Coffee House Style Breakfast

smj

Just now, smj said:

What is the coffee house style breakfast? I see it is available foe some Captain Club members.

Served to Elite and Above in one of the restaurants.  Menu includes espresso coffee drinks as well as Bloody Mary and mimosa.  Pre plated fruit, meat and cheese as well as some pastries.  Is usually quiet and a lovely start to the day.  Location and hours will be on your CC document in your cabin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smj said:

What is the coffee house style breakfast? I see it is available foe some Captain Club members.

If you are Elite and above it just a place to get free speciality coffee, some alcoholic drinks and a lite breakfast 

If you have a drink package , I would pass 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, smj said:

Sometimes prepared. Sometimes self serve buffet.  Cold meat, cheese, salmon, fruit, pastries, juice, espresso-based coffees, bloody Mar’ys, Bellinis.

this was on Millennium Panama Canal spring 2023.  Part of MDR was used.  Other venues may also be used.

6FFE73F6-3E78-48EA-9FE2-2B4B24E263B0.jpeg

A5F75457-3ADB-4D8F-BF9A-103B8AD9A74A.jpeg

• Thanks 3

On 10/1/2023 at 6:35 PM, smj said:

For Elite and above.

Our favorite way to start the day.

Normally held in Tuscan Grill from 08.00 to 10.00.

Captains Club Host (or assistant) should be at the event every day.

Can be quiet especially on port days.

On Transatlantics it's usually very busy with a great atmosphere on our last TA we spilt over into Qsine.

Food is usually buffet style when not sailing from a US port - even when it's pre plated staff will make the plates to your specification. US regulations don't permit a buffet in a venue without a tiled floor - this was the primary reason the popular brunch in the MDR was discontinued.

Great selection of cold meats, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, croissants and pastries.

Drinks include: juices, fruit smoothies ( my favourite is the mixed berries), non alcoholic speciality coffees, teas, sparkling wine, mamoosa's and Bloody Mary's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2023 at 6:39 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If you are Elite and above it just a place to get free speciality coffee, some alcoholic drinks and a lite breakfast 

If you have a drink package , I would pass 

For us it’s the fact that it finishes at 10am. I’m not keen on OV for breakfast and Luminae finishes at 9am. On a sea day 😬😁

• Like 1

On S class the ambiance is definitely enhanced by the wake view…

On 10/4/2023 at 7:59 AM, wineoclock said:

For us it’s the fact that it finishes at 10am. I’m not keen on OV for breakfast and Luminae finishes at 9am. On a sea day 😬😁

First morning after boarding everyone wants that extra hour in bed…So nice to actually feel at sea eating some nice light food sipping a Bellini knowing a substantial lunch will follow…

• Like 5

On 10/4/2023 at 9:41 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's a non-hot breakfast.  We eat breakfast first then if we head over its for a second coffee

This. I don't have to have eggs but enjoy a bowl of oatmeal. No go on that at the Elite breakfast. Not the best selection for those looking to eat healthier. 

37 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

This. I don't have to have eggs but enjoy a bowl of oatmeal. No go on that at the Elite breakfast. Not the best selection for those looking to eat healthier. 

Come to think of it a cruise ship isn’t the best environment for those looking to eat healthier…

• Haha 13

2 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Come to think of it a cruise ship isn’t the best environment for those looking to eat healthier…

I'll have to respectfully disagree. That's when a good buffet like what Celebrity offers is quite important. You can choose all the healthier choices. Of course one doesn't have self control then it can be a disaster. That's why it's also helpful when the MDR has a broader array of choices so you can make those healthier choices. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

On S class the ambiance is definitely enhanced by the wake view…

First morning after boarding everyone wants that extra hour in bed…

Some of us are excited to rise early every morning so perhaps   .. some.. want an extra hour in bed

On 10/4/2023 at 7:59 AM, wineoclock said:

For someone who rarely arises before midday 9am is the middle of the night for me.

Only on cruises am I up that earlier to avail of all the free stuff.

Another one here also who can eat perfectly healthily on board - a huge buffet salad is normally our go-to lunch.

Edited by Baggy178
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great post of the Elite lite bkfst choices. Thank you Cruisestich

Love the smoked salmon platter, berries, cheeses.  Bellini for me, espresso for my husb..

Would be nice if they added hard boiled egg and toasted Eng  Muffin to the selections...but happy as is!