Is My Cruise Paid For ? (Yeah, I Guess So)

richstowe

It's 90 days, final payment date, from my cruise booked with a TA . I paid automatically on a CC  a week ago as per my TA's policy . When I go to the Princess site or their app, I see this

To make a payment or check your balance on the booking, contact your travel agent. with no info on my payments

My TA's site is rudimentary and doesn't show payments. I called both Princess and the TA as well as looking at my CC balance and the cruise is fully paid for. This is not the first time booking Princess with this agency and previously Princess showed my payments . 

Is this new? Have things changed? It's very disconcerting not to be able to see payments on my Princess account . 

Edited to add that all my OBC credits are shown on my Princess

Edited by richstowe

17 minutes ago, richstowe said:

It's 90 days, final payment date, from my cruise booked with a TA . I paid automatically on a CC  a week ago as per my TA's policy . When I go to the Princess site or their app, I see this

To make a payment or check your balance on the booking, contact your travel agent. with no info on my payments

My TA's site is rudimentary and doesn't show payments. I called both Princess and the TA as well as looking at my CC balance and the cruise is fully paid for. This is not the first time booking Princess with this agency and previously Princess showed my payments . 

Is this new? Have things changed? It's very disconcerting not to be able to see payments on my Princess account . 

If you use a TA, under payment you will see that message, You might have possibly seen payments if you booked directly with Princess THEN transferred to a TA. Once your booking is with a TA, for all payment info you need to go thru your TA. 

My TA sends me an updated confirmation/invoice when they process the final payment. You should be able to request this from your TA.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Is your payment made payable to the TA, or Princess?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Is your payment made payable to the TA, or Princess?

Princess Cruise Res is who my CC has as the payee but the card was given to the TA . My understanding is that an escrow account is used by agents with the funds going to the cruise company or airline or whatever.

Again my issue is why Princess isn't showing me my cruise payments like they have in the past.

58 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Princess Cruise Res is who my CC has as the payee but the card was given to the TA . My understanding is that an escrow account is used by agents with the funds going to the cruise company or airline or whatever.

Again my issue is why Princess isn't showing me my cruise payments like they have in the past.

Your TA should provide a paid in full confirmation.  When you use a TA, you do not see payment info on Princess.com.  

• Like 1

I have  not gone to Princess sight to SEE/CHECK and see if my cruise is paid for at this time, as we will be cruising in February. I did use a PVP for the 8 of us, and she has sent me ALL emails "showing" ALL the details of our cruise, as well as everything we are to get, including $25 OBC, as well showing the there is a ZERO balance. As long as I have this as proof at this time, I'm not worry about it. We went back and forth a few times, making sure ALL (some were missing the  middle names) had their full names listed like on passports.

On 12/4/2023 at 6:47 AM, SargassoPirate said:

My warehouse club TA sets their final payment date two weeks ahead of Princess.  In a couple of weeks, it shows in the cruise summary that the final payment has been processed.

I've never seen it in the Cruise Summary. I have one paid cruise in a couple of months so I'll try and see it on the Summary. 

I usually just pay my TA and he sends a payment advice, but I've never seen proof when my payment lobs at Princess.

EDIT - just checked my Travel Summary for my Feb cruise and I can't see any note that my cruise is fully paid.

Edited by leck57
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 5:24 PM, richstowe said:

Because you used a Travel Agent.

Your TA should always enter the credit card into Princess's system (via phone or via POLAR). If they are putting it through their company first - be very careful with this agent! Payment should always be Princess.

• Like 4

On 12/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, richstowe said:

I don't ever recall seeing my payment on Princess when paying through my TA.
I can see FCC's applied and FCD applied but never the actual payment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Agree with all above stating we do not see pricing and payments for cruises booked with a TA.

Y'all's right.  It's not reflected in the Princess cruise summary.  It only shows zero balance in the warehouse club travel site   What was I thinking?  Sorry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

I had to ask SWMBO what NPB means, and SWMBO's best guess was No Problem Buddy.  Did she guess correctly? 🥴

Maybe - NBD ( No Big Deal)- from Steelers36 post

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I had to ask SWMBO what NPB means, and SWMBO's best guess was No Problem Buddy.  Did she guess correctly? 🥴

I was thinking No Big Deal....what's SWMBO?  LOL

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

It might have helped if you asked SWMBO the correct question.  I wrote NBD and not NPB, as others have noted.  10-4, GB.

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2023 at 5:26 AM, Coral said:

Because you used a Travel Agent.

Your TA should always enter the credit card into Princess's system (via phone or via POLAR). If they are putting it through their company first - be very careful with this agent! Payment should always be Princess.

Yes, never use a TA who puts your credit card into their account. 

Your payment should be entered directly into POLAR with money going to Princess, not a middleman. 

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It might have helped if you asked SWMBO the correct question.  I wrote NBD and not NPB, as others have noted.  10-4, GB.

You're right, and that's exactly what she said after I told her I had gotten the letters confused. She said she was going to order me a bottle of Focus Factor to see if that would help.

At this point, it's a toss up.

Now, why did I come into this room?

• Haha 1