Vista Suite - Large enough for four adults to enjoy

boards

I would vote no on this. It is just too tight of a space for four adults to maneuver about the cabin, share a bathroom etc. And at night with the extra bed folded out, it is even more difficult to navigate your way to the bathroom.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, julia said:

I don't even consider Vista a "suite"...  it's a reconfigured balcony cabin with a bit more space.  I concur with the above replies and recommend adjoining cabins.

f you can't find any available with adjoining cabin doors (doors inside the cabin), get side-by-side cabins and have your steward open the balcony divider between the two cabins. That makes for a really large balcony and still allows you to move between rooms without having to go out into the hall and wait for the other party to let you into their cabin.

• Like 3

The lowest accommodation that I would book is a Signature Suite on a Pinnacle class ship.  In addition to a King bed or two twins, you would have the larger bathroom with two sinks, a single sofa bed, and a Murphy bed.  Having said that, with just DH and I in that type stateroom, it got tight at times.  😁  I cannot imagine sharing a stateroom with in-laws.

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

and a Murphy bed. 

The Murphy Bed in those Signature suites looks like a twin to me.  Here is a picture: (from Halfacts.com)  Kindly contributed by Cruise Critic member ‘Canadianbear’. Photos taken in December 2017.

kodm7105-image3d

• Like 1

The Vista Suites in the Pinnacle Class ships (Konningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam) are a bit larger than the "Vista Suites" on the Zaandam and Volendam.  On those two Rotterdam Class ships the Vista Suite is about the size of a regular Veranda on the other ships. As others say, too small for 4 adults comfortably!

~Nancy

Another option could be, if you don't want two balcony cabins next to each other would be one veranda cabin with one inside across the hall. Example would be VC5163 and K5161.  Good luck!  I hope you are able to figure out the best way to have your family cruise.

image.png.c4f41197bbb6430ca61b4e626442fa7a.png 

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

Another option could be, if you don't want two balcony cabins next to each other would be one veranda cabin with one inside across the hall. Example would be VC5163 and K5161.  Good luck!  I hope you are able to figure out the best way to have your family cruise.

image.png.c4f41197bbb6430ca61b4e626442fa7a.png 

Totally agree with you.  We use this strategy, with the ocean view or verandah for us and an inside for our two adult daughters. Or they could even consider two inside cabins, if they want to save money or like it quiet and dark at nighttime.  Definitely would not want four adults trying to share one bathroom in a Vista.....

Even if you could somehow work out sleeping arrangements, you would have to get dressed in shifts because it’s crowded for even two people to get ready at the same time.  Best of luck - I hope you’ll be able to work it out so you can all travel comfortably.

Yes, the Murphy bed is a single.  And then there is the sofa across from the main bed that can be slept on.  That gives 4 sleeping spots in the Signature Suite.  See my personal photos below of the areas (note that the Murphy bed is not down.) However, I am not sure if the Signature Suite can be booked for 4 persons.  I do like the idea of an Inside and outside stateroom configuration.

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Thanks 1

I like the suggestion of a Vista or Verandah and an Inside across from it.  Should not cost much more (unless you are getting a super cheap fare for the extra 2 people now) and a whole lot more room plus extra bath.

Edited by DaveOKC

16 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

I would much rather have 2 less expensive rooms - either inside or outside - than try to cram 4 people into a balcony stateroom.  It would really be crowded.  If you want to be together, get connecting rooms.  At least then you would have more room and two bathrooms.

That's why I suggested getting adjacent cabins--whether connecting or connected by open balcony divider.  This essentially provides a 2 room suite with two bathrooms.  A Signature Suite is essentially 1.5 times the width of a balcony cabin (Neptune twice as wide as regular balcony cabin) so two regular balcony cabins essentially provides the same square footage as a Neptune Suite.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, boards said:

Thank you everyone.  I'm convinced.  No more cruising just reading about now,

Oh dear!  Why no more cruising?  There are many options for four family members to cruise at many different price points and cabin configurations!  I feel sad if you really want to cruise again and we have put you off the idea somehow.  😞

Let us know your concerns and with the collective experience of folks here on CC maybe we can offer you some alternatives to fit your needs.  🙂

~Nancy

• Like 1