiration
    • Fantasy
    • Holiday
    • Celebration the original
    • Jubilee the original
    • Tropicale
    • Festivale
    • Carnivale
    • Mardi Gras the original

I myself would love to see and sail aboard the Mardi Gras.  I have one of the 4 big glass panels that were in the main ballroom in my collection so it would be nice to see it in place. 

Edited by westerdam
Wrong spelling
  • Like 1

Definitely NOT the Carnival Fantasy.  That was my first Carnival cruise as an adult - and the worst experience.  It was horrible.  Hated every (seasick) second.  Ship was too small.  Kids were sick.  Spouse was sick.  Really rocky seas - and a ship that was definitely not cut out for it.

I persisted in cruising because I just knew there had to be a reason why everyone else seemed to rave about it.  Now I realize I must choose ~110,000 tonnes and up.  Carnival's ships really are the Fun Ships.  I love to be at sea.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This happens anytime anything goes away. Like people who say they wish Toys R Us wasn't gone, but then buy their toys at Amazon and Walmart when it's here. The ships are gone because no one sailed them.

But anyways, I'll play the game. I'll go Fascination because the only thing I feel I'm missing from before these ships left, was the San Juan itinerary. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

This happens anytime anything goes away. Like people who say they wish Toys R Us wasn't gone, but then buy their toys at Amazon and Walmart when it's here. The ships are gone because no one sailed them.

But anyways, I'll play the game. I'll go Fascination because the only thing I feel I'm missing from before these ships left, was the San Juan itinerary. 

How about just not comment

• Like 4

12 hours ago, john91498 said:

The Imagination. When she was based in So California, I took many potential spouses on the weekend booze cruises. Great way to get to know someone. Ah, memories...seems so long ago now...

Many of my 3 and 4 day cruisers were out of the same port with the same ship. Always had a ball and loved being 30 minutes from the port. Many last minute cruisers there.

• Like 1

I chose the Festivale because it was my first cruise, and also my honeymoon.  I recently came across the receipt for that cruise and we paid $599 per person for an inside stateroom 38 years ago!  It was a 7-day to San Juan, St. Thomas and Nassau.   You really cannot complain about current prices when you think about that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know that I would bring back a particular ship, but i'd love to have seen a few of the older Carnival ships when they still had more of their uniquely themed bars & public areas. I loved that the first time we sailed on the Valor every area had a different theme based on Valor, but by the time I'd sailed on Legend some of her bars had been replaced with standard Carnival themes, and our upcoming Pride sailing will have lost some more. (and notoriously much of the original risque art). It's also sometimes hard to find information about what was in those areas before they were rebranded. 

I know these styles aren't everyone's cup of tea, and in some cases not even mine, but I just find it fascinating how unique they all were. 

• Like 2

The Fantasy is my favorite ship of all time, she took me to the Panama Canal for the first time in 2018. I sailed Ecstasy 6 times, with the last being her final revenue sailing last October. I chose Mardi Gras though, mainly because I've always wanted to sail in a classic ocean liner. For over 30 years I have imagined what it must have sounded like sailing her in rough seas, all the creaking from that beautiful woodwork must have been incredible!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 7:35 PM, balcony bound said:

I would guess most will pick the first ship they sailed on.  That first cruise is such an amazing experience, nothing ever really tops it.

That's a powerful memory, and my first Carnival cruise was on.....

On 9/12/2023 at 10:48 AM, Princess Cruiser27 said:

Imagination. First ship I sailed on back in 1996.

^^^^   Yep.  Imagination.  I'd bring her back because I loved the smaller-ship feel, the fact that we sailed at only 70% capacity on that journey, and some other things, like.....  

6 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Same.  I loved those aft eating areas on Lido

^^^  Yep, like those.  We loved those "wings" that stuck out over the Serenity area in the back of the ship, especially my Mom.  At a time when al fresco dining on cruise ships was uncommon, that was kinda nifty.   

--AND let's not forget that awesome Serenity area aft.  Great views of the ship's wake, not much wind (unlike the forward-located Serenity areas on most ships), and hot-tubs that didn't close until midnight.     Or 2 am, if you were lucky and they forgot.  🙂  

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 12:39 PM, Out of Iowa said:

Definitely NOT the Carnival Fantasy.  That was my first Carnival cruise as an adult - and the worst experience.  It was horrible.  Hated every (seasick) second.  Ship was too small.  Kids were sick.  Spouse was sick.  Really rocky seas - and a ship that was definitely not cut out for it.

I persisted in cruising because I just knew there had to be a reason why everyone else seemed to rave about it.  Now I realize I must choose ~110,000 tonnes and up.  Carnival's ships really are the Fun Ships.  I love to be at sea.

So everybody was sick and that's the ships fault?  Rough seas is the ships fault?