The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday October 19th, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from a pleasant central Texas.  This is one of those days that started with thinking I might tackle my to-do list.  However, it turns out, it's one of those days that I just don't want to do anything.  Since this is about the first day that is nice enough to sit outside in the port, I think I'll take my book and other things, and head outside.  It might just recharge the batteries, since a long walk a little while ago didn't. I think I just have the blahs today.

Lenda, strangely I had the blahs this morning too.  What fixed my blahs was getting out in the garden.  I'm more sore, but definitely have a better outlook now. 😅  Got a lot done too, plus found even more strawberry plants hiding out there. 

Carolyn, I hope your friend Rhonda gets to go home soon, and I hope your BFF has a quick and uneventful recovery.  I'm glad the antibiotics have cleared your DH's congestion. 

Thank you Lenda. I feel so bad for Ronda, and worried too about how this will affect her future health.   OH  just in time to edit this -- I just got a message from Ronda, and she has the "green light to go home"!  Finally!

1 hour ago, dfish said:

They test each of the four parathyroid glands to see which one is sending out too much hormone and then as they remove the offenders, they test the calcium levels and parathyroid hormone levels.  Lots of testing going on to make sure they get the right parathyroid glands - we have 4.  They took 2 of mine.  My sister had three removed.  My calcium is normal and has stayed normal since the surgery.  

She'll have a sore throat for a day or two.  I had surgery on Wednesday and came home that day.  I was tired the rest of that day and on Thursday, but was almost back to normal by Friday.   The surgery is a good excuse to eat ice cream for dinner.  But, she needs to be careful.  I had a bit of acid reflux after surgery and some antacid tablets would be smart to have on hand.  That part is normal.  

I have an appointment with a general surgeon for consult on my ventral hernia next Tuesday.  It would be nice to get this scheduled and over with.  I look like I'm pregnant and there is no holding your gut in.  It just makes the hernia stick out more.  

Thank you Debbie, very helpful.  I don't know how many they took out, just that they took out "more" when her calcium levels weren't low enough.  I remember you telling me about the sore throat, and I did tell her about that.  What surprised me was that she ate a grilled cheese sandwich after the surgery -- I'm thinking she was still on a lot of pain meds from the surgery because I thought her throat would be too sore for that.  Today is probably a different story.

I know you'll be glad to have this next surgery over and done with.

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 17

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

...I watched the Astros/Rangers game last night.  Living this close to DFW, our neighbors are big Rangers fans, and one even works for them during home games.  However, we became Astros fans in about 1986 or 1987 when our neighbor gave us box seat tickets to a game.  That was the era when Nolan Ryan was their star pitcher and Yogi Berra was a base coach.  While they did not win as often as we'd like, there were a bunch of great guys on the team.  The upside is there will be a Texas team representing the AL in the World Series...  

Yes, but would just feel better if it would be the Rangers!!

I think you feel blah today cuz deep down you're a Rangers fan at heart and it broke a bit when Astros won last night, 😆 

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

And still Go Rangers!!

• Like 11

3 hours ago, dfish said:

They test each of the four parathyroid glands to see which one is sending out too much hormone and then as they remove the offenders, they test the calcium levels and parathyroid hormone levels.  Lots of testing going on to make sure they get the right parathyroid glands - we have 4.  They took 2 of mine.  My sister had three removed.  My calcium is normal and has stayed normal since the surgery.  

She'll have a sore throat for a day or two.  I had surgery on Wednesday and came home that day.  I was tired the rest of that day and on Thursday, but was almost back to normal by Friday.   The surgery is a good excuse to eat ice cream for dinner.  But, she needs to be careful.  I had a bit of acid reflux after surgery and some antacid tablets would be smart to have on hand.  That part is normal.  

I have an appointment with a general surgeon for consult on my ventral hernia next Tuesday.  It would be nice to get this scheduled and over with.  I look like I'm pregnant and there is no holding your gut in.  It just makes the hernia stick out more.  

Debbie, I hope your appointment with the general surgeon Tuesday goes well, and the nernia repair can be scheduled soon.

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Lenda, strangely I had the blahs this morning too.  What fixed my blahs was getting out in the garden.  I'm more sore, but definitely have a better outlook now. 😅  Got a lot done too, plus found even more strawberry plants hiding out there. 

Thank you Lenda. I feel so bad for Ronda, and worried too about how this will affect her future health.   OH  just in time to edit this -- I just got a message from Ronda, and she has the "green light to go home"!  Finally!

Thank you Debbie, very helpful.  I don't know how many they took out, just that they took out "more" when her calcium levels weren't low enough.  I remember you telling me about the sore throat, and I did tell her about that.  What surprised me was that she ate a grilled cheese sandwich after the surgery -- I'm thinking she was still on a lot of pain meds from the surgery because I thought her throat would be too sore for that.  Today is probably a different story.

Well, I was outside this afternoon, but not doing any yard work.  It's all done to get the yard ready for winter.  All I have to do is mow every so often until the grass quits growing.  That could be in November or even December.  I spent about three hours enjoying sitting outside with my book.  It was peaceful and relaxing.  Even the traffic in the highway behind our place was not bad today.  I don't remember the last time the weather and lack of things to do made it possible to enjoy a relaxing afternoon outdoors.

44 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes, but would just feel better if it would be the Rangers!!

I think you feel blah today cuz deep down you're a Rangers fan at heart and it broke a bit when Astros won last night, 😆 

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

And still Go Rangers!!

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I've never been a Rangers fan, even when Nolan Ryan was with the club.  I was always a NL fan, and only pulled for one AL team, the Astros, after they were moved to the AL.  Whichever team Texas is in the World Series, I'll be for them against the NL team.

Even as a native Texan, and this is probably heresy, but I have never been a Cowboys fan either, but then I'm not into the NFL.  My team is the Texas Longhorns.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14

24 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, I hope your appointment with the general surgeon Tuesday goes well, and the nernia repair can be scheduled soon.

Well, I was outside this afternoon, but not doing any yard work.  It's all done to get the yard ready for winter.  All I have to do is mow every so often until the grass quits growing.  That could be in November or even December.  I spent about three hours enjoying sitting outside with my book.  It was peaceful and relaxing.  Even the traffic in the highway behind our place was not bad today.  I don't remember the last time the weather and lack of things to do made it possible to enjoy a relaxing afternoon outdoors.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I've never been a Rangers fan, even when Nolan Ryan was with the club.  I was always a NL fan, and only pulled for one AL team, the Astros, after they were moved to the AL.  Whichever team Texas is in the World Series, I'll be for them against the NL team.

Even as a native Texan, and this is probably heresy, but I have never been a Cowboys fan either, but then I'm not into the NFL.  My team is the Texas Longhorns.

Lenda

Can you at least give me the Dallas Mavericks or Dallas Stars? Lol

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Actually, the inside of the throat isn't the sore part.  You can eat anything you want.  I just used it as an excuse for ice cream.  I had a tuna salad sandwich after the adrenal surgery.  Yes, I want this next surgery over and done with.  This hernia is very visible.  I look deformed.

We are thinking alike, Lenda! 

• Like 14

Thanks to all of you for prayers for hubby (Mike) -- yesterday's surgery went as planned....think he'll be coming home tomorrow.

I'm scheduled for a 2nd round of steroid (only) injections for my back for next Monday - I guess they will be using a different steroid this time....really hoping for more than 1 1/2 days of relief -- glad that Extra Strength Tylenol every 5 or so hours does some good.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Thanks to all of you for prayers for hubby (Mike) -- yesterday's surgery went as planned....think he'll be coming home tomorrow.

I'm scheduled for a 2nd round of steroid (only) injections for my back for next Monday - I guess they will be using a different steroid this time....really hoping for more than 1 1/2 days of relief -- glad that Extra Strength Tylenol every 5 or so hours does some good.

Good news!   Thank you for letting us know all is well.  I hope they can find something that works for your back.  

• Like 9

Good evening to all,

I am so sorry for not posting regularly.

i will try harder.

These days have been hard ones while we are trying to get ready for our trip.

Things are somewhat better, but not great.  Just trying to keep it all together.

i really feel like the whole world is on my shoulders right now.  I think you get the picture.

I am mostly packed.  However, DH has not started!  What can I say.

Anyway, on a better note, I want Debbie @dfish to know that I cooked the balsamic honey pork chops tonight.  i used the first recipe and it was delicious.  Thank you for that.

i thank all of you for keeping us in your prayers.  I appreciate it very much. DH is having a hard time these days and it is not easy.  That is all I can say right now.

God bless all of you.

Terri

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9

The ALCS is tied up with two wins each with the Astros winning 10-3.

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I'm glad yesterday's surgery wwent as planned, and I hope he comes home tomorrow.  I hope the steroid shots on Monday give you some relief.  DH found the Tylenol arthritis 650mg worked best for him.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all,

I am so sorry for not posting regularly.

i will try harder.

These days have been hard ones while we are trying to get ready for our trip.

Things are somewhat better, but not great.  Just trying to keep it all together.

i really feel like the whole world is on my shoulders right now.  I think you get the picture.

I am mostly packed.  However, DH has not started!  What can I say.

Anyway, on a better note, I want Debbie @dfish to know that I cooked the balsamic honey pork chops tonight.  i used the first recipe and it was delicious.  Thank you for that.

i thank all of you for keeping us in your prayers.  I appreciate it very much. DH is having a hard time these days and it is not easy.  That is all I can say right now.

God bless all of you.

Terri

Terri, thank you for taking the time to check in.  I'm sorry your DH is having a hard time now.  I hope things improve for both of you.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The ALCS is tied up with two wins each with the Astros winning 10-3.

I'm glad yesterday's surgery wwent as planned, and I hope he comes home tomorrow.  I hope the steroid shots on Monday give you some relief.  DH found the Tylenol arthritis 650mg worked best for him.

Terri, thank you for taking the time to check in.  I'm sorry your DH is having a hard time now.  I hope things improve for both of you.

Lenda

Thanks Lenda

Terri

• Like 4

@richwmn   Rich,  Thank you for the HAL Fleet report and the Daily.

@Cruzin Terri  sorry that you are having difficulties.  Hope you will be able to relax when you board the ship.

@rafinmd  Roy, on which Rotterdam itinerary are you sailing?

@RMLincoln  Maureen, best wishes for packing and moving to your new home.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, erewhon said:

@richwmn   Rich,  Thank you for the HAL Fleet report and the Daily.

@Cruzin Terri  sorry that you are having difficulties.  Hope you will be able to relax when you board the ship.

@rafinmd  Roy, on which Rotterdam itinerary are you sailing?

@RMLincoln  Maureen, best wishes for packing and moving to your new home.

Partial Panama Canal.  Much the same itinerary as last year except through the new locks.

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2