Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

Last night at dinner, the pastry chef came by our table to see how we were enjoying the pastries and desserts.  We told him how much we adored the few times he had sent the fruit and nut cups up to the CL for snacks.  

He sent these to our cabin last night.  🥰

20240112_085442.jpg

20240112_085455.jpg

• Like 25

Snowing huge flakes right now....which is blocking most of the view on the horizon.  Can just get a peek at the huge mountains way out there.  Shame we don't have a clear day.   I can't get a decent picture of them.  Sorry.  

Our current position as we head further in:

20240112_090948.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Was pretty cute to see so many crew members indeed popping out with their phone cameras on all the decks.  Happy they had a chance to do so!  🙂 

it’s so cool (literally lol) to see the huge chunks of ice. When we did the Arctic Crossing in 2022 and did a day cruise on Prins Christin Sund, the crew was all outside with us the whole time. I was so happy to see them enjoying it as much as us. I’m trying to attach 2 pics. Not sure if this works.. one night during dinner the captain announced for us to go out and see the train of icebergs, and the sun was setting at the same time.  Sorry, I can’t get the iceberg one to post… 

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_5258.heic

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Down to Chops for breakfast at 8 am...starting seeing more icebergs.  Anxious to get back to the cabin to don our "Polar gear" to go out for a look see.  🙂 🥶

20240112_061633.jpg

20240112_063557.jpg

Really enjoying your posts and pictures. It all sounds very exciting!

• Like 2

We’ve also seen “the blow” from several whales and lots of swimming penguins going by!  I am loving the snow flurries!

It’s so cool to see the excited crew out on the decks taking selfies and videos!  The Ship’s Photographer was out and about after breakfast taking people’s photos, including some of crew!

• Like 15

We’ve passed land with snow capped mountains behind a ship-shaped ice berg in the distance and this island behind the house-shaped iceberg.  Sadly, I only have my old phone to take pictures and it just doesn’t cut it!

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0951.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Last night at dinner, the pastry chef came by our table to see how we were enjoying the pastries and desserts.  We told him how much we adored the few times he had sent the fruit and nut cups up to the CL for snacks.  

He sent these to our cabin last night.  🥰

20240112_085442.jpg

20240112_085455.jpg

I am normally not a “sweets” person, but those things are delicious!  I was thinking of trying to make them when we got home!

• Like 2

Finally caught up to page 89 - this thread is sure fast moving but keep it coming 😁

23 hours ago, island lady said:

Love the smoothie bar.  Bananas and apples popular right now for butterfly tummies,...I had mine in a smoothie...no milk, just apples and banana.  

Oh yum, did you grab a Banana from Windjammer on the way through to Rita's or did the smoothe bar have them there? I sure plan to visit this bar when I'm onboard in a few months time!

On 1/5/2024 at 9:21 PM, island lady said:

Yeah, it's been getting louder all the time.  Not sure why.  Bucky takes his hearing aids out and it's still too loud indeed.  Me...will be using my ear plugs from now on with the concert type shows.  

Interesting, last year on sister-ship Radiance I thought the theater volume was about right. Meanwhile on Ovation it was too loud and I had to wear an ear plug intended for musicians/concerts that lowers sound without making it muffled). So it sounds like I will need to pack this for Serenade. 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Umm......sorry Dave...bet you don't want to hear about snow right now.  😄 

Outstanding  pictures (all of them). I really like the one where you have the iceberg floating by your cabin.  Nice to see you make a cameo appearance. Stay warm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Pat 1, 2 and 3, Laura and all other genuine WC cruisers for all your amazing pictures. Would never have a chance to see this side of the world without you guys! Thank you, thank you.

As Mr Dave described it above: simply OUTSTANDING pictures!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

When we lived up north on Long Island we routinely shoveled a path to the grill in winter 😁 

where do you live?

I live in Northern Utah. I'm originally from upstate NY. About 250 miles North West of NYC. So I'm use to the cold and snow. The older I get, the less I like it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

it’s so cool (literally lol) to see the huge chunks of ice. When we did the Arctic Crossing in 2022 and did a day cruise on Prins Christin Sund, the crew was all outside with us the whole time. I was so happy to see them enjoying it as much as us. I’m trying to attach 2 pics. Not sure if this works.. one night during dinner the captain announced for us to go out and see the train of icebergs, and the sun was setting at the same time.  Sorry, I can’t get the iceberg one to post… 

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_5258.heic 861.51 kB · 9 downloads

Wow...beautiful!  Thanks for sharing.  🥰

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Really enjoying your posts and pictures. It all sounds very exciting!

Aww...thanks my friend.  🥰  We are indeed having a great time. And that glass of Kim Crawford SB I had with lunch warmed me up just fine.  😉 😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

We’ve passed land with snow capped mountains behind a ship-shaped ice berg in the distance and this island behind the house-shaped iceberg.  Sadly, I only have my old phone to take pictures and it just doesn’t cut it!

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0951.jpeg

Indeed...it was the tall jagged black peaks in the distance I could not get a picture of.  Tough to see them, but at  times, the horizon would clear and the "OMG" to see them was very impressive.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I am normally not a “sweets” person, but those things are delicious!  I was thinking of trying to make them when we got home!

Me too.  Simple nuts with dried fruit...and I think drizzled with honey, ..then dried in the cups.  The ones they had a few weeks ago were better (IMHO) with the whole nuts (mostly cashews) than the sliced Almonds.  Hmmm...think I will have another now, that I skipped dessert at lunch.  😄 

Some of those Icebergs are alot like some of the ones we saw in Greenland last year

On Jewel.

The water and ice has such beautiful colors.

Will you see be there when the sun sets? If so you should get some cool looking pictures like we got.

FB_IMG_1695659211368.jpg

20230923_131915.jpg

20230922_171425.jpg

FB_IMG_1695407783659.jpg

FB_IMG_1695407768361.jpg

FB_IMG_1695407754607.jpg

FB_IMG_1695403269784.jpg

20230920_141147.jpg

20230920_141006.jpg

20230920_141130.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 28

17 minutes ago, marquisite said:

Finally caught up to page 89 - this thread is sure fast moving but keep it coming 😁

Oh yum, did you grab a Banana from Windjammer on the way through to Rita's or did the smoothe bar have them there? I sure plan to visit this bar when I'm onboard in a few months time!

No...they have big plastic boxes of various whole fruits and veggies.  Delicious!!  😋

• Like 2

On 1/6/2024 at 11:52 AM, Cruiser99365Girl said:

Greetings all, just came onboard today, will be on until Los Angeles. 

[...]

Today SeaPass cards were given out in the terminal, at the same time passports were taken. The SeaPass card they had for me was on Deck 4. 

On 1/3/2024 at 12:43 AM, CSHS1979 said:

John went, said nothing very interesting. Cabin steward delivers new sea pass the night before. Only 1 muster drill per segment

Forgive me if someone has already asked, are the seapasses on the UWC any different to the normal ones, such as to assist crew identifying full/segment UWCers and those booked for individual sailings? If they are different to normal then that's a nice bonus for UWC full/segment/mini cruisers that collect them.

18 minutes ago, doghog said:

Outstanding  pictures (all of them). I really like the one where you have the iceberg floating by your cabin.  Nice to see you make a cameo appearance. Stay warm. 

My feet finally defrosted over lunch.   I am such a whimp!!  😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OOoohhh...look what we just got!  🙂  

Yes, I have had many Serenade blocks in the past....giving away all but the first one to sister and many crew members (who loved them).....but this one is a keeper.  🥰

Different print on opposite sides.  

20240112_102549.jpg

20240112_102622.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 43

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup guys...a rare picture of me...in my favorite fluffy jacket.  😉  And yeah, that is snow at my feet!

20240112_065449.jpg

she does exist, she is real and now we see her.  Island Lady thanks so much for all the great photos and this makes some of the bad weather and missed dockings worth it.

what is sticking out of your pocket?    again thanks for photo from the next pages including the orange sky.  Some of these you can enlarge and hang on your home.

• Like 3