How do Diamond members use drink vouchers?

Sun Lover

We recently reached Diamond status and will be on a cruise coming up in a few weeks.  I know we will get 4 drink vouchers per day which I assume are tied to our Seapass cards but if we order a bottled water or soda, is there a way not to use a voucher for that so that we can save it for an alcohol drink?

41 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

We recently reached Diamond status and will be on a cruise coming up in a few weeks.  I know we will get 4 drink vouchers per day which I assume are tied to our Seapass cards but if we order a bottled water or soda, is there a way not to use a voucher for that so that we can save it for an alcohol drink?

You will get on average 2-3 bottles of water as a welcome gift in your cabin.  If you drink lots of water, it may get expensive, and you may want to look into some package.

• Like 1

Actually, the bartenders are pretty liberal with the bottled water since RCCL started giving everyone bottles in their cabins. Go to the bar out on the pool deck and ask about the policy, and if you should use your coupon, and how many bottles can you get.  I had a bartender just hand me 3 bottles, and I tipped him a few bucks for it.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, pcur said:

Actually, the bartenders are pretty liberal with the bottled water since RCCL started giving everyone bottles in their cabins. Go to the bar out on the pool deck and ask about the policy, and if you should use your coupon, and how many bottles can you get.  I had a bartender just hand me 3 bottles, and I tipped him a few bucks for it.

Slip of the lip, can sink a ship. 😉

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, pcur said:

I always ask for 2-3 bottles after lunch in CK, walking up to the SL bar.   And of course give the bartender a tip each time.  🙂 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I always ask for 2-3 bottles after lunch in CK, walking up to the SL bar.   And of course give the bartender a tip each time.  🙂 

Right.  This is not outside of policy.  I remember getting some announcement that they were starting to provide extra water to passengers.  Of course, they want to sell the water packages, etc., but if you ask they will usually give out 1-3 bottles.  Yes, it's nice to tip the waiter/bartender.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Preziosa said:

Take an emty bottle and fill it in your room with water from the bathroom.

Or go to the D lounge and they usually have iced water available during the day. 
Refill or use cups for drinking 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moposh said:

I've never gotten free bottles of water.   

It helps if you go to the same bar (the bartender knows you) or you tip accordingly. If you just go to a random bar and just ask for a bottle, chances are you will be charged. I saw this on the Liberty first hand last week. A random person walked up to the bar and asked for two bottles. The bartender charged for the two. I asked the bartender why he didn't change me for the same. His answer was, I know you and you take care of me.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Dolby1000 said:

Jumping on this topic, if I may, our first Diamond Cruise is in 6 weeks. When we use a drink voucher, is tip included, or do I need to account for this?

Thanks All

Tips are not included. Tipping is your call. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dolby1000 said:

Jumping on this topic, if I may, our first Diamond Cruise is in 6 weeks. When we use a drink voucher, is tip included, or do I need to account for this?

Thanks All

!8 % tip is included . you can tip extra if you wish .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, loman said:

There was a 18 % tip included on my 4 free drinks . I gave a couple of bucks more to the waiter.

You are never charged 18% tips for your free CAS drinks. If you are, go to Guest Services. It shouldn't happen. I became diamond over 20 years ago and never had tips added to my account for the free drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, loman said:

There was a 18 % tip included on my 4 free drinks . I gave a couple of bucks more to the waiter.

Bummer for you. 😅 You are the first I've heard that from. Never a gratuity on our CAS drinks under the old HH drinks and not on the current CAS drink program. 🍻

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mets123 said:

You are never charged 18% tips for your free CAS drinks. If you are, go to Guest Services. It shouldn't happen. I became diamond over 20 years ago and never had tips added to my account for the free drinks.

If memory serves me correctly , i am pretty sure i saw 18 % on the printed invoice

The drink was still free though .

Edited by loman