🚢 SYMPHONY LIVE -12/16-12/24 🚢 She’s sort of like a song. 🚢

h20skibum

My preferred pirate dad joke...

Me: What's a pirate's favorite letter of the alphabet?

You (thinking you know the answer):  That would be the aaarrrr. 

Me (in my best pirate accent): Tis true, a pirate does like the letter R, but the C be his first love.

Back to Mark on I-95...

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Been meaning to do that tour, just never got around to it yet.

Did you pre book or just get lucky when you went there and they weren't booked for the time you were there?

How long was the tour?

we just got lucky with it.  Since we visited on spur of the moment, we hadn’t researched.  We walked up to see about the tour, and they said the last one for the day just left.  But the guy who was checking up on things said it was his day off, but to give him a few minutes, and he would go get a car and take us around.  

That was so nice of him, and he gave us a great tour.  And, we gave him a nice tip. 

We have run into so many nice, friendly people in that area.  I think the tour was around 45 min to an hour.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Schedule update. 

10 minutes behind at stop 1. 

8 minutes behind by the time we made stop 2. 

Waze says we will be 2 minutes behind by stop 3.  

Traffic has not been bad except rush hour this morning at Charlotte. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I use the Waze app to map our stops, and it gives me the times.  Of course that can change with the time of day and traffic.  I find it hard to believe the 6 hours of drive time today, because that would mean averaging 74 mph.  I can assure you that Susan only drives the speed limit after her encounter with Georgia State patrol last year. 

Last time I drove through Ga,  they gave me a ticket for going a measly 85 mph on I 95. IIRC it cost me about $500. Next time I had to go north, I flew. Delta was much faster.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

When visiting Hilton Head last year, I flew into Savannah & took Uber back & forth to the airport. Both drivers hate that section of I-95 where it crosses over into SC so much that one of them wasn't even going to take my ride request at first but it was a slow day.  Ended up taking some interesting back roads thru the Low Country to avoid I-95 as much as possible.

Anyways, they did tell me there are plans to widen the highway but it's still in the planning stages and will take years to complete.

And things will get much worse while they are doing it.

• Like 5

I know, I know, you are saying we are four pages into a cruise review, and we haven’t even got to the cruise or heard much about it.  So this might be a good time to talk about it. 

Unfortunately, due to some things that were happening in 2022 and 2023, we had to cancel five cruises. So, we had some FCC’s issued that had to be used by the end of 2023. We pushed our possibilities out as far as possible, and came up with this cruise. We booked it, thinking it would work well with our planned stay at the beach house. 

So this is evidently a free cruise, using “girl math rule 3”

IMG_6499.thumb.jpeg.68f3b7d0b362340b137d5aa299ec3516.jpeg

And given that we were able to get $475 OBC from our TA and Royal, that must mean they are paying us to go. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

What is this girl math, you say?

I think Royal uses several of their rules.  They use #8 for their drink package. 

IMG_6502.thumb.jpeg.fc11b3ff3081b6a1a29c0f8a35cc7e99.jpeg

And, they use #6 for their excursions 

IMG_6501.thumb.jpeg.ac6202b3a477af14216ee918ac79b8ec.jpeg

Number 4 covers their reasoning on auto gratuities.  

IMG_6500.thumb.jpeg.45c67886c9db914f8452591aab22567a.jpeg

Hmm, maybe they invented this math. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

we just got lucky with it.  Since we visited on spur of the moment, we hadn’t researched.  We walked up to see about the tour, and they said the last one for the day just left.  But the guy who was checking up on things said it was his day off, but to give him a few minutes, and he would go get a car and take us around.  

That was so nice of him, and he gave us a great tour.  And, we gave him a nice tip. 

We have run into so many nice, friendly people in that area.  I think the tour was around 45 min to an hour.  

If you get a chance on the return and have a little extra time, 8 miles off I-77 in the town of Mount Airy, NC I'm sure you seen the signs for this town.

Stop here :https://www.missangelsheavenlypiesinc.com/?fbclid=IwAR1GX1JrCol9fKiFSJTeLeR78T7vur1R3clLlo9vzO3l6bTg2wwtP_2by0E

Best Pies you ever want to taste from Miss Angels Heavenly Pies.

They have some in the Store but you could also pre-order so you could get the kind you want if you know what day you are coming through that way.

We have also been to their Orchard for pick your own Peaches and Apples.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Last time I drove through Ga,  they gave me a ticket for going a measly 85 mph on I 95. IIRC it cost me about $500. Next time I had to go north, I flew. Delta was much faster.  

Jim got a ticket in Georgia years ago for going 80 mph when he tried to pass a car to get into the right lane on I-95.

50 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim got a ticket in Georgia years ago for going 80 mph when he tried to pass a car to get into the right lane on I-95.

I am surprised that she didn’t get a ticket, and we didn’t end up in jail after what she said to him.  

I think he must have realized he pulled over the wrong vehicle.

• Haha 4

We actually came close to all of our scheduled time estimates, except the last one.  Someone got distracted by an outlet mall, so we spent an hour wandering around it.  It wasn’t too busy, but it did have things that a few people like.  

Christmas tree and a lighthouse. 

IMG_9590.thumb.jpeg.de4a3736203efeeb40c1f1583e9010d9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We actually came close to all of our scheduled time estimates, except the last one.  Someone got distracted by an outlet mall, so we spent an hour wandering around it.  It wasn’t too busy, but it did have things that a few people like.  

Christmas tree and a lighthouse. 

IMG_9590.thumb.jpeg.de4a3736203efeeb40c1f1583e9010d9.jpeg

Is that the Savannah outlets? I love that place and usually try to stop whenever possible. On the other hand, Andy prefers to time it so we hit that area when they’re closed lol.

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Haha 8

In our travels near to our route down and back, we have enjoyed exploring Charleston, Savannah, and Cumberland Island. Susan just remarked, as we drove past today, how she would like to go back to Cumberland Island. 

Many interesting things to see, like wild horses

IMG_9386.thumb.jpeg.28c14e652c588608f63cab59bd2f13c3.jpeg

To ruins

IMG_9401.thumb.jpeg.64d74568f1698bd9c8ddb18d5098ba96.jpeg

Desolate beaches

IMG_9416.thumb.jpeg.d5857fbc4ea7e0e073dfe65e5b3459a3.jpeg

And unique trail bridges. 

IMG_9412.thumb.jpeg.cddd78cdc43e53b94c446659047ac7b6.jpeg

IMG_9409.thumb.jpeg.208b93c6805bcbba02774081cf8f92a7.jpeg

• Like 8

We have had beautiful weather for the first two days of driving, but it looks like we may have some rain in tomorrow’s drive.  

I may have to adjust the start time, because we want to make it to Rustic Inn Crabhouse in Ft. Lauderdale for a late lunch. Will have to see what Waze says in the morning. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Is that the Savannah outlets?

No, that was a small one in Pooler, GA.  We stopped for gas at Sam’s Club, and I got my first credit card fraud alert of the trip.  Probably because we filled up at Sam’s in two different states today.  

The credit card company really keeps on top of things. I am glad we get instant text notifications, and can respond to them immediately.   

• Like 7