Latest possible disembarkation time after arrival in Miami

LONGLEAVER

We dock in Miami at 7.00am, can anyone tell me what the latest disembarkation time is when in the Haven please?

I don't fly home until 16.45, does anyone have any suggestions what to do with our luggage and spend a few hours before going to the airport?

Many Thanks

I've had great success using https://www.luggageloungemiami.com/ when killing time between disembarkation and a later flight, if going to the beach is of interest. I've used https://www.resortpass.com/ as well, and this option is really excellent if you have a very long time before a flight!

I've not stayed in the Haven, so I can't comment on how long they let you hang out before disembarking. 

Edited by MeriToT
  • Thanks 1

Last call is usually between 9:15 A.M. and 9:30 A.M.

Two suggestions:

(1) Can you book an excursion through the ship that will end at the airport.  Might be worth checking out.  Your luggage would go on the excursion with you.

(2) Book a "Day Room" at one of the airport hotels and just relax.

We booked a room at the Hyatt Centric Brickell Miami using dayuse.com when we have a late flight.  Turns out it was a rainy day, so, we were glad we had a room vs just booking a "resort pass".  But had it been a nice day, they have a big rooftop pool and I have no doubt it would have been a great place to hang out.

1 hour ago, LONGLEAVER said:

We dock in Miami at 7.00am, can anyone tell me what the latest disembarkation time is when in the Haven please?

I don't fly home until 16.45, does anyone have any suggestions what to do with our luggage and spend a few hours before going to the airport?

Many Thanks

1 hour ago, SoloAlaska said:

You can also look at luggage storage options depending on what you might want to do during the day. We had our luggage stored just outside the cruise terminal in Vancouver and it was fantastic.

Was this at Canada Place? I wish I had known this previously. 

2 hours ago, LONGLEAVER said:

Many Thanks

All ashore is about 0900. The ship needs to get to a zero count and prepared for boarding of the next cruise nlt 1100. Take a post-cruise shore excursion ending at the airport. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RD64 said:

No the fairmont across the street I think offers it for daytime but I actually left 70lb of luggage for 4 days at a place a block up the street. We went to Vancouver island and didn’t want to pay the insane price of the extra luggage on the float plane to return so we left as much weight as we could in Vancouver and picked it up before flying out of YVR. Great type of service that I will use again and it’s available near most ports or downtowns.

54 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That's the equivalent of my DW's suitcase. 🤣

Haha 2 women we had 2 suitcases, 2 wheeled carry on’s, 2 bags. Total weight of everything was 168lb when we came home. Keep in mind I also had some work stuff in there.

1 hour ago, SoloAlaska said:

No the fairmont across the street I think offers it for daytime

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

When I was there in 2019 the Pan Pacific that is part of the Canada Place terminal allowed for some luggage storage.  I did that while I went on a private excursion and had dinner.  Then I got my luggage, walked around the corner and hopped the train to the airport.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LONGLEAVER said:

While sitting in the embarkation area, wondering what the hold up is, why you cannot board yet, consider this: it's probably because others disembarking haven't left the ship yet.  The longer you stay on the ship, the longer others have to wait.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Can you book an excursion through the ship that will end at the airport.  Might be worth checking out.  Your luggage would go on the excursion with you.

That's what we're doing for our December Miami cruise. It's a two-hour trip hitting the tourist sights.

I went to college in Miami so I've seen it all, but at least it kills a couple of hours and gets us to the airport.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

While sitting in the embarkation area, wondering what the hold up is, why you cannot board yet, consider this: it's probably because others disembarking haven't left the ship yet.  The longer you stay on the ship, the longer others have to wait.  

Dear Rocketman

Please be assured I will not be over staying my welcome. Its just been a long time since I have cruised with NCL and wanted to refresh my memory to help plan my day.

Sorry to have caused you any offence 

• Like 1

Just now, LONGLEAVER said:

Dear Rocketman

Please be assured I will not be over staying my welcome. Its just been a long time since I have cruised with NCL and wanted to refresh my memory to help plan my day.

Sorry to have caused you any offence 

No offense taken.  

When we weren't in a rush to be off the ship, it makes it very comfortable to be in the Haven.   Ask the Concierge.   We simply cleared out of our cabin (so steward could have it) and went to wait in the Haven Lounge area.  Leisurely last Haven breakfast. 

The Concierge let us know how long we could hang out in their lounge before he took the rest of us down for disembarkation.   Very comfortable and unrushed.   Sorry I can't recall the exact time.  

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

When we weren't in a rush to be off the ship, it makes it very comfortable to be in the Haven.   Ask the Concierge.   We simply cleared out of our cabin (so steward could have it) and went to wait in the Haven Lounge area.  Leisurely last Haven breakfast. 

The Concierge let us know how long we could hang out in their lounge before he took the rest of us down for disembarkation.   Very comfortable and unrushed.   Sorry I can't recall the exact time.  

Thank you for your reply, that sounds nice not having to rush around

• Like 1

regarding the excursion ending at the airport tip... normally, that would work well, except the OP has (presumably) an international flight at 16:45.

that's 4:45 pm.

assuming they have to be at the airport two to three hours ahead of the flight, i doubt NCL's excursions would work. at the very least, it'd be tight. if the OP has airline status or some other expedited airport entry, they could save an hour or two, and there would likely be no problem. but NCL usually advises that excursions ending  at the airport are for departures only after a certain hour. check the description of the excursion carefully for flight departure time restriction.

@LONGLEAVER 

You're flying internationally to the UK, right? If yes, wait on ship until you're finally kicked off ship, and catch a cab and go straight to airport. There may be a queue for the cabs so you can pass a bit of time there.

You need to check in for your UK flight at least 3 hours before, and the TSA lines are long long! And boarding starts 45-60 mins before the flight's departure time. Which airline?

After TSA there are plenty of eateries and bars in the international departure area. 16:45pm is rather early therefore please do not make any plans to sightsee or get a day room as you need to be at the airport by 1-1:30pm.

We are veterans of departing from MIA airport on late afternoon international flights so we hang around in MIA airport. Walk around, eat, drink, visit the stores.

1 minute ago, bluesea777 said:

@LONGLEAVER 

You're flying internationally to the UK, right? If yes, wait on ship until you're finally kicked off ship, and catch a cab and go straight to airport. There may be a queue for the cabs so you can pass a bit of time there.

You need to check in for your UK flight at least 3 hours before, and the TSA lines are long long! And boarding starts 45-60 mins before the flight's departure time. Which airline?

After TSA there are plenty of eateries and bars in the international departure area. 16:45pm is rather early therefore please do not make any plans to sightsee or get a day room as you need to be at the airport by 1-1:30pm.

We are veterans of departing from MIA airport on late afternoon international flights so we hang around in MIA airport. Walk around, eat, drink, visit the stores.

Thank you for the advice.

Yes we are coming back to the UK with Virgin Atlantic

We were planning on purchasing lounge entry, for a more comfortable experience. Do you have any experience of the lounges at MIA?

18 minutes ago, LONGLEAVER said:

Thank you for the advice.

Yes we are coming back to the UK with Virgin Atlantic

We were planning on purchasing lounge entry, for a more comfortable experience. Do you have any experience of the lounges at MIA?

Oh yes! We fly on AA back to Bermuda and have used AA’s Admiral Lounge several times. Both in MIA and in JFK. 

Your plan is the best. May I ask, which ship and when?