Food & Beverage Update from the President

AnnaNicole

the video is well done and seems sincere attempt at damage control.  For it to get to this point (producing a video) X knows that there was a problem that needed to be addressed

Classics are coming back, more variety on the menu and chocolate desert every night. The said by Thanksgiving so that is pretty soon.

Not stated is the "where's my prime rib steak and Maine lobster tail" every night crowd.  I am afraid that they are SOL. If they are looking for that they should go to Fine Cut

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

She did mention she was bored with MDR menu by day 3 and understands there are many who do B2B(+) so there would be "new entrees" yet nothing specific was mentioned.  Also if they did not mention if they would eliminate existing entrees to make room for the new ones

1 minute ago, Susanb10567 said:

I think it is a positive step for them to be putting classics back in its own section…seems like they are trying to make it seem like they are listening…

Agreed! Much better than what Jason Liberty is doing over at RC. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Susanb10567 said:

I think it is a positive step for them to be putting classics back in its own section…seems like they are trying to make it seem like they are listening…

Many have been complaining since Jan 1st to reverse their cutbacks.  It apparently took the outrage of a cookie fee in order for them to listen but they're apparently not improving the food quality

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Many have been complaining since Jan 1st to reverse their cutbacks.  It apparently took the outrage of a cookie fee in order for them to listen but they're apparently not improving the food quality

you don't know that yet. Wait until the menus come out 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

That's an assumption without any data to support it.

Its an assumption to support either.  There's more data to support them NOT improving food quality than there is data to support there is an improvement since only "adding new entrees" was mentioned

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Pure speculation, yet it's been theorized Jason Liberty was behind all the X cutbacks as he was a former CFO and eliminated the "CEO" title from X after LLP left

Historically, when a CFO becomes CEO, you see many changes for the worse, as they are only looking at the bottom line. Great for short term profit, but poor for long term business models. Someone who has a financial AND operations background, is a better fit in my opinion.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Isn’t it interesting that celebrity takes things away, MDR appetizer, dedicated elite and above lounge, ect. Then gives you a little of that back and expects us to be happy. 

why can’t they simply restore the menu the way it was and. Bring back the lounge every night?  

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

We're reversing the cuts we implemented...but if you're sailing between now and Thanksgiving (or sailed in the interim), t.s.

Hard to fix it immediately…just glad they are doing something to get back closer to where we used to be. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 11

Skip to 4 minutes if you want to hear about the food changes, the rest is just general intro and then expressing gratitude to crew and guests. 

As someone that had the misfortune of sailing the Equinox during the two week “burger menu” experiment with a really pared down menu, I’m excited for these changes. I’m sailing the Beyond next in May, and those restaurants always have more variety. I sailed Princess most recently and I thought the food quality was not as good as Celebrity, but still good. Their plus was a decently sized dinner menu. Usually 4 entrees, 1 unique pasta, 1 classic pasta, and 2 classic entrees. Can’t wait to see the Celebrity roll out. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1