The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 27th, 2023

richwmn

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We're pretty much ready, but I have to put a few last minute things in the small suitcase.  We should only be there on night, but it could be two, which makes it hard to know how much to take.  I'm trying to go light.

Lenda, best of luck to you and Steve.  In the coming months I'm hopeful to hear news of the regression/reversal of symptoms that the shunt should accomplish.  Wish my dearly-departed love had opted for the shunt but, oh well.  Can't change history.

Edited by AV8rix
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, AV8rix said:

Lenda, best of luck to you and Steve.  In the coming months I'm hopeful to hear news of the regression/reversal of symptoms that the shunt should accomplish.  Wish my dearly-departed love had opted for the shunt but, oh well.  Can't change history.

Susan, thank you for the good wishes.  We are hopeful the shunt will help.  After the lumbar puncture, which is the definitive test to see if a shunt will help, there was marked improvement almost immediately.  The sad thing was the improvement lasted only about three days.  It was enough that the doctor said the shunt was needed.  Steve's spine surgeon said last year and this year he needs it.  Shunts do have a few things to warch for.  I'm sorry your love did not want a shunt.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good evening.  We are as ready as we can be for tomorrow.  Everything is in the small carry on except what we need tomorrow morning.  I can't believe I got everything we will need for one or two nights for two people in a small hand carry bag.  We never leave home this light, but I couldn't see dragging a rolling carry on around the hospital.  We have to leave here at 7:45 am and I don't know if I'll have time to get on the Daily before we leave.

Prayers that all goes well.

Terri

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bennybear said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser praying all goes well tomorrow and you both get some rest tonight!

@Ichiban Nekko it looks so lovely!  Enjoy Quebec City and your cruise!

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Prayers that all goes well.

Terri

Brenda and Terri, thank you for the good wishes for today.  I managed to get 5 or 6 hours of sleep, but still woke up too early.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good evening.  We are as ready as we can be for tomorrow.  Everything is in the small carry on except what we need tomorrow morning.  I can't believe I got everything we will need for one or two nights for two people in a small hand carry bag.  We never leave home this light, but I couldn't see dragging a rolling carry on around the hospital.  We have to leave here at 7:45 am and I don't know if I'll have time to get on the Daily before we leave.

Best wishes and prayers that all goes well and the shunt helps.  🙏 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Best wishes @Quartzsite Cruiser.

Roy

18 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Lenda  and Steve, I will be thinking of you both and hope all goes well.

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

Best wishes and prayers that all goes well and the shunt helps.  🙏 

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck to Steve today Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser

14 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Prayers that everything goes well.

Roy, Terry, Jacqui, Graham, Melanie and Annie, thank all of you for the good wishes and the support today.  I can't express how much your support and caring mean to me.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3