Go Green

Chrisclaire

Just received an email on the above.

Would appreciate any feedback, good & bad please.

If we opt in are our towels replaced in the evening?

I also note you can choose your times.

Does this work well?

Tbh, reading it I don't see a whole lot of difference.

Use it every time.  No need for a full cleaning in evening.   Still get turndown and yes towels replaced if on floor.  The room attendant will meet you on first day and you can let her know when you want it cleaned etc.   never noticed any difference in service. 

• Like 2

If you opt in online, pre-cruise, be sure to confirm with the guest relations desk that your name is on the list.   Even though there are sometime long lines, go there on boarding day because you cannot sign up for the green after that.

what suits me is to have one service in the evening, nothing in the morning. That is what works best for my schedule.

you get extra Captains Club points of one day’s worth per cruise of whatever your stateroom category is, no matter the length of cruise.  So an inside state room gives you a total of two extra points for the whole cruise.    That’s not a lot of incentive, but maybe if you are close to a new tier level, it would be enough.

29 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Use it every time.  No need for a full cleaning in evening.   Still get turndown and yes towels replaced if on floor.  The room attendant will meet you on first day and you can let her know when you want it cleaned etc.   never noticed any difference in service. 

Thanks for that!

20 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

If you opt in online, pre-cruise, be sure to confirm with the guest relations desk that your name is on the list.   Even though there are sometime long lines, go there on boarding day because you cannot sign up for the green after that.

what suits me is to have one service in the evening, nothing in the morning. That is what works best for my schedule.

you get extra Captains Club points of one day’s worth per cruise of whatever your stateroom category is, no matter the length of cruise.  So an inside state room gives you a total of two extra points for the whole cruise.    That’s not a lot of incentive, but maybe if you are close to a new tier level, it would be enough.

Good advice.....many thanks!

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

I've always just confirmed with my cabin steward.  They have a list of those who signed up online, at least as it relates to their cabins.

• Thanks 1

I confirmed with our cabin steward on the day of embarkation that we showed as Go Green participants.  (on Beyond in Feb I had to do it over again onboard although I signed up pre-cruise)

Anyway, we did get turndown, fresh towels, trash emptied, and a chocolate on the pillow last week on Eclipse!

• Thanks 1

Seriously?  If one wanted to go green, a cruise is not a place to be.

However, we continue to cruise and pray to Gaia over a glass of wine every evening, begging her forgiveness for polluting the planet as a consumer of opulent travel.

If a cruise line was serious about ungreen behaviour, printed material would not exist and only texts would appear on our apps.. Happy Travels.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Is what you mean you get 1 xtra day of points that you would normally get for the cabin category you chose, let's say, a 5 day cruise in a Sky Suite..so If you would want to take advantage of the go green program, you would have the original points of 8 x 5 = 40 points + 8 xtra points, for a total 48 points for the cruise. Right?

15 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Is what you mean you get 1 xtra day of points that you would normally get for the cabin category you chose, let's say, a 5 day cruise in a Sky Suite..so If you would want to take advantage of the go green program, you would have the original points of 8 x 5 = 40 points + 8 xtra points, for a total 48 points for the cruise. Right?

Yes, that is right.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

Seriously?  If one wanted to go green, a cruise is not a place to be.

However, we continue to cruise and pray to Gaia over a glass of wine every evening, begging her forgiveness for polluting the planet as a consumer of opulent travel.

If a cruise line was serious about ungreen behaviour, printed material would not exist and only texts would appear on our apps.. Happy Travels.

It's just a name to reduce a bit of the cleaning products used and vacuuming done in exchange for extra captain's club points.  I don't think anyone is fooling themselves into thinking it suddenly makes their cruise green.

And although cruise lines do have a lot of initiates that have a bigger impact (related to fuel choices with new ships, waste water treatment, recycling, switching electronic as much as customers will tolerate, etc.), I don't think travel internationally will ever truly be green.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, prmssk said:

It's just a name to reduce a bit of the cleaning products used and vacuuming done in exchange for extra captain's club points.  I don't think anyone is fooling themselves into thinking it suddenly makes their cruise green.

And although cruise lines do have a lot of initiates that have a bigger impact (related to fuel choices with new ships, waste water treatment, recycling, switching electronic as much as customers will tolerate, etc.), I don't think travel internationally will ever truly be green.

Bingo!  I'm in it for the points....

• Like 1

We've chosen to "go green" on our Celebrity cruises primarily because we think the idea of fully cleaning our cabin twice a day is totally unnecessary and wasteful. We're not animals and generally leave our cabin fairly nice just in case my mother drops in. No different than wearing clean underwear in case you're in an accident. 🤣

That said, there are many "shades of green," and in terms of eco-consciousness, I believe anything we can do to minimize our impact helps. Arguing absurdum that something isn't "green enough so why bother" misses the point. Do what you can to make a difference.

cjr

• Like 4

Don't waste your time waiting in line at Guest Relations to confirm.  Just ask your stateroom attendant.

The difference I noted was that the room was not vacuumed  in the evening. Towels were replaced if placed on the floor.  

• Thanks 1

It’s just a matter of timing. You might wait a long time to meet your stateroom attendant. And who knows how long that might be.  Or you can go to Guest Relations at a time you choose.  Either will work.  Just don’t wait until the second day of the cruise.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gold1953 said:

We do this every cruise and have not noticed a difference

We do this every cruise (when I remember to sign up for the program ahead of time) and also have not seen a difference. I wish it were a preference that we could set in our profile.

• Thanks 1