Experiences with Conquest-Class ships

Paelos

What's your favorite and least favorite things about the Conquest Class of Ship (Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom)?

Would you sail on this class again, or is there something about them that makes you pass them over?

I actually love Conquest class ships, but I might be slightly biased, since Glory was our first ship lol.  I wouldn't hesitate to book a Conquest class if it were a cruise we were interested in.

I actually really like the layout.  I like the atrium and how it is used.  There's no Ocean Plaza, so a lot of the events are in the atrium area.  I like the exterior deck off the lobby on deck 3.  I also really like the stadium-type pool deck.  While I do like large ships, it's not the largest ship, and I enjoy that.  And, for whatever reason, I love a Farcus-styled ship lol.  However, if you are one that is bothered by a ship's age and wear and tear, and limited restaurants, it might not be the ship for you.

• Like 5

No the age doesn't bother me at all. I went on Mardi Gras in Feb and honestly didn't like it at all. The layout felt bizarre, and the Central Atrium idea sounds like a good idea but in execution isn't a nightmare to sit in or walk through when shows are going on. Also just too...freaking...huge. Too many people competing for not enough spaces.

I enjoy the smaller ship feel without it being Fantasy class small, so I booked on Liberty next year and I'm considering Valor as well.

Edited by Paelos
  • Like 2

I've really only been on Freedom and Glory. It would have to be a really cheap cruise or a special cruise as far as ports for me to book one of them again.

The others are missing some basic Carnival items like water works. 

I would put Freedom at the top. It's the newest of them and has a Red Frog Pub. Valor also has a Red Frog Pub. I'd have Liberty and Conquest at the bottom. I've heard people say Conquest has been used as kind of a trainer ship with new crew members. I don't know how true that is. It seems like I've seen a lot of the new CDs starting out on Valor lately.

• Like 1

I've been on the Freedom and just recently the Valor (so far). I like them, especially the Valor was beautiful! You could definitely see their age, but had something about them all the same.

The one complaint I have on the Conquest class is the confusing layout to where you have to go up to deck 5 just to get to different parts of the main deck (deck 3) because the MDR will be closed or whatever. 

Quite confusing. I've managed to get lost on both eventhough they're relatively smaller compared to the newer ships haha

Still, I would go on other ones in the class. Maybe the Liberty one day. It's one I've looked at and considered.

Edited by bg2310

I have been on all 5 Conquest-class ships- most more than once.  They are my favorite class of ship, then Spirit class, then Dream class. I especially enjoy the size of the ship - not too big for us, not too small for us.  Doesn't bother me having to use deck 5 to get to certain decks.

• Like 2

It's been a while since I've sailed on a Conquest-class, but I've been on Liberty -- my first "big" ship cruise! -- Conquest twice, and Freedom.  I wouldn't hesitate to book any of them again, although my friends and I had gravitated to longer cruises on newer ships.  

After being on some of the bigger ships lately (MG, Vista, Horizon), I think it would be nice to go to something smaller after our Celebration cruise next year.  

I like the fact that the older ships in the class have three pools -- pretty good for a relatively small ship by today's standards, and I like the sliding roof over the aft pool and hot tubs.  

I also like the "secret" decks forward -- on some ships you can stand above the bridge-wings, too! -- and the quasi-secret Ol' Fashioned BBQ place on Panorama Deck.  

That is my favorite class actually. Love the fifth floor layout where you can get to just about all the fun places I like to go. The placement of Alchemy not far from the comedy club is one of my favorite aspects. Easy to stop for a drink on my way to see a comedian. 

I’ve been on Glory once, Freedom three times and Conquest twice, most recently Conquest earlier this month. I like the size of the ships too. And I love the adults only pool in the back of the ships. We were quite pleased with the condition and crew on Conquest. MDR service was perfectly paced, bars were well staffed with fun and cheerful bartenders, and pizza was quite fast. It was very clean and our balcony was in good condition with no rust or bare spots. 

10 hours ago, bg2310 said:

The one complaint I have on the Conquest class is the confusing layout to where you have to go up to deck 5 just to get to different parts of the main deck (deck 3) because the MDR will be closed or whatever. 

Ummmm that's the layout on the entire fleet except for the Spirit and Excel classes.  You can't cross the ship front to back on the lower (or only) deck with the MDRs because the galley is smack dab in in the middle between the forward and aft MDRs.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Paelos said:

What's your favorite and least favorite things about the Conquest Class of Ship (Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom)?

Would you sail on this class again, or is there something about them that makes you pass them over?

My notes on the Conquest class, which may or may not answer your questons:

• I've sailed on all the Conquest class ships except the Glory
  • The Valor was my first cruise (and second)
  • I haven't been on one since the Freedom in 2019
  • I've been on the Valor and Conquest twice each.  I haven't sailed on any Carnival ship more than twice.
  • I generally like the layout of all the Conquest class ships.  I find them comfy and easy to get around.
  • As you can probably guess, I like the Conquest and her sisters.  I'd prefer sailing on any of them to any of the current XL class. 😮
  • Like 1