Icon OTS - The Payback

Tippyton

On 10/16/2023 at 10:26 AM, BecciBoo said:

$2624.76 For our Interior accessible next September.  And I was shocked!  Boy am I glad we got it last October.  Can't wait for it to go down, I'm on borrowed time as it is.

I didn't think I would ever want to go on ICON either but, after I've been following its build and the projected areas on board, I became intrigued! So, I caved and also booked us an accessible interior for November 15-22, 2025 for $3,875.28, which we didn't think was all that bad. Wished we would have done it sooner, like you did, though! We booked a 3 and a 4 night on Utopia for my birthday in February, 2025; looking forward to seeing that ship as well! I'm on borrowed time too! Of course, when you think about it, I guess we're all on borrowed time, so cruise and/or enjoy life as much as you can!! Cheers friends!!

• Like 2

Neither DH nor I believe the Icon is the ship that best fits our cruising style.  It seems built for others, and that’s fine.  Neither curiosity or novelty will draw us aboard at the current prices.  Maybe we will book to see the ship if prices fall in a few years, though not over a holiday.

• Like 2

BUT,. we can all watch for reductions, there's a long time before the cruise!  Here's hoping you can find it Sal.  I looked hard at Utopia, but just can't do her too.  She'll have to wait!  We haven't even done Wonder yet!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

We would make that 4 people!

Oh we couldn't afford today's fare at all.  That's why I'm so glad we booked last year.  For the prices for a balcony on Icon we could do a sweet suite on the other ships!  At least I can say I got aboard before I hit the big Galaxy Cruise I'll end up on🤣

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

There is entire decks where essentially every room is configured to hold 3-4 people.  When you attempt to book for only 2 people, you get a significantly reduced amount of room options.  While someone booking for 3-4 people will get a larger pool of cabins.

2 people can book a balcony for 10k, if they add two kids in the same room, the price for a balcony is now $4k.

I'm sure rooms will open up to 2 person bookings as cruises get closer.

No different than when you see a balcony or even a suite be cheaper than an Oceanview room on some cruises, because there is limited supply of Oceanview rooms.

3 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

There is entire decks where essentially every room is configured to hold 3-4 people.  When you attempt to book for only 2 people, you get a significantly reduced amount of room options.  While someone booking for 3-4 people will get a larger pool of cabins.

2 people can book a balcony for 10k, if they add two kids in the same room, the price for a balcony is now $4k.

I'm sure rooms will open up to 2 person bookings as cruises get closer.

No different than when you see a balcony or even a suite be cheaper than an Oceanview room on some cruises, because there is limited supply of Oceanview rooms.

Or just book 3 or four to that cabin, and have one or two of them “no-show”. You will get the taxes and port fees back for those individuals as well.

Edited by The Fun Researcher

16 hours ago, topanga49er said:

Not sure if I am allowed to talk about it here, but my TA got us one of her group rooms on Icon last week for a good rate:  Not advertising, but was amazed:  $3k for balcony guaranty room not pp.

Sounds like a really good deal. Your post is fine as long as you don't mention who the TA is.

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I've seen those rates offered by a couple of You Tubers. I still have no intention of sailing that ship. there will be much too many kids for my liking. Great for families though.

Yeah, I'm happy to see how the ship settles into the dynamics of the fleet.   Will it end up having a far higher ratio of kids to adults than the other ships?  I'm eager to find out (via reviews and YouTube) over the course of the first year or two.  Royal has so many great ships I have no pressing need to be on the latest (and not necessarily the greatest)

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 3:27 PM, SUgwoz said:

My daughter booked deck 12 Ocean View Balcony back last October when we booked 

4137.60  - 2 people

-250 deposit

Bal.  $3887.60

Our most expensive cruise with Celebrity was $300 less for a balcony!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1