Silhouette Israel 2024

Cruiscs

• Cruiscs changed the title to Silhouette Israel 2024
12 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, I think they will be changed or cancelled. 

I agree 
They still haven’t change the Infinity sailings in February to Israel 

I have a feeling the Infinity will be heading to the Canary Islands for February 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

We are presently in Rome preparing to board the Edge tomorrow for a Suez  Canal transit.  A port in Jordan has already been replaced.  I don’t know if you are considering an itinerary with stops in early or late 2024 but doubt there will much presence in Israel anytime soon.

20 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We are presently in Rome preparing to board the Edge tomorrow for a Suez  Canal transit.  A port in Jordan has already been replaced.  I don’t know if you are considering an itinerary with stops in early or late 2024 but doubt there will much presence in Israel anytime soon.

Wow , the trip to Petra was the best

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

Where will you be going instead of Jordan? 

I’m intrigued by the Celebrity Infinity Middle East itineraries in Feb-March 2024.  I’m not sure why they’d still be advertising these since it’s unlikely they’ll go to Israel.  

I’m wondering if I should just book one and hope they change to the Canary or Greek islands 🤞 

29 minutes ago, peachcreamsicle said:

I’m intrigued by the Celebrity Infinity Middle East itineraries in Feb-March 2024.  I’m not sure why they’d still be advertising these since it’s unlikely they’ll go to Israel.  

I’m wondering if I should just book one and hope they change to the Canary or Greek islands 🤞 

Book it , if you don’t mind a change in ports , if they change the ports you could end up with a couple $100 of OBC 😁

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

September - october 2024

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Book it , if you don’t mind a change in ports , if they change the ports you could end up with a couple $100 of OBC 😁

Hehe! It’s so tempting!

I don’t mind if they change the ports, assuming we go somewhere else… But I’m afraid that they’ll just change to sea days, which would be disappointing.  

36 minutes ago, peachcreamsicle said:

Instead of Aqaba, Jordan we are going to Muscat, Oman instead.

If you want to see Israel, go on a land trip. Israel already stated that this is going to be a long war- months. So many sites aren't opened as a result. 

For all who want to visit Israel, realize there are windows of opportunity. Israel is always on edge but there are safer times than now. Go when the window opens again.

• Like 4

No one can predict the future, but Israel will open up again.  We were very lucky exactly one year ago, but still understood that the ports of Haifa and Ashdod could close at a moment’s notice.  The experience of visiting Israel is one that we will never forget, but we are so sad for what is happening today.  

Itineraries can change for various reasons like dock workers going on strike, weather and of course wars.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked for Sept 20, 2024 on Celebrity Silhouette and have been waiting to hear from them about alternatives. Hoping for Greek Isles as it leaves from Athens and we've never been there. So disappointed about Israel. We had one booked to go there which was cancelled due to the pandemic. In the scheme of things, an altered or cancelled cruise is not important. The lives of the innocents in Israel is what breaks our hearts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, floinnc said:

We are booked for Sept 20, 2024 on Celebrity Silhouette and have been waiting to hear from them about alternatives. Hoping for Greek Isles as it leaves from Athens and we've never been there. So disappointed about Israel. We had one booked to go there which was cancelled due to the pandemic. In the scheme of things, an altered or cancelled cruise is not important. The lives of the innocents in Israel is what breaks our hearts.

This is a lovely post. Thank you 

• Like 2

I chatted with a live agent on  Celebrity and this is the answer:

The safety of our passengers is always our foremost concern. Thus, Celebrity Cruises is constantly monitoring the political climates of our ports of call and has strategic teams prepared to address a variety of situations. If we feel it is unsafe for our guests and crew members to visit a particular destination, that port of call will be canceled, and we will do our best to replace it with a suitable alternative.

Currently, we still do not have cancellation updates for this sailing. Should your sailing schedule later be altered, you will be provided with an alert via your travel agency or personal email address. Rest assured that fair cancellation and alternative options will be provided to impacted guests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if its before final payment, can't you just switch to something else...even if with a change fee.. or is there a financial benefit to waiting?

the region is volatile..to say the least..and the earlier you switch,  better choices will be available.

• 3 weeks later...

They have finally done it!  It is now a Greek/Turkey cruise.  Been there done that! On the phone as I write to move money to my cruise in April.  You will get OBC if you stay $200-$400 depending on your cabin. Only thing is no change or cancellation fees, or you can get a full refund. Very disappointed in Celebrity. 

I thought they would do more.🥲

16 minutes ago, GUCCI1962 said:

They have finally done it!  It is now a Greek/Turkey cruise.  Been there done that! On the phone as I write to move money to my cruise in April.  You will get OBC if you stay $200-$400 depending on your cabin. Only thing is no change or cancellation fees, or you can get a full refund. Very disappointed in Celebrity. 

I thought they would do more.🥲

Sounds fair to me 

• Like 3