Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

All that beach walking made us thirsty...time for one more Margarita.  😉

No doubt about it. We would have done the same. I believe it has something to do with all that salt air and sand. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Current position.  Sea day (again)...on our way to the last port of call for this first quarter.  Very chilly out, and seas a bit rough with higher winds again

Thanks for letting us all tag along on your adventure. Safe travels home and we’ll see you on the flip side.😇🚢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

Current position.  Sea day (again)...on our way to the last port of call for this first quarter.  Very chilly out, and seas a bit rough with higher winds again.  

This past October we were on a West coast cruise that had a stop in Ensenada. Last day of the cruise. First time there for us. We liked the place. Took a shuttle into town and just wandered around aimlessly. You'll find plenty of fridge magnets. You'll have no problem finding a places to get tacos, margaritas and cervezas. I can't remember the name of the place we stopped in. Apparently the drinks were that good. 😂

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Current position.  Sea day (again)...on our way to the last port of call for this first quarter.  Very chilly out, and seas a bit rough with higher winds again.  

Adding my thanks for all your updates during this cruise.  Will miss them over the next few months.  Do hope someone else will pick up the slack.  Enjoy living vicariously through you all.  Safe travels back home this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Very chilly out, and seas a bit rough with higher winds again

Seas are usually rougher going north on the west coast. And they have had some serious weather lately in Southern Calif. I was going to mention the seas before, but I figured since you dealt with much worse around Antarctica, that this would seem pretty calm. 😬 My daughter is in San Diego, and she says people down there are now realizing just how many roof leaks they have with all the rain. I guess it’s good for the roofing companies.

Safe travels home and thank you for keeping us all updated on your journey. Very much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Adding my thanks for all your updates during this cruise.  Will miss them over the next few months.  Do hope someone else will pick up the slack.  Enjoy living vicariously through you all.  Safe travels back home this weekend.

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Seas are usually rougher going north on the west coast. And they have had some serious weather lately in Southern Calif. I was going to mention the seas before, but I figured since you dealt with much worse around Antarctica, that this would seem pretty calm. 😬 My daughter is in San Diego, and she says people down there are now realizing just how many roof leaks they have with all the rain. I guess it’s good for the roofing companies.

Safe travels home and thank you for keeping us all updated on your journey. Very much appreciated.

From me also

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Thanks for letting us all tag along on your adventure. Safe travels home and we’ll see you on the flip side.😇🚢

Thanks...joining the ranks of virtual world cruisers until July, when you get to put up with me again.  😄 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, doghog said:

This past October we were on a West coast cruise that had a stop in Ensenada. Last day of the cruise. First time there for us. We liked the place. Took a shuttle into town and just wandered around aimlessly. You'll find plenty of fridge magnets. You'll have no problem finding a places to get tacos, margaritas and cervezas. I can't remember the name of the place we stopped in. Apparently the drinks were that good. 😂

Bucky and I both suffering from a tad too many Margaritas from yesterday.  🥴 🍹 

Hopefully recovered again by tomorrow.  😁

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Thanks very kind of you to say so.  🥰

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Thanks!  Hope your daughter does not have any of those leaks.  😮 

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...joining the ranks of virtual world cruisers until July, when you get to put up with me again.  😄 

Looking forward to it, Patricia!🥰

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Hope your daughter does not have any of those leaks.  😮 

She does, and getting some roofing repair done. The joys of owning a home.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky and I both suffering from a tad too many Margaritas from yesterday.  🥴 🍹 

Hopefully recovered again by tomorrow.  😁

Always remember, hair of the dog. But then again, recovery time is a lot slower as we older. 😉

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

She does, and getting some roofing repair done. The joys of owning a home.

Ughhh...how well we home owners know that for sure!  😳   And we are hardly there to enjoy it.  😮 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

@island ladyDo do you feel ready to get off the ship or do you feel like you could have happily gone on for longer?

Thanks for making this cruise a reality for many of us. Safe travels.

Thanks....Definitely mixed feelings.  Part of me would love to stay on board for another quarter go round, but the other part knows I need to get home to meet with the contractor who is ready to start our laundry room major remodel.  And I want to finish putting everything back in order with the barely finished office remodel that happened just before we left. 

Plus...we have Wonder coming up in two weeks, and our anniversary/my birthday trip to Portland Oregon to stay a a winery guest house for two weeks and then onto the river paddle wheeler for two weeks on the Snake and Columbia river in early June.  Which should be fun and very different  🙂 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks....Definitely mixed feelings.  Part of me would love to stay on board for another quarter go round, but the other part knows I need to get home to meet with the contractor who is ready to start our laundry room major remodel.  And I want to finish putting everything back in order with the barely finished office remodel that happened just before we left. 

Plus...we have Wonder coming up in two weeks, and our anniversary/my birthday trip to Portland Oregon to stay a a winery guest house for two weeks and then onto the river paddle wheeler for two weeks on the Snake and Columbia river in early June.  Which should be fun and very different  🙂 

See, this is why I'm scared of retirement. Life slows down too much and there is nothing to do.😇

• Haha 32