Are Sky Suite Passengers Still Contacted Pre-Cruise?

thebutlerdidit

I’ll be boarding the Equinox in a week and haven’t yet received the Retreat communication that I received prior to my Sky Suite sailing on Millennium in April. The one asking about any special events, preference of welcome bottle of wine etc. 

Has this been cut from Sky Suites along with the loss of an assigned butler?

We will be in a Sunset Sky Suite in a few weeks and were contacted by a representative from Shoreside Retreat Concierge Support a week ago.

Last year the contact was from a Shoreside Concierge and everything was conveyed to the relevant departments of the ship.

Just now, jelayne said:

Very hit and miss for Sky Suites and has been a email asking basic stuff like pillow request, extra hangers, arrival time nothing that the cabin attendant can’t handle on a few minutes.

It does make it easier for the cabin attendant to set rooms up as desired on the busy "turnaround" day, rather than having to run extra errands and redo work that was done prior to boarding, especially if one person has up to 19 cabins to service as has been reported in the forum within the past 24 hours.

We have always supplied requests to the ship a few days before boarding and have been thanked by both cabin attendants and Housekeeping Supervisors for making that day a little easier.

I have received a email asking about preferences and etc.  I have never received a phone call.

As some others have wrote it was a waste of time but you never know if it will be helpful or not. 

It asked what we were celebrating, bed configuration, type of wine, hangers requited, room temp desired, and extra blankets.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, miched said:

I have received a email asking about preferences and etc.  I have never received a phone call.

As some others have wrote it was a waste of time but you never know if it will be helpful or not. 

It asked what we were celebrating, bed configuration, type of wine, hangers requited, room temp desired, and extra blankets.  

We have never been contacted vi phone either. 

Our experience has been different.  We've always received what we requested, e.g. type of beverage, extra hangers, pillows, blanket, etc.. 

• Like 2

We are traveling in a CS in November and was surprised to have received an e-mail and follow up call from Shoreside Concierge 60 days in advance.

We always get contacted even in a SS but it may be because we are Zenith's.    Sometimes I get contacted by both Shoreside and Zenith desks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wookie01 said:

We have our first Sky Suite coming up in December and we were contacted by The Retreat by email stating "Your action is needed to help us personalise your upcoming Celebrity Edge cruise".

We're on the Apex in December - so far nothing.

Sometimes we have been contacted and often not.  Even when we were contacted and asked for certain things they were usually not taken care of anyway.  That said, once we boarded and talked to the butler all was taken care of quickly (exception being one butler who was not good at all, but that was definitely the exception to the rule)

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 12:18 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We are traveling in a CS in November and was surprised to have received an e-mail and follow up call from Shoreside Concierge 60 days in advance.

We always get contacted even in a SS but it may be because we are Zenith's.    Sometimes I get contacted by both Shoreside and Zenith desks.

Traveling on a CS in two weeks and just received the shoreside concierge email.  I almost had a heart attack when I read the first line congratulating us on our "move up", which meant in my mind something better than a CS.  After checking my credit card and the reservation I realized that there was no move up for us 🙁. Wrote them back explaining that we paid for our CS, they apologize for the mistake and was told that right now only the Iconic Suites are available to upgrade.  Well, a girl can only wish, but the truth is that we didn't bid for the Iconic Suite. 

BTW, do you think that the concierges should have that information? Meaning, should they know if someone gets a suite through the move up or paying full price? Though in my case they had the wrong info, just made me think about this.