Should I pack shampoo and conditioner?

wallflower07

I don’t like the smell of the Elemis products so I bring my own toiletries. I also found that the body wash stings my skin. Your cabin stewards will refill the dispensers in your bathroom.

If you are fussy about your products, then bring your own. Otherwise, you can just use what is supplied on the ship.

Edited by sandiego1
  • Like 1

Her Majesty enjoys the Elemis shampoo/conditioner/body wash provided complimentary on the ship......

It's the scent of "glad to be back on a HAL ship".

(It's a nice touch and it is not cheap if you want to buy a bottle to take home)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

DW even packs bar soap even when we are on the top luxury lines :).  Just because a line has decent "brand name products" it does not mean it will suit all folks.  If in doubt, bring your own favorites.

Hank

We bring bars of soap for both of us. About 18 PC. For the World Cruise.

13 hours ago, wallflower07 said:

We'll be on the Noordam in a few days time in an interior room. Will they have shampoo and conditioner and will it get replenished throughout the trip? Or should we pack our own / extras?

Thanks

If this is your first time using their shower products You may want to  bring some small bottles of conditioner and shampoo you are comfortable with, try their stuff first, if it works well for you use theirs. If not you have your own as a backup.

My wife likes to bring her own , I use the products provided with no problem.

It’s really a matter of personal preference.

Hope you have a great cruise 🚢.

• Like 2

Shampoo and conditioner are provided and replenished. I like the Elemis products - they are a luxury brand, scented, but not at all heavily or lingering. I have a sensitive scalp that is prone to severely drying out, but this product does not bother me at all so I think it is gentle. It does clean and wash out well with no waxy residue. I absolutely love the skin moisturizer provided. A hair dryer is also provided in the top desk drawer.

2 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

We bring bars of soap for both of us. About 18 PC. For the World Cruise.

For what one pays for the "World" it seems like the cruise lines (including HAL) should have a pre-cruise menu where one can choose toiletries 🙂.  DW simply prefers unscented bar soap (such as Dove) and we both strongly dislike the various bath gels.  Shampoo seems like it is more a a ladies issue and I simply do as I am told :).

Hank

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Many people really like the Elemis products, but I find they dry my hair out terribly, so I bring my own shampoo and conditioner in travel size bottles. 

Same here.  I find the conditioner isn't as drying, but the shampoo makes my hair look like a fuzzball.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

For what one pays for the "World" it seems like the cruise lines (including HAL) should have a pre-cruise menu where one can choose toiletries 🙂.  DW simply prefers unscented bar soap (such as Dove) and we both strongly dislike the various bath gels.  Shampoo seems like it is more a a ladies issue and I simply do as I am told :).

Hank

Amazon locker.  They have them all over the world.   I have occasionally used them for long cruises when I want to travel carry on only. All of my cosmetics, ointments and salon products are waiting for me at the locker of my choosing. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mary229 said:

Amazon locker.  They have them all over the world.   I have occasionally used them for long cruises when I want to travel carry on only. All of my cosmetics, ointments and salon products are waiting for me at the locker of my choosing. 

You are so smart. I have much to learn. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would agree with others in that I really don't like the elemis shampoo/conditioner. But, I have longer blondish processed hair that needs lots of conditioning. DH would be fine with it but if your hair is used to more premium shampoo/conditioner products, I do suggest you bring your own. 

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

We first heard of "Amazon Locker" here on these boards (it might have been one of your posts) and it sure makes a lot of sense for a long cruise.  One terrific advantage of being active on CC is learning about these kind of ideas.

Hank

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We first heard of "Amazon Locker" here on these boards (it might have been one of your posts) and it sure makes a lot of sense for a long cruise.  One terrific advantage of being active on CC is learning about these kind of ideas.

Hank

Yes.  I've now learned something I can use on our long RV trips, also.

• Like 1