Change Sunset Veranda to Aquaclass - Beyond?

Niquein99

Hello!  I'm booked on Beyond next Summer and currently in a sunset veranda on deck 7. Have the opportunity to change my cabin to Aquaclass (not a Move Up bid); I’d pay about $450 total (solo traveler) to change to Aquaclass. Now I’m torn between keeping my sunset veranda or paying to change cabin to Aquaclass. I was in Aquaclass in April on Beyond and loved it! Blu was fantastic! But this would be my first experience with a sunset veranda that I’ve always wanted to try. Do you still get free wine and drinks at Dinner at Blu? Any input? Thanks in advance!

14 minutes ago, Niquein99 said:

Hello!  I'm booked on Beyond next Summer and currently in a sunset veranda on deck 7. Have the opportunity to change my cabin to Aquaclass (not a Move Up bid); I’d pay about $450 total (solo traveler) to change to Aquaclass. Now I’m torn between keeping my sunset veranda or paying to change cabin to Aquaclass. I was in Aquaclass in April on Beyond and loved it! Blu was fantastic! But this would be my first experience with a sunset veranda that I’ve always wanted to try. Do you still get free wine and drinks at Dinner at Blu? Any input? Thanks in advance!

Definitely keep the sunset veranda! It’s so nice to be able to relax outside on an actual balcony and enjoy those views. 

• Like 2

I would keep the SV....   ...great aft views  sunrise, daytime, sunset, night sky.

You will enjoy a larger stateroom, large outdoor balcony ( lounger fits)  and the 4 lovely mdrs...We had an SV on EDGE..middle 7... it was great!

BLU on Beyond is very nice but you can always enjoy AQ Class another time

• Like 3

I don't know if your SV booking is All Included or Cruise Only or when you booked.  AQ bookings now can also be cruise only so I'd also take inventory of what perks you have booked now and what you would get if you upgraded.   Now even if you were to upgrade to AQ AI it wouldn't include tips.   I suspect your real cost to upgrade may be more than $450.   Remember gratuities are slightly higher in AQ as well.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that we have never been on an E-class ship but I would keep the SV and spend some of the extra money you are saving on specialty dining.  The whole IV idea does not appeal to me. I really love being able to go outside on my own veranda any time I want.  

• Like 2

It all depends on how you value time and amenities. On the Edge Class, the Sunset cabins don't have as spacious of balconies and cabins as some of the other classes. They're nice, and larger. But you don't see the much bigger suites and balconies you see on the other classes. It's an incremental improvement, but not a destination like on other ships.

This would actually be a tougher question if you were looking to downgrade from an Edge Class Sunset Sky Suite to Edge Class Aqua Class. The Sunset Verandas are far from almost everything. This is offset on the M Class by the aft elevators that drop you in the middle of Oceanview or outside the dining rooms. They're super far from everything if you're in an Edge Class Sunset Sky Suite, because Luminae, the Retreat, and the Retreat Sun Deck are all the way forward. 

The biggest question actually comes down to how you value the thermal suite. If you're going to use it a lot, it's worth it. They're great spaces on the Edge class, pricier to get into, and all the way forward. If that's an amenity you love, you're not going to love paying for it and hiking to it in your sunset cabin. If you don't care about it, then you're down to the food difference in Blu - but that can be offset with specialty dining, as others have pointed out. More dining packages have been put in cruise planner recently, so you can make an apples to apples comparison there.

• Like 1

Decision was made,  but  noting that the thermal suite on E Class is not as good as that area on S Class ships for various resons!

no view, heated loungers are in a narrow  sunny  glassed in area.. waste of space...useless swing chairs...nicest part is the locker rm..

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DannyS said:

The Sunset Verandas are far from almost everything. 

They're super far from everything if you're in an Edge Class Sunset Sky Suite, because Luminae, the Retreat, and the Retreat Sun Deck are all the

All positives for us. 

• Like 1