Have the new menus been introduced?

Tbird58

We watched the CEO speak about changing and updating the menus after many complaints on food choices and quality.  She said they would roll out by Thanksgiving, so I'm curious if they were out?  We sail on 12/9 from Barcelona and hoping the menu's have been updated.

53 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes there was lava cake one night.  On the Webinar Laura state they would be adding to the desert menus so there was at least 1 chocolate desert each night.  What I was saying there were some nights with no chocolate desert on that menu.

The chocolate dessert offering last night in Luminae was one of the same chocolate tarts you can get in cafe Al Bacio. Only difference was they cut it in fourths and drizzled some chocolate sauce and whipped cream on top. 

IMG_6410.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes on the 11/6 Constellation.   Many of the old dishes are back and a few more choices than there were before.  One thing we didn't see was a chocolate desert every night which was promised.  (Unless you count the chocolate ice cream).

We were on the Constellation 11/6 and 11/13. MDR had nightly, off the menu, Chef Specials, with the recipe provided. No Chef Specials on the 11/13 TA.

Edited by sasset
clarification

46 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

The chocolate dessert offering last night in Luminae was one of the same chocolate tarts you can get in cafe Al Bacio. Only difference was they cut it in fourths and drizzled some chocolate sauce and whipped cream on top. 

IMG_6410.jpeg

Interesting ... Was it good? I suppose you could re-create this outside of Luminae between Al Bacio and some Gelato.

5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes there was lava cake one night.  On the Webinar Laura state they would be adding to the desert menus so there was at least 1 chocolate desert each night.  What I was saying there were some nights with no chocolate desert on that menu.

I heard they are bringing a bottle of Bosco to the table every night , so you can pour it on whatever and have a chocolate dessert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, horseymike said:

I heard they are bringing a bottle of Bosco to the table every night , so you can pour it on whatever and have a chocolate dessert.

That sound good.  Six scoops of ice cream and half a bottle of Bosco!🤣🤣

I have a story about the Lava cakes.  One night we were enjoying them and at the next table to us was a chef!  She told me if I wanted to make these things to buy a Cuisanart steam oven and they would be fabulous.  She was right!  It makes a great job of them and it's a very handy little appliance also, since it is also a convection oven.  We rarely use our big oven now.

I am posting from the Edge.  We are in the final leg of a B2B2B.  

The first leg the Luminae menus were the same as I remembered from a series of cruises on the Eclipse last spring.  

During the second leg some new items, both appetizers and entrees, began to appear some (not every) nights.  Also some nights there were specials, such as Indian food or steaks.

On this last leg we are seeing a few more new items.  

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

The first leg the Luminae menus were the same as I remembered from a series of cruises on the Eclipse last spring.  

Luminae is a completely different animal from the MDR. The major cuts and reductions were in the MDR.

I am seeing 9 entrees every night on the app for a cruise 3 weeks away, if you trust the app this far out. 6 entrees plus the 3 that basically used to be the everyday classics (salmon, sirloin instead of NY strip steak, and grilled or roasted chicken). Prime rib is on night one, no other cuts better than sirloin any other night. 5 night cruise, so no lobster night either. Longer cruises might have better beef options. There is at least the classic chocolate cake offered each night for dessert, several nights Austrian chocaolate cake, and lava cake one night. So it appears they have added a few more choices each night, but may still be scraping Carnival level on quality. I will enjoy my cruise whether the food is typical Celebrity level or has dropped, but if Celebrity goes from the best food at sea for the premium mass market to the worst food at sea for premium mass market/ any market, I will simply drop them from consideration for future cruises unless the price point is low enough to justify a specialty dining package, or I really want that specific itinerary.

• Like 1