Queen Anne

Minnie29

Posted (edited)

ITV News is reporting "Queen Anne is due to arrive during the last weekend of April and her maiden voyage will be on May 3rd. With several days in port every effort will be made to celebrate."

Here's the link to the article.

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2024-01-08/long-awaited-cruise-ship-the-queen-anne-to-arrive-in-april

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

ITV News is reporting "Queen Anne is due to arrive during the last weekend of April and her maiden voyage will be on May 3rd. With several days in port every effort will be made to celebrate."

Here's the link to the article.

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2024-01-08/long-awaited-cruise-ship-the-queen-anne-to-arrive-in-april

Link doesn’t work. It takes you to a different article. I live in the MeridianT V region so the articles were interesting but can’t find the Queen Anne one 

2 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Link doesn’t work. It takes you to a different article. I live in the MeridianT V region so the articles were interesting but can’t find the Queen Anne one 

Worked this time very interesting. Will look forward to seeing her. Will definitely be having a drive over to see her only 35 mins. Hope she is at Ocean Terminal. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

Worked this time very interesting. Will look forward to seeing her. Will definitely be having a drive over to see her only 35 mins. Hope she is at Ocean Terminal. 

Interesting you should ask about the terminal. The Southampton VTS Cruise Ship Schedule has one cruise ship or another at each one of the five cruise terminals at some point from the last weekend in April through May 3rd. For the maiden voyage departing May 3rd, the Ocean, Horizon and QEII terminals have other ships scheduled at the moment. Of course those terminal assignments are always subject to change.

As I mentioned previously, QM2 and QV will be in port on Sunday, April 28th (along with Arvia and MSC Poesia). It should be a very interesting celebration indeed to have QA in port that day along with two of her sisters. As the schedule stands now, City terminal is the available spot for QA on April 28th.

Edited by bluemarble

41 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Interesting you should ask about the terminal. The Southampton VTS Cruise Ship Schedule has one cruise ship or another at each one of the five cruise terminals at some point from the last weekend in April through May 3rd. For the maiden voyage departing May 3rd, the Ocean, Horizon and QEII terminals have other ships scheduled at the moment. Of course those terminal assignments are always subject to change.

As I mentioned previously, QM2 and QV will be in port on Sunday, April 28th (along with Arvia and MSC Poesia). It should be a very interesting celebration indeed to have QA in port that day along with two of her sisters. As the schedule stands now, City terminal is the available spot for QA on April 28th.

Interesting thank you I will keep checking. Quite fitting too P &O latest ship will be around too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

What a majestic sight it would be if all three were visiting together.  I do think we should change your name to "Blue Leader"🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Following on from bluemarble #52, we are currently on QM2 and speaking to the staff, PG has rather a lot of cabins on QA which may detract from the cosy atmosphere whereas QG has relatively few cabins which will help that restaurant but the downside is there are few central cabins with many at the front and back.  The front ones have metal balconies!

We return to Southampton on Arvia on the 28th, if as rumoured, QA arrives into Southampton on that day depending on time of arrival might be worth hanging around to view the spectacle.

10 hours ago, RJChatsworth said:

Following on from bluemarble #52, we are currently on QM2 and speaking to the staff, PG has rather a lot of cabins on QA which may detract from the cosy atmosphere whereas QG has relatively few cabins which will help that restaurant but the downside is there are few central cabins with many at the front and back.  The front ones have metal balconies!

If they partition the PG restaurant well that should help. A shame about the QG suite locations. That said, I could only get a PG on one of my QA voyages next January. Snagged a great BC cabin for the other (keen to compare). Sadly QG sold out for both already!

5 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We return to Southampton on Arvia on the 28th, if as rumoured, QA arrives into Southampton on that day depending on time of arrival might be worth hanging around to view the spectacle.

I don't think we can pin down QA's arrival date to April 28th. The statement that QA will arrive in Southampton "during the last weekend of April" is not particularly specific. She may well be arriving Saturday, April 27th. I guess we will need to wait for more specifics from Cunard. I'm inferring they are planning a daytime arrival from the quote "Large crowds are expected to like [sic] the Solent to welcome in the new ship."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I don't think we can pin down QA's arrival date to April 28th. The statement that QA will arrive in Southampton "during the last weekend of April" is not particularly specific. She may well be arriving Saturday, April 27th. I guess we will need to wait for more specifics from Cunard. I'm inferring they are planning a daytime arrival from the quote "Large crowds are expected to like [sic] the Solent to welcome in the new ship."

I’m sure the entire population of Southampton likes the Solent. After all, it is the raison d’être of the place. 😀

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, torsonwheels said:

This has been posted in the Liverpool Echo this morning and has just made the North West BBC News

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/liverpool-stage-huge-event-new-28557919#ls8m3ygnocyvrwnfr

Hope the link works

Liverpool deserve it.

We have been on numerous cruises which call at Liverpool and the city goes to town on their welcome, well departure actually. Very emotional, each time.

• Like 2

Same here. We shall be boarding Queen Victoria in Trieste on the 3rd June. As a proud 'scouser' I am sure Liverpool will put on an amazing show/celebration. At least I will be on Cunard on that day and will mark this very special occasion

• Like 2